• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space-Time Manipulation For All Pokemon

You do know that breathing in space is not an ability. It has to do with physiology. That analogy does not work here.
But the powers of pokemons are based in elements witch them control and pre-programmed moves. In this situation, all of the pokemons use generic attacks of their elements, so all of the pokemons can do this since their powers are not based on their unique biology but on universal elements of the verse

Not to mention, people are acting as if 1 or 3 Pokémon only were being brought up to do this. Which is untrue.

We have dozens of Pokémon here, Pokémon who are all different from each other, doing this. All ranging from a Buneary to an Infernape to an Azurill doing this.

What more is needed? Unless some want the ridiculous notion to prove 700+ Pokémon barring already known cases can do this thing that’s treated as a basic ability.

How is this even a power worth adding and why would it apply to all pokemon.
It applies to them all because all the Pokémon shown doing this are different from each other, are wild and are a bunch of no names instead of being some particularly special mon.

That and the point about the Distortion Worlds role in the verse that no one has still yet to address.

There’s likely more instances of it, the only issue is it’s hard remembering the obscure feats from the anime.

It took me a while to remember Dusknoirs lol.

Oh yeah there’s another instance that I just remembered (though I can’t find a clip to post it here).

It’s during the episode “Ghoul Daze”. A ghost girl was trying to lead Ash and his friends into the spirit world and to save them, Dusknoir blasted her into the portal that leads to the spirit world and destroyed it.
Dusknoir is like especially connected with Spirit World and suchlike tho.

There’s likely more instances of it, the only issue is it’s hard remembering the obscure feats from the anime.

It took me a while to remember Dusknoirs lol.
Can confirm
Just found the unown episode of the johto season and how a single unown could create a dimension based on Larvitar's memories.

Probably a couple episodes like that through out. The more revealing will probably be those with Ghost and Psychic types.

Isn’t there another’s episode in Diamond and Pearl involving the Unown?

The one where Dawns aipom evolved inside some Dialga and Palkia ruins.

I remember this one; Unown made gravity/space shenanigan and Dawn met with Ash group at some point, except that one was walking on the ceiling.

Oh yeah guys, there’s another one that surprisingly has nothing to do with psychic or ghost Pokémon. And it’s from the nightmare of a season we call Black and White..

In the 27-28th episodes of black and white rival destinies, there exists a space-time distortion within Twist Mountain, called The Gate of Time, that’s makes a pathway that extends into the prehistoric era in the past where fossil Pokémon like Tiritoga and Archeops lives.

Team Rocket planned to use The Gate of Time to go into the past, but in order to do that, they needed to stabilize the gate as it’s a space-time Distortion that changes constantly.

They confirmed that Tiritoga’s own life energy can stabilize the Distortion.

Starting to lean on Pro minor Space and Time Manipulation for all Pokemon, but maybe a few feats. This is a big franchise, after all.

WAIT a minute. I just realized something.

Infinity Energy in ORAS is supposed to be the life energy from Pokémon right?

Weren’t the Mossdeep scientists going to use Infinity Energy to Power the Dimensional Shifter to transport grand meteor delta to another dimension?

I am neutral on this personally. The Rise of Darkrai cases are odd as detailed above. And for Dusknoir, I'd argue that's actually a case we could argue as pretty specific. Its Pokédex entries act heavily in relation to its role to the Spirit World. The Ninjask/Shedinja and Distortion World cases seem like they'd be not too bad of evidence to suggest this though. If there are some more good instances though (which I wouldn't be surprised considering how wide this franchise is), I might give my support to this later.

Oh yeah guys, there’s another one that surprisingly has nothing to do with psychic or ghost Pokémon. And it’s from the nightmare of a season we call Black and White..

In the 27-28th episodes of black and white rival destinies, there exists a space-time distortion within Twist Mountain, called The Gate of Time, that’s makes a pathway that extends into the prehistoric era in the past where fossil Pokémon like Tiritoga and Archeops lives.

Team Rocket planned to use The Gate of Time to go into the past, but in order to do that, they needed to stabilize the gate as it’s a space-time Distortion that changes constantly.

They confirmed that Tiritoga’s own life energy can stabilize the Distortion.
Actually, there is also an instance of this in Hoenn season. An ancient civilization made a machine to use a Baltoy's rotation for time travel.

I am neutral on this personally. The Rise of Darkrai cases are odd as detailed above. And for Dusknoir, I'd argue that's actually a case we could argue as pretty specific. Its Pokédex entries act heavily in relation to its role to the Spirit World.
In fairness, it’s debatable because the portal
Dusknoir destroyed wasn’t one created by him but by the little girl ghost.

Had it been that, I’d definitely agree since his connection to the spirit world is him traveling between the 2 worlds.

I found another one, but this one I’m not entirely sure about.

It’s from an episode in Diamond and Pearl called “Historical was Mystery Tour”

In this episode, Ash Dawn and Barry came across a tent that took them to a different world, a world said by someone that’s “connected to the past, present and future”.

While in that place, they were led around by a Natu while a bunch of different events were going on inside. And Natu was able to send them back to their own world just by glowing

This place was apparently known as the Natu Forest.

It's very simple, it's the preponderance of evidence.

Sure, if one Pokemon did it, like Darkrai, apply it only to him.

But, when we systematically see several people, unrelated to the feat in question perform, the pattern is simple.

Do we now take it that we need to see every Arboreal Monkey to know they can climb trees? Of course we don't, we see that the pattern is repeated, that they, not as individuals, but as a species can do these actions.

If you don't like that analogy for arbitrary reasons, we only see around a few thousand people in our lifetime, maybe more if you're particularly popular, yet we know that there's well over 7 Billion other people on Earth, do we now only apply the status of "Existing" to those we've seen, and those we haven't see exist as figments of imagination? Demanding proof that the others have to prove their own existence? Obviously not, that would be absurd.

Like I said in my previous post, it isn't as if these Pokemon have some special connection to Space-Time or some special ability that would let them do this, in fact, it couldn't be more obvious that it's the everyday Pokemon like Shedninja, Ninjask, Piplup and so on who are common Pokemon, not some rare or legendary Pokemon with remarkable powers.

The opposition seem very sure in their opinion, since evidence is given, it's their turn to provide their evidence disproving the claims presented.

I do, however, think a blog is necessary for something like this. An Ability that requires multiple feats throughout a huge franchise for all/majority of characters to support them naturally having, needs something like a blog to categorize and explain it.
We should work to do this, indeed. Compile all supporting feats we can find, as clearly there are *a lot* already in the thread, possibly even more if we take a deep dive to the series.

And not only from the anime. As NeoZex brought, there might be even more in the games themselves.

Okay so now that we have an unbundance of things to get this accepted, another important part of this that I think we also need to start discussing is how good the potency would be.

The scale of it certainly won’t be anything good, but what level would it’s potency be? 4-D because of things like the Distortion world and connecting the past/present?

3-D would be the standard, but the things that suggest 4-D would be the Distortion World (since the Giratina movie acknowledges things outside of the Creations Trio being great enough to destablize the balance between time and space) and we also have things like Tiritoga being able to stabilize and destroy a space-time distortion that connects the past and present to each other, which is said to transcend time.

And the one with Baltoy.

Here’s the transcending time comment btw:
4e166e78-5dd4-42d9-b2bf-a3bbc26ed111

Back