• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

South Park: Thought-Based TimeFarts

GreyFang82

He/Him
Ok, so I've had a little talk with Bambu and he says the TimeFarts are not Thought-based at all and takes a much longer time to pull off.

He has decided it's not worth arguing so I simply want input from others just so we can put down the correct or at least reasonable answer.

Evidence For Thought-Based / Fast TimeFarts

So the evidence that the TimeFarts are thought-based or at least nigh-instantanious are 1 mini-game from DLC and a thing that happens in-game multiple times.

-In the Arcade in the DLC, when you activate a TimeFart or put in the inputs of it, it shows it takes 0 seconds for the fart to take effect. If this is game mechanics feel free to tell me.

-When using the T button to open up the TimeFart menu or when you want to use one in general, the World Around you stops and stops the animation of everyone around you, so this should at least show that TimeFarts take little to no time to pull off.

If other staff disagree with this, then we can put this in the weaknesses of The New Kid.

Evidence Against Thought-Based / Fast TimeFarts

-One Argument is that the entire TimeFart system is cluttered by game mechanics and it is unreasonable to assume it takes no time because it is a turned based system.

-Another is that TimeFarts, such as the one in this cutscene are seen to take longer than a few seconds.

So, I simply want to know what is the correct or reasonable answer and will agree to whatever conclustion is reached in this Thread.

I have never lamented the inability to take an out of context screenshot before as as I have this very instant.

Back