• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul manipulation and it's effects on soulless beings.

Simply put, the profile for Soul Manipulation states it's a one hit kill on soulless beings. Isn't that wrong though? Soulless beings can't have their soul manipulated, because they don't have one. Furthermore, if souls aren't mentioned at all in a series, do souls exist in them?

^As debated in the thread if souls aren't mentioned, it is still asumed they exist in the series.

Then again as the thread also says if a character is shown to have no soul, soul hax shouldn't have any effect.

The soul manipulation page is badly formulated in that regards I think:

"Soul absorption can easily bypass durability, and can be considered as a One Hit Kill if the opponent has no defense against it (either by not being a living being or being soulless)"

The part in parentheses probably is supposed to mean that not being a living being or being soulless is a defense against soul manipulation, but the way it is written it can also be understood to be the cases where a character has no defense against soul manipulation. That formulation should IMO be altered to make that the former is meant more clear.

That said I am sceptical wether not being a living being, but having a soul, would grant defense against Soul manipulation.

That would be true (except for undead), but then it is basically stating in the parenthesis: either by being soulless or being soulless.

Sounds a bit strange.

I actually found something that makes a resemblence to my theory on Alien X. thank you. It's unjustifiable to just "believe" that anyone have souls because we like to think so, that is not how logic works. And heck, we dont even know if all souls are "made-up" of the same component, so when alien X recreated the universe he also recreated the countless souls that exists. So i wanted to know if that counts for soul manipulation or not.

I think that it is too speculative without explicitly displaying the ability for practical purposes.

Also, this is likely the wrong place to ask. You should preferably create new content revision threads for series-specific questions.

Back