• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't summon them, he probaly just had them already if you believe that Unleashed takes place either after Chronicles or Rush, since he kept the emeralds at the end of those games

ElixirBlue said:
Don't people just ignore his Invulnerability in threads, though?
Welll, not really, he didn't Invulnerability in thread until a few months ago.

ChocomilkAlex said:
I'm actually pretty happy that game sonic has his invulnerability removed. Makes him much less annoying in versus threads
Literally nobody argued Invulnerability when it actually mattered. He was one-shot in several matches as Super Sonic when the AP gap was legit too hard to ignore.

Not sure, but I think Elizhaa already removed invulnerability from Sonic's profile. And I think he did the same for several other Super form Sonic characters?

We still need to add Sonic's durability as a stone wall and determine how much of a stone wall he really is. I have a suggestion but rather wait for a bit since I still need some (scientific) info.

@Medeus

Thamk you for the reply.

@All

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

We could add Stone Wall as a category, and for his durability justifications we could say something like. "Has consistently traded blows various enemies on his level without taking any damage". Since Solaris and Dark Gaia are the only ones who physically harmed Sonic, it could best be said that Solaris was the only instance his AP was fully amp'd by the Emeralds. And against Dark Gaia, he was weakened by negative emotions so his durability amps weren't multitude greater than his AP in that instance.

I already added Stone Wall category; I will say adding adding the durability justifications sounds like a good idea.

I'm not sure if there's enough details to list to give Stone Walls their own page, and we'd have to do the same thing for Glass Cannons if we do. Or they could just be notes added on the durability page or something.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
"Has consistently traded blows various enemies on his level without taking any damage".
I wouldn't mind this except for the fact that Sonic couldn't defeat the Egg Wizard on his lonesome and he took no damage from that boss, so it seems to branch out a little more than just comparable opponents.

But then we keep having the debate of how much stronger someone would have to be to hurt him, which we came here to solve in the first place.

Hst master said:
EW would be the outlier in this since it's way more consistent of his Invulnerability being able to deal with those weaker than him or comparable to his own strength. Else it's final attack wouldn't have meant much and wouldn't have needed Marine to distract Nega from firing.

I know you were just arguing with User about this, but that "final attack meant too much to be ignored" stuff is bogus. While it's an assumption to say it was the planet he was afraid for, it's also just as weird to say its final attack was dangerous to him yet all of the EW's other attacks did literally nothing. What, the EW can muster an attack so far above his normal potency that it would one-shot both SS and BB out of nowhere despite it doing no damage to them otherwise? It's not like something changed or he was powered up more.

And like I said above that's a problem of the gameplay and story clashing. Sonic is gameplay-wise invulnerable but story wise he can't go mano-a-mano by himself, which is a problem. What's being said doesn't match up with what's being played.

I think Zamasu Chan's version seems reasonable.

And to be fair, variable tiers often only include their weakest periods and strongest periods. Obviously, Dark Gaia was Super Sonic at his weakest while Solaris was Super Sonic at his strongest, but the various "in the middle battles" are all grossly inconsistent. Against Perfect Chaos and several others, we could easily call them stomps. But people like Egg Wizard, Time Eater, and Metal Overlord are like tough enough to take hits but unable to do anything but push Sonic rather than deal damage.

Zamasu Chan said:
"Has consistently traded blows various enemies on his level or higher without taking any damage".

Fixed.
Here's the easy solution that seems to be agreed on, then.

Greenshifter said:
But then we keep having the debate of how much stronger someone would have to be to hurt him, which we came here to solve in the first place.
Didn't somebody say they were somehow finding this? If they aren't then we can probably adjust his durability accordingly, close this thread, and call it a day to avoid wasting more time.

But if we leave it at that, how will we be able to tell just how much stronger one would have to be to damage him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back