• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You also literally have done nothing to support your claims in those arguments. Don't even bring up me hating verses when those aren't words I've ever spouted toward Sonic the Hedgehog and is a blatant strawman. I can easily claim you're also biased and it'll hold as much weight.

I'm not gonna argue against you anymore. I've said my peace. If that light is a rift, of which it's more like the rifts seen in the Sonicverse, then the feat is invalid because we have no timeframe and said rift could be located anywhere in Sonic's universe to boot. If that is the universe itself like some have claimed, then clearly they're traveling outside the observable universe and are already within the range of the rift and as such, we still have mo timeframe for them flying out of the universe. If we follow the belief that this multicolored nebula is the rift, then clearly they are already within the range of the rift and we still have no timeframe. As such, I believe this shouldn't be added. It IS entirely too vague. Close-mindedness doesn't negate that fact because there are multiple different ways to look at this feat and intepret it and that's the textboom definition of "vague".

I'll leave this up to the mods because at the end of the day only their opinions even matter and they have the final say so why even bother myself with this unneeded stress.

The only person making headcanons is you Fox. You are claiming they used Chaos Control when there is no indication that they did. We only see Sonic and Blaze fly there. Exception is the rift where the universes are merging.

By default a setting's universe is the same as ours unless proven otherwise. As for the stars, do you not know what perspective is? Stars appear tiny because they're very far away, just like in real life

> You also literally have done nothing to support your claims in those arguments

Read better, because everyone has done so, unlike yours

>Don't even bring up me hating verses when those aren't words I've ever spouted toward Sonic the Hedgehog and is a blatant strawman.

Complains about strawman and does one himself, I never said you hated verses, just not liked, completely diferent

>I can easily claim you're also biased and it'll hold as much weight.

I am not the one who goes in threads and claims everything us wanked with poor arguments, don't forget the time you called me a fanboy and used pure ad hominen against me in another thread

>I'm not gonna argue against you anymore. I've said my peace. If that light is a rift, of which it's more like the rifts seen in the Sonicverse, then the feat is invalid because we have no timeframe and said rift could be located anywhere in Sonic's universe to boot

I guess you completaly decide to ignore my explanation about the merge and where the Rift obviously is, plus the fact Blaze and Sonic flew to it back to the universes by going diferent directions only, which would support even more my point you are being ignorant to

> If that is the universe itself like some have claimed, then clearly they're traveling outside the observable universe and are already within the range of the rift and as such, we still have mo timeframe for them flying out of the universe

Still missing the point, and you saying the place they flew to is outside the universe you are conceding the feat is legit, plus not having a exact timeframe is irrelevant, the calc already gives a good enough one based on the context, unless you think it took years, which is completely non sensical

>As such, I believe this shouldn't be added. It IS entirely too vague. Close-mindedness doesn't negate that fact because there are multiple different ways to look at this feat and intepret it and that's the textboom definition of "vague".

Again, saying things doesn't make it real, just because you can't doesn't mean vague, Nor that's not usable, it's really clear cut, there's a rift right at the point of universal merge, a merge logicaly starts at the edge of something, not at the middle, Sonic and Blaze flew from Earth to there, simple

>I'll leave this up to the mods because at the end of the day only their opinions even matter and they have the final say so why even bother myself with this unneeded stress.

Stop with this backtracking that you always do, don't go my opinion, either stick or don't try, don't go this middle route, this is calling ducking

E101BD3D-ABF4-4F54-95BB-99B16702510E
05BADB13-9C90-4546-BCAA-8FABB2F4DB67
F2C23914-CDEB-4913-89C5-313C391109C0
7F217AFD-59FA-4697-82C1-F0755FB54B02
CB7091D9-21B9-4010-AA95-FF48DE5C3545
CFB97012-C9F9-4C92-B115-3B21352BEAFC
50DC6DBF-9D60-431C-A77B-4EA83C288E17
06E587CF-23EC-4622-A188-00FEBF4CBE8A
Ignoring the myriad of problems I have with all the assumptions made in the calculations, the Eggmen outright said they were going to defeat Sonic first before they built their theme park "outside the universe". Meaning they didn't travel that distance at all.

Yeah. A good amount of Sonic's high-ends utilise out of context shit like that. Eggman flat-out states Solaris in reality wasn't even phased by the Super Hedgehogs and that they were doomed, apparently the merging of worlds happened as a result of the Power of the Stars or whatever being taken which caused the imbalance of their universes, and so on. Hell, everyone in Rivals can both be under the Ifrit's control or don't get affected which is super counterintuitive but whateva.

But honestly it's always such a headache.

@Cal

That's not a mutally exclusive statement if they are fighting Sonic at the start of where the spatial merge occurs, seeing as how Blaze and Sonic fly backwards in opposite directions when the merge is reversed. I can see where you are coming from that we can't use the beyond statement, but that that wouldn't still disprove the distance if the point of two universes merging is seen moving away and toward each other. Also, its pretty weird how you can't see any light from any celestial objects in the sky during the travel. It's doubtful that this detail is not already hinting at a galactic distance being traversed or somesuch. If they neccessarily teleported, it wouldn't make a lick of sense to not arrive on the spot already nor would it make sense since we see them start by flying offscree.

I'm hesitant about the timeframe bit....but cinematic time seems to be static.

At worst the timeframe happens before Sonic has his birthday or something so a year? lol.

@Fox

Chaos Emerald's energy fuel everything Super Hedges do, up to their attacks and defense. They can endure multiple direct attacks from Solaris also backed up lorewise as per the official 06' game guidebook points out their power to be comparable to him in taking attacks and he had zero reason to be holding out on them with his attacks, after all, he had been getting his core damaged multiple times and his life was on the line since he did end up throttled and ended in his 2nd form. They scale fully to his casual power in his 1st form to destroy everything, its been debated to death.

Basically what Mephistus said. Also I doubt the timeframe is any much higher than what the calc assumes, as there's an extreme sense of urgency about the entire situation. And seeing how fast the universes begin to seperate after the battle is over means that them merging should be just as fast.

@Fox Make CRTs if you disagree with how Sonic is rated on the wiki. Complaining about it or constantly stating disagreement yet never attempting to take action can put you in a negative light as someone who just hassles and complains or makes headcanons without doing anything to back it up. I don't mean to offend you with that, but really, it gets a little tiresome.

I don't understand Cal's comment, the feat was never about travelling to Eggman's theme park, it was about travelling to the rift right between the universes, as I explained before, thus they travelled the distance between the edge, as Mephisto pointed out they flied in opposite directions after the fight, implying at least they flew universe distances

No one is saying it's outside the universe, but on the edge, because it's caused by the merge, as explained by yours truly in a earlier comment

ShakeResounding said:
But just to clarify... The Exception (the area where they fight the Egg Salamander) was caused in the merging of the universes, which means the edge of the universes since them merging means they'll always start at the edges first. So the Exception is within the meeting edges of the universe. They're not gonna start mergimg from the center. And the fact that they flew towards the space-time rift debunks that they flew through it or any similar speculation.
It's literaly right here in the OP, no out of the universe business

My opinion stays. What's being suggested is that flying to the rift is at the edge of the universe because the universes were fusing. What's being described isn't a rift but an overlap. This is a rift. And it doesn't even link to Blaze's world. It's just a rift in space, which we have never ever treated at the edge of the universe for any other series without it being blatantly stated.

But the rift was because of the merge, and irrc, the rift is only called that in the Sonic wikia, in the actual game it isn't called a rift, it can easily be a overlap, plus Blaze flying from it to her world would prove it's connected to her world

If you're talking about after the boss was beaten, she didn't fly back. She was drawn back. She wasn't even facing the direction she flew away in. Unless you're talking about a different instance.

She did fly back, we see her flying right when the screencuts, she being dragreed would even prove the conection between it and her world, unless you randomily assume teleportation that's never show nor implied, my point stands

1. Rift is a term we've been using to simplyify this and just referring to what the Sonic Wiki calls it. But as User has said above, nowhere within the actual game is it called a rift. So we can ditch this "it's called a rift so this and that" stuff.

2. Yeah, Burning Blaze flies back in the cutscene.

Well, I think it is, especialy since it's because they are merging and 2 they fly back to their own universes from it

The real cal howard said:
So it's just called The Exception, and we get no confirmation on what or where this thing is...
Hilariously false. Universes wont logically begin to merge in anywhere but the edges, just like after the edges are seperated and each universe returns to their independent barriers of space-time.

I'd like to see this "official source" that was brought up and claimed in the blog by medeus.

Doubt we are ever gonna see that scan tho.

@Cal & Elizhaa

Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back