• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sera Loveheart said:
There is nothing wrong with using feats from spin offs but some of them are just contradictory.
Yes, I totally agree with you.

Well, no further questions. I agree with what was proposed.

@Adam I could careless about Mario since I'm not a fan. It is just the fact that he has no importance here. So drop it, or bring it up on another thread that is NOT a Sonic the Hedgehog Revision, otherwise this thread will be cluttered with irrelevant Mario mess.

Okay. Let's start from the basics here.

First, how about we establish what is canon and what isn't, and what is each Era?

Okay, so here is the rough main Sonic Chronology

Classic Era:

• Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic the Hedgehog II
  • Sonic the Hedgehog III & Knuckles
  • Knuckles Chaotix
  • Sonic MANIA will go here
Transition Era:

• Sonic the Hedgehog IV Episode I
  • Sonic the Hedgehog IV Episode II
Adventure Era:

• Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Adventure II
  • Sonic Heroes
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
This era has many spin-offs, such as Sonic Advanced, Sonic Battle and Rush. Some don't contradict the main storyline at all and can be used, while others are impossible to happen and should be ignored.

Modern Era:

• Sonic Unleashed
  • Sonic Colors
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sonic and the Lost Worlds
  • Sonic Forces will go here

Classic (Sonic 1-3, 4 and 4-II, and all of Classic Sonic's games that are coming in the future)

Adventure (Adventure 1 and 2, Heroes, Advanced 1-3, and 06)

Modern (Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World, and Forces)

I am currently making individual pages for Sonic Boom and Sonic Riders in docs right now.

These eras are just a rought draft btw.

Edit: didn't see Matt's eras. That works splendidly.

If Sonic gets upgraded then the other characters of the adventure period might be affected as well because in Sonic Heroes the teams fought eachother and they were able to keep Metal Madness busy.

Sera Loveheart said:
Modern (Forces)
From what i have gathered Forces was mentioned as a new reboot of the series, but the presence of Classic Sonic might hint to be after Generation.

well tbf the ending of 06…rectons itself like when Elise blew out the candle Solaris never existed and the events never truly happened as Eggman didn't crash in

Matthew Schroeder said:
They aren't 100% useable. Rush and 2006 contradict each other.
i believe an official said that Blaze really comes from Sol Dimension after there was questions about 06 but if we don't use it, its fine

Sonic Forces isn't a reboot. It looks and appears to play exactly like Generations, features Wisps and Classic Sonic returning.

Sonic Forces is not a reboot. And one could argue that 06 was a reboot that started off the Modern Era (beginning with the seventh generation of video game consoles, PS3/X360/Wii).

Sonic Forces is a new stand alone game. It won't be part of the modern timeline, it is instead going to be a separate profile.

Regarding the variable tier for Super Sonic, would it only apply to the modern era, or would it just encompass all his appearances?

Classic Super Sonic will have his own tier. Modern Super Sonic will have his own tier (this one is variable).

Speaker: Iizuka-san, can you please clear out the story of Silver, Blaze and Eggman Nega? Also to mention, in the future, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rivals and Sonic 2006 they all know each other, but in Sonic Colors, they never met.

Takashi Iizuka: So everyone probably know this, but Silver and Eggman Nega are from the future, and Blaze is from an alternate dimension. But in 2006, basically what happens is that everyone had like amnesia.

I believe that Sonic Rivals 1 and 2, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure can be placed without contradicting Sonic 2006.

Executor N0 spoke to me and asked me to post this comment here.

Now then, I have a suggestion for his tier in base form

• Classic Sonic is 8-A (I don't know what feat is this rating based off, it was mentioned in the OP, which was done by someone who played all the games (even Sonic Schoolhouse ?) so I trust it)
  • Adventure Sonic is 7-B (defeated Iblis)
  • Modern Sonic is 5-B (harmed Dark Gaia, defeated Perfect Chaos and the Deadly Six)
What do ya think ?

Wait seriously xD ?!

(Im talking to Matthew, Dark ninja'd me)

EDIT: just checked Chaos' profile, he is 5-A... then Modern Sonic is 5-A too, I guess

Nah I based Classic Sonic's tier off of destroying the Death Egg Robot. Dunno what tier that is though.

The Death Egg Robot is listed as 7-B, so Classic Sonic would be 7-B.

Also, Classic Super Sonic is = Modern Super Sonic, as seem in Generations. Only Sonic himself gets stronger with the times, while the Emeralds remain the same.

I propose the following Tiers for the Sonics:

Classic: 8-A (His feat in the ending of CD)

Adventure Sonic: 7-B (Feats of fighting Iblis. I think he has some other Tier 7 feats)

Modern Sonic: At least High 6-A, likely 5-B (Can fight an Egg Robot powered up by a planet's entire biosphere, can somewhat hurt Dark Gaia by attacking its eyes and kill Perfect Chaos)

Super Sonic: Variable. At least 5-A, At most 4-A

@Matt

The Death Egg Robot not the space station.

I also strongly discourage Super Sonic's feat of defeating Solaris alongside Shadow and Silver being dismissed as an outlier when it is very important. Yet we pass off the contradiction of Goku getting injured by a laser gun and various other inconsistencies because...?

The World Rings are comparable to the Chaos Emeralds but because we keep using the "inconsistencies card" based off spin offs we have Darkspine Sonic (3/7 World Rings) being infinitely superior to Super Sonic (7/7 Chaos Emeralds).

I'm very sorry but I find that very displeasing a strong Sonic fan, especially when Super Sonic has tier 2 feats.

By the way, who scale to which Sonic ? For now, I'm sure Shadow and Silver scale to Modern Sonic, based on their respective rival fight in Generations, and possibly Knuckles and Blaze, although I'm not sure

I am unsure. I don't like the idea of scaling Knuckles and Tails to Sonic's full power. Shadow of course and likely Silver.

His rivals such as Shadow and Silver should somewhat scale but are ultimately weaker (Shadow himself subtly admits this in Sonic Colours DS)

And as for Tier 2 Super Sonic. Sonic has had four Tier 2 feats since Sonic Rush (Chaos and Sol Emeralds being about the destruction of Sonic and Blazes dimensions, fighting Solaris, fighting the Egg Wizard which was empowered by the Power of the Stars, and defeating the Time Eater), the only game to use Super Sonic as a major plot element that has him at lower levels since then was Sonic Unleashed. I think Sonics base should be split into the 3 eras, and Super Sonic should have a variable 5-A to 2-B tier, and if not we should have at the least a possibly higher as there's too many Tier 2 feats this close to each other to be ignored

Super Sonic does not scale to solaris because outlier, the game was erased from the timeline and Super Sonic alone would have been overwhelmed by Solaris power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back