• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic: Possible Game Solaris tier upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reasons for Game Solaris tier to be upgraded from Low 2-C to 2-B to... 2-C to 2-B is because Time Eater's attacks can't hurt the super forms and he is low 2-C. The links are below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hfRGhwsJfSY skip to 25: 35 watch to 25:40

You see the Super Forms getting hit by Time Eater's attack?

Time Eater's Universal+ level attacks can't make the Super Forms lose rings

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Eater_(boss)

Sonic wikia mentions this:

The battle begins with the Sonics chasing Time Eater through a time wormhole, trying to maintain a distance from them. Its most used attack is a wave of homing missiles that homes in on the player. However, this attack is fairly easy to avoid as it is not very fast and Sonic does not lose Rings when he is hit.

In order for Solaris to hurt the Super Forms by making them lose rings his Tier must be above Low 2-C and his attack potency, striking strength and durability should also be upgraded to... Multi-Universe Level to Multiverse Level. So the upgrade should also be to... 2-C to 2-B.

Thanks for reading.

Elione-chan:

It has never been stated how many timelines Solaris can consume. Eggman in Sonic 06 said that Solaris can consume all existing times but he'll take his time to do it. That's why it's possible for Solaris to be 2-B at high end. 2-C to 2-B tier is reasonable.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHkbFWXGhQ skip to 5:45 watch to 6:17 Eggman mentioned more information

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rSLXOOCu69g pause at 0:10 Eggman said that Solaris eats dimensions for lunch.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/30799?useskin=oasis

Also Antvasima did agree with upgrading Solaris's high end to 2-B so 2-C to 2-B would be reasonable.

I do not remember agreeing to anything, but I participate in lots of discussions.

Antvasima:

I know. You mentioned:

Well, even if he destroyed 1000 universes a second, he would still take far longer than the lifespan of the universe to destroy 10^500 universes, so yes I do.

That was when you placed Solaris at 2-B high end.

What do you think of Solaris being proven to be superior to the Time Eater since he must be above Low 2-C to hurt the Super Forms?

Well, I suppose that your post seems to make sense, but would prefer more staff input before deciding anything.

Antvasima:

Thank you for reading my post. I appreciate it.

I hope to hear from you soon about the conclusions the other admins will come to.

hmmm well it kind of makes sense considering Solaris was eating the multiverse in a rapid rate while not instant it seems it wouldn't take to long so it kind of makes sense i think

Agreed. I would still prefer more input though.

I disagree with using the losing rings game mechanic to be considered anything here.

Also don't we accept Tier 2 Sonic as being a major outlier? So we shouldn't be scaling Solaris on a thing of "he can hurt Sonic who survives Tier 2 attacks."

It's like making a Kirby character Universe level due to harming Kirby who doesn't take any "HP damage" from Magolor. Or a new Marvel villain High 3-A since he harmed Hulk who made an earthquake on infinite planets.

What we should be doing is judging Solaris on his own feats/statements which is what we've been doing this whole time. If most staff agrees that his devouring the multiverse thing falls under 2-B, then I am fine with him being rated as such. But not due to the reasoning given in the OP.

I think that Ryukama makes sense.

So, should we rate Solaris as a straight 2-B based on his own feats?

"I know it's an outlier but at least Solaris did hurt the Super Forms unlike the Time Eater."

It doesn't matter if Solaris harmed Sonic and Time Eater didn't. We can't scale Solaris to Tier 2 Sonic if Tier 2 Sonic is an outlier. The whole point of outliers is to discard them. Not to base people's stats from them.

Also almost every Sonic villain can harm him in the games. We're not making all of them Tier 2 by this reasoning.

I'm only fine with 2-B Solaris if staff considers his multiverse devouring feat to be that level. Not powerscaling him to a feat we've firmly established over and over to be an outlier.

Ryukama:

Lets say that in Project Sonic 2017 that Sonic could run MFTL and Time travel with his speed would you consider that an outlier too?

Let's switch the focus of this discussion to whether we should rate Solaris as a straight 2-B for supposedly being able to gradually devour an entire multiverse.

@Adam that has literally nothing to do with anything I'm saying. We consider Tier 2 Sonic to be an outlier. Therefore we can't powerscale characters to Tier 2 Sonic. End of story.

Whether or not I'd consider an entirely different hypothetical speed/hax feat from an upcoming game to be an outlier has no relevance.

Ryukama: I'm not angry with you. I'm trying to understand your perspective.

Project Sonic 2017 IMO might be the sequel for Sonic 06.

I never accused you of being angry with me.

However I am done talking. I need to go to sleep soon. You asked for my input and I gave it. If Solaris's feat is considered 2-B by staff I have absolutely no problem with his upgrade. But I respectfully do not agree with scaling Solaris to a feat we've deemed an outlier.

I'm real sorry but there's nothing more I can say or have to say regarding this.

Also if anything Sonic 2017 would more likely be a sequel to Generations. Since it has Classic Sonic in it. And 06 being by far the most hated Sonic game of all time, so it'd make little to no sense to make a sequel to it.

But regardless we of course have to wait until the game comes out before making any changes to stats based off it.

@Adamjensen2030 I would appreciate if you drop the subject of scaling from Sonic. Let's focus on the issue of whether Solaris should be rated as 2-B by its own feats instead.

Antvasima:

Sure. I think Solaris should stay at Low 2-C to 2-B until other staff agree with upgrading Solaris to straight 2-B.

I spoke to Lina Shields. She thinks it's best if we keep Solaris's tier as Low 2-C to 2-B since we don't know how many timelines exist in Sonic games.

If we don't know the number of timelines, should we even assume 2-B to begin with? For Dr. Manhattan and I believe several other characters who can destroy an unknown multitude of timelines, they get "At least 2-C."

Doctor Manhattan has only affected a single timeline.

Solaris can supposedly eat all timelines given enough time. Hence the rating.

Doctor Manhattan has fodderized people who can destroy "multiverses." At least that's why he has his rating and what is said on his profile.

If Sonic's multiverse has an unknown number of timelines, then shouldn't he be "At least 2-C"?

Apologies if I'm mistaken but I was always under the impression that's what we do for people who can destroy an unknown number of timelines unless cases where the number would logically be 2-B. And remember downgrades to 2-Bs due to that.

Ryukama:

Eggman in Sonic 06 said that Solaris can consume all existing times.

He also said that Solaris eats dimensions for lunch.

I'm not denying that Solaris can destroy a timeline or even multiple timelines. But I always thought we rated people who can destroy an unknown number of timelines as "At least 2-C." If there is something to indicate Sonic has at least 1000 timelines or if I am wrong about how I thought we rated this sort of thing then alright I'm perfectly fine with the upgrade.

Ryukama: Sonic Team never said how many timelines there are. It could be anywhere from 1000 to infinite timelines but he takes his time.

Keep in mind that I am being civil.

But that's the thing. If we don't know how many timelines there are, there's nothing to indicate there are 1000+, and the timeframe and rate of him destroying the multiverse is unknown. Then perhaps "Unknown. At least 2-C" or something might be best.

Ryukama: So at least 2-C to 2-B.

Solaris can destroy infinite timelines Not in an instant he takes time.

My guess is 1 - infinite timelines who knows.

Sorry, I forgot about that he killed Pandora. Anyway, Pandora's "multiverse" only consists of 52 universes. Solaris' multiverse is likely larger, so I am fine with "At least 2-C. Possibly 2-B" for him.

Never mind, if you think that "At least 2-C" is more consistent, then we can go with that.

@Ant Alright. I thought Pandora's multiverse was of an unknown size.

Also I am fine with either a a plain "At least 2-C" or a "At least 2-C, possibly 2-B." Though I'd preferably include an "Unknown." at the beginning too. It's whatever most people think is best.

Okay, "Unknown. At least 2-C, possibly 2-B" should be fine. You can change the page accordingly, if you wish.

I was editing the page but Dark649 did so while I was. So he's been adjusted.

EDIT: He made it "At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-B." I fixed it to the rating that was suggested.

Okay. Thanks. I think that we can close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back