• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Did you try picking up the controller?
807025091916464159.webp
My fault I didn't wanna boost to win and that is legit how you win đź’€

As for me personally, well...

Chaos Emerald hunting in the Advance trilogy was simply despicable, though Advance 2 was the worst offender for forcing the player to essentially memorize entire acts, perform tedious platforming and collect all the special rings in a single attempt just to access the special stage, in a game whose level design based around speed rather than exploration, with the "boost mode" feature.

I love the Advance trilogy plus alongside Battle, the games provided the foundation for a generation of legendary sprite animation but there's a reason "Dimps moment" was a popular meme in the let's play part of the Sonic community.
As a fan of Xenoverse 2, I know the pain all to well when it comes to "Dimps moments"...to the point my pain receptors no longer work and I'm constantly numb to their shit these days.

Sonic Adventure 2

Mad Space.

Simple as.
Would it be fair to say that Mad Space is one of the worst stages made in the Sonic franchise? Because from my personal experience of playing a whole slew of Sonic games, I think it's easily the most dog shit stage in the 30+ years that Sonic has been in the game industry...and it almost makes replaying the Dark Side story not worth it because of that stage alone.

Can someone provide scans of the "dimensional matrix" statement from the Archie comics as well as the one where Sonic and travel from one universe to another by vibrating thier molecules? I can'y seem to find them.

(I'm cooking something forbidden)

It's been a hot minute since I commented on here so I got a good question for you all here: What is your least favorite aspect from one of your favorite Sonic games or just your favorite Sonic game in general?
Least favourite Sonic game is Forces, I genuinely (and personally, of course) think its the lowest point in the series both gameplay wise and story wise

I do have a funny experience with the game though. Idk how, but my friends spent like over an hour playing through Episode Shadow, but when played it, I spent like 10 minutes to finish it and they were baffled

Least favourite Sonic game is Forces, I genuinely (and personally, of course) think its the lowest point in the series both gameplay wise and story wise
It's a shame because had it been darker in tone and with good writing to reflect it, Forces coulda been a rough gem.
god damn these stats are... certainly something
When you've seen unironic arguments for Tier 0 Base Sonic to Tier 6 with Hyper, you learn to appreciate them.

I'm so genuinely curious. Statements aside, how the actual hell is this hallway meant to be infinite

I could understand if the hallway was actually LONG, but the thing's like 300 meters at most

This just reads as a blatant "Death of the Author" moment

Last edited:
Prima Guides are notoriously inconsistent in quality. Prove Infinite Distance was literally at all intended here by the actual developers
I don't think the visuals by itself are enough to debunk a statment, especially since a Wii game is physically incapable of showing off an infinite space anyways. So you need stronger evidence that the statment ISN'T vialible. Claims without proof can be dismissed without proof and all that.

I thought you were just joking, but if you really have a problem with infinite speed then you got to make a counter-CRT. I was only in favor of "possibly" infinite anyways.

I don't think the visuals by itself are enough to debunk a statment, especially since a Wii game is physically incapable of showing off an infinite space anyways.
There's plenty of ways to show an infinite space. Especially when Sonic gets teleported a LOT during this section of the level

Friendly reminder of the Infinite Staircase Nintendo made back in 1996
So you need stronger evidence that the statment ISN'T vialible. Claims without proof can be dismissed without proof and all that.
The fact the back wall can be seen from the entrance

The map the Prima Guide itself provides of the level

Plus the fact the Prima Guide is NOTORIOUSLY inconsistent in terms of just making up information
Even then you gotta debunk the null space point too and that's slightly more harder to do.
Sonic literally escapes null space via a portal. The game does the work for me

Actually the Prima Guidebook itself doesn't even try to paint the corridor as infinite outside of that one statement

The literal map on Page 256 has that corridor as one of the smallest parts of the level

The sections Sonic gets teleported to are either nearly as long or longer than the corridor itself
that is a map of the layout of the level in gameplay, don't see why that would be more valid that the other statement, plus that can just mean that the rest of the level is infinite as well as it gives no finite measurement for it

I'm so genuinely curious. Statements aside, how the actual hell is this hallway meant to be infinite

I could understand if the hallway was actually LONG, but the thing's like 300 meters at most

This just reads as a blatant "Death of the Author" moment

Me when gameplay mechanics

None of these arguments against either of feats are really all that good. Like, you’re basically saying that the games have to visually show that these go on forever and that statements don’t actually mean anything. That’s a pretty ridiculous ask to me

That isn't actual infinite speed. Nintendo is just looping a small section of the staircase, that can get broken with enough speed. It wouldn't work in this game.

Anyways, all your points is just "muh visuals" so I am going to dismiss them with "muh gameplay" until you bring better arguments and stop being so confrontational in a general discussion thread of all things. Chill.

There's plenty of ways to show an infinite space. Especially when Sonic gets teleported a LOT during this section of the level

not seeing why being teleported via portals to another space entirely matters here

also when the objective of the level is to get to the end of it......that warping back from the 64 era wouldn't work for what the levels wants to do

The fact the back wall can be seen from the entrance
From an infinite speed char infinite distances do seem finite

The map the Prima Guide itself provides of the level
what of it?

Plus the fact the Prima Guide is NOTORIOUSLY inconsistent in terms of just making up information
Show us when the guide for Secret Rings does that

Sonic literally escapes null space via a portal. The game does the work for me

a portal after he went to the end of it, this showed in the upgrade thread, they reached the end and broke their way out of it

None of these arguments against either of feats are really all that good. Like, you’re basically saying that the games have to visually show that these go on forever and that statements don’t actually mean anything. That’s a pretty ridiculous ask to me
No, I'm saying that the game should at least imply it if the 3rd party is to be believed.

But when the 3rd Party itself is literally inconsistent on their own claim, it's very heavy reason to doubt the statement

Bruh.

Sorry pointing out that the Prima Guide itself is inconsistent about this hallway is apparently throwing a tantrum
The “inconsistency” is just the fact that actually showing an infinite sized thing is damn near impossible if you want Sonic to cross the thing

No, I'm saying that the game should at least imply it if the 3rd party is to be believed.

But when the 3rd Party itself is literally inconsistent on their own claim, it's very heavy reason to doubt the statement
“Inconsistent” aka “this visual doesn’t show the exact thing I want it to”

Your argument is solely visuals, which is inherently faulty. You used the endless staircase as an example for how to depict something that’s infinite in size. The problem with that example is that Mario’s never shown crossing it like Sonic crossing the corridor (unless you use backwards long jumping which isn’t at all viable scaling-wise). When he gets 70 stars, he undoes the endless staircase

Back