• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It can be hard being a Sonic fan my age especially with the people around me. They can be so cruel when they sense weakness.
Eh, after getting told you never had a good 3D game enough times, you just learn to roll with the bullshit and sarcasm directed your way.
Ngl as someone whose been lurking around here on and off for the last year and half, it feels surreal actually talking to you guys.
Well we're glad to have you join our brigade, man. You're on the tracks with us now, no going back.

we are gonna be around here for a while right?
As in on the wiki? Sonic fans are nothing if not passionate so I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, I've been here since Q3 of 2017 and lurked before even that. We've pioneered a lot of great things here on the Sonic powerscaling scene

The occasional lull of lacking motivation is worth it. No matter what, we'll find our flame

As in on the wiki? Sonic fans are nothing if not passionate so I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, I've been here since Q3 of 2017 and lurked before even that. We've pioneered a lot of great things here on the Sonic powerscaling scene

The occasional lull of lacking motivation is worth it. No matter what, we'll find our flame
FLAME OF HOPE

Welp....I guess I got to share the thing as well, the thing which causes boys to become men and increase testosterone by 1000% percent

0safr93ogd5b1.jpg

Man I hate that they killed off Man in Suicide Squad: Kill Man, after everything RockSteady built in the Man Arkham series. I mean Man Arkham Knight was the perfect conclusion to Man's story and ended wonderfully, but they brought back Man to die in the most embarrassing and crappy way imaginable.

Hopefully Suicide Squad's poor reception causes RockSteady to reveal their upcoming project in 2124: "Man Arkham: The Return of Man."

Is it just me or does anyone else have a gripe with idw sonics powerscaling. I ask this because I usually don't try thinking about powerscaling when consuming media but I feel idw has so many bizarre moments that kind of irk me which I will list below.

1.) Master overload in general. Ian flynn despite admitting he dislikes sonic beating perfect chaos due to wanting emerald power to be top of the food chain has sonic and co beat somebody powered by the one power source greater than the chaos emeralds. Beyond just being bizarre on the why would Ian be on board with this front it's also worth noting that Master overlord could have been beaten in so many cooler ways. For example sonic could have used the master emerald to transform or blaze could have went burning blaze. Hell you could even have both of these happen at once and have a sick team up we havent seen since rush. But instead of that we have the base cast simply bum rush overlord and win because who would want to see super sonic and blaze fight an island sized robo dragon 🙄.

2.) Silver telekinesis nerf. For some reason in idw Silvers telekinesis sucks and for seemingly no reason. Before listing the times where silvers tk is portrayed as weak I'd like to note that I would dislike his portrayal less if his nerfs served a narrative purpose but they don't. This is shown during the encounter with Starline when he blocks a small building level explosion and passes out. Later we even see him on a hospital bed at restoration HQ and I just ask why did this need to happen for the story to function and the answer is it didn't need to happen. After all starline would have still escaped if Silver no sold the blast which means that Silver passing out was pointless and could have been removed. Additionally there's an odd line during the master overlord fight where Silver while reaching out afew meters with his tk says I've never needed to reach in so many directions before like we havent seen him pick up several 100 cars from a city merge them into a ball and punt them at sonic in generations.

Anyways there's way more odd scenes in idw that I would love to get into and will eventually but this is getting long already so I'm going to just say this. Wanting a smaller scale story and stakes amplified by mundane hazards like fall damage is fine but Ive got a problem when writers impose weaknesses on characters for artificial drama. And with idw I too often feel that the writers want to have they're cake and eat it too with grand larger than life events while simultaneously indulging in luxeries and stakes provided by more grounded series.

But hey maybe I'm just nuts.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a gripe with idw sonics powerscaling. I ask this because I usually don't try thinking about powerscaling when consuming media but I feel idw has so many bizarre moments that kind of irk me which I will list below.

1.) Master overload in general. Ian flynn despite admitting he dislikes sonic beating perfect chaos due to wanting emerald power to be top of the food chain has sonic and co beat somebody powered by the one power source greater than the chaos emeralds. Beyond just being bizarre on the why would Ian be on board with this front it's also worth noting that Master overlord could have been beaten in so many cooler ways. For example sonic could have used the master emerald to transform or blaze could have went burning blaze. Hell you could even have both of these happen at once and have a sick team up we havent seen since rush. But instead of that we have the base cast simply bum rush overlord and win because who would want to see super sonic and blaze fight an island sized robo dragon 🙄.

2.) Silver telekinesis nerf. For some reason in idw Silvers telekinesis sucks and for seemingly no reason. Before listing the times where silvers tk is portrayed as weak I'd like to note that I would dislike his portrayal less if his nerfs served a narrative purpose but they don't. This is shown during the encounter with Starline when he blocks a small building level explosion and passes out. Later we even see him on a hospital bed at restoration HQ and I just ask why did this need to happen for the story to function and the answer is it didn't need to happen. After all starline would have still escaped if Silver no sold the blast which means that Silver passing out was pointless and could have been removed. Additionally there's an odd line during the master overlord fight where Silver while reaching out afew meters with his tk says I've never needed to reach in so many directions before like we havent seen him pick up several 100 cars from a city merge them into a ball and punt them at sonic in generations.

Anyways there's way more odd scenes in idw that I would love to get into and will eventually but this is getting long already so I'm going to just say this. Wanting a smaller scale story and stakes amplified by mundane hazards like fall damage is fine but Ive got a problem when writers impose weaknesses on characters for artificial drama. And with idw I too often feel that the writers want to have they're cake and eat it too with grand larger than life events while simultaneously indulging in luxeries and stakes provided by more grounded series.

But hey maybe I'm just nuts.
You are speaking facts. Ian admitted that he can't write "overpowered" characters which is why he removed Shadow from the Metal Virus arc early on, for example.

Reactions: JED
Man, and Shadow, in my opinion, was one of the best characters back in the Adventure Days, his narrative and stuff was captivating. Shame we didn't see Ian try to replicate it in terms of quality, but since its a multi-million dollar company, it'll either go through constant reboots and restarts like DBS Goku, or just keep milking the same thing. I hope Shadow Generations fun fact, that has LGBTQ+ on its Steam Page. tries to do something with him. But I doubt it, tbh.

You are speaking facts. Ian admitted that he can't write "overpowered" characters which is why he removed Shadow from the Metal Virus arc early on, for example.
And what's funny about that plot point, is if Shadow was too "overpowered" being on the allies side, he should've been a major and looming threat as a Zombot then but instead the metal virus heavily nerfs him to the point he can't use chaos energy abilities, his air shoes broke and his attacks became predictable BUUUUUUT he was still strong enough to easily tear Omega apart before being written out of the story until the Metal virus saga conclusion.

Yup artificial stakes indeed.

And what's funny about that plot point, is if Shadow was too "overpowered" being on the allies side, he should've been a major and looming threat as a Zombot then but instead the metal virus heavily nerfs him to the point he can't use chaos energy abilities, his air shoes broke and his attacks became predictable BUUUUUUT he was still strong enough to easily tear Omega apart before being written out of the story until the Metal virus saga conclusion.

Yup artificial stakes indeed.
On the point of shadow, moving forward it seems like he's going to need a chaos emerald to preform chaos control for the whole Ian is afraid of op characters thing. But honestly I have no idea why they don't just establish that he has a mana bar that takes a full day to replenish naturally. By doing this shadow could still use his cool as hell abilities but wouldn't be able to spam them carelessly. If we go further into this whole mana bar idea we could even have chaos emeralds replenish said mana bar at a faster and faster rate the more emeralds he acquires. Additionally I have an idea to distinguish between vocalized and non verbal chaos control since thats an oddity in the franchise that hasn't been cleared up. The idea is that when using normal chaos powers it always takes away from your own mana bar however when vocalized it takes from the emerald directly meaning you don't lose the stamina you otherwise would.

But this won't happen as oh no cool abilities scary.

With Cyberspace being powered by the Chaos emeralds, is there any of the things the emeralds have, you could get for CS, like Conceptual stuf

With the recently accepted infinite speed upgrades for the game verse, here are the infinite speed fetas needed for Archie to follow suit.

Pre-Genesis Wave:

As per the most recent cosmology upgrade, zones\universes are accepeted as infinite, which means that most of Sonic’s most impressive MFTL+ feats are now infinite. This includes:

-His travels accross the cosmic interstate

-The WOG statement that states Sonic is fast enough to travel to every planet in the universe and be back in time for lunch

-Zonic being able to keep track of every Sonic in the multiverse through his monitors, despite the fact that there are infinite Sonics to keep track of. (This also gives extra support to the notion of infinite sized zones since Zonic’s dimension would need to be infinite sized in order to house infinite monitors)

-While running over a big ring, Sonic warped reality and shaped it into a giant infinity sign (Not notable by itself whatsoever, but worth adding to the list because why not)

-Probably more that I’m forgetting

Post-Genesis Wave:
-His game feats from Secret Rings and Generations that gave his canon counterpart his new speed rating are also canon to this continuity. The only one that isn't canon here is escaping Null Space.

-Scales to Blaze, who is the same as her pre-genesis wave self if I’m not mistaken. (I don’t know why post Genesis wave characters were ever weaker than pre-genesis ones then tbh, but whathever. They should become Low 2-C from scaling to game feats anyway)

-Sonic Man moves in frozen time EXPLICITELY out of sheer speed

If I'm missing something, or if you would be so kind as to provide scans, we can get this upgrade under way once we're done editing the game profiles.

With the recently accepted infinite speed upgrades for the game verse, here are the infinite speed fetas needed for Archie to follow suit.

Pre-Genesis Wave:

As per the most recent cosmology upgrade, zones\universes are accepeted as infinite, which means that most of Sonic’s most impressive MFTL+ feats are now infinite. This includes:

-His travels accross the cosmic interstate

-The WOG statement that states Sonic is fast enough to travel to every planet in the universe and be back in time for lunch

-Zonic being able to keep track of every Sonic in the multiverse through his monitors, despite the fact that there are infinite Sonics to keep track of. (This also gives extra support to the notion of infinite sized zones since Zonic’s dimension would need to be infinite sized in order to house infinite monitors)

-While running over a big ring, Sonic warped reality and shaped it into a giant infinity sign (Not notable by itself whatsoever, but worth adding to the list because why not)

-Probably more that I’m forgetting

Post-Genesis Wave:
-His game feats from Secret Rings and Generations that gave his canon counterpart his new speed rating are also canon to this continuity. The only one that isn't canon here is escaping Null Space.

-Scales to Blaze, who is the same as her pre-genesis wave self if I’m not mistaken. (I don’t know why post Genesis wave characters were ever weaker than pre-genesis ones then tbh, but whathever. They should become Low 2-C from scaling to game feats anyway)

-Sonic Man moves in frozen time EXPLICITELY out of sheer speed

If I'm missing something, or if you would be so kind as to provide scans, we can get this upgrade under way once we're done editing the game profiles.
Looks Good

Back