• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I personally feel Sonic from 1 would beat my ass as badly as Frontiers would, so, if they were to have some official statement (for some reason) in that regard, I suppose it wouldn't altar how I go about stuff, much.
It's in part also related to some other stuff. I remember something about the Sonic Adventure 1 Navigation Guide saying a bit about where Sonic was before the events of the game saying that Sonic was back from a long training journey, so in a way, the notion that "Sonic never gets stronger/never trains" would really just be another one of the retcons that they are doing that basically is all about "let's ignore Japanese material because most fans never read them".

It's in part also related to some other stuff. I remember something about the Sonic Adventure 1 Navigation Guide saying a bit about where Sonic was before the events of the game saying that Sonic was back from a long training journey, so in a way, the notion that "Sonic never gets stronger/never trains" would really just be another one of the retcons that they are doing that basically is all about "let's ignore Japanese material because most fans never read them".
I mean I don't think that'll be a top priority for SEGA and Sonic Team personally since they got way bigger problems frankly.
Otherwise I'd be very curious to know how Sonic Team would explain Sonic beating Perfect Chaos in Generations, or Sonic blatantly stating he gets stronger when fighting Infinite in their rematch. That sort of thing would be its own retcon

That's fair, Metalcore isn't one of my one favorite genres of Metal either and I do get why some wouldn't like it in comparison to most other forms of Metal.
Still being a metal head junkie and severely missing Crush 40, I'll take any opportunity to bop my head to some metal like tracks in Sonic

That's fair, Metalcore isn't one of my one favorite genres of Metal either and I do get why some wouldn't like it in comparison to most other forms of Metal.
Still being a metal head junkie and severely missing Crush 40, I'll take any opportunity to bop my head to some metal like tracks in Sonic
I'm a Trad Heavy/Power/Speed guy,& Gioeli's vocals are in line with those. I probably wouldn't have minded as much if Frontiers had a bunch of different genres like the SA days,but this paradigm shift to ONLY metalcore/Screamo adjacent stuff for the Titan battles wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm a Trad Heavy/Power/Speed guy,& Gioeli's vocals are in line with those. I probably wouldn't have minded as much if Frontiers had a bunch of different genres like the SA days,but this paradigm shift to ONLY metalcore/Screamo adjacent stuff for the Titan battles wasn't my cup of tea.
That's understandable, having vocals that are a lot more soft in comparison to Gioeli's vocals could damper the experience of the intense and large scale these Titan fights produce.
Regardless, I do disagree because I think the music really gets good when the fight really starts to get crazy but I respect if you don't feel the same

That's understandable, having vocals that are a lot more soft in comparison to Gioeli's vocals could damper the experience of the intense and large scale these Titan fights produce.
Regardless, I do disagree because I think the music really gets good when the fight really starts to get crazy but I respect if you don't feel the same
Now the OTHER music in the game is great,but to be fair, I also haven't heard boss music that comes remotely close to Ruby Delusions in this IP since.

Now the OTHER music in the game is great,but to be fair, I also haven't heard boss music that comes remotely close to Ruby Delusions in this IP since.
What's your favorite piece of music from Frontiers? Mine are easily the Island themes, like all of them.
And the reason is that not only do they get more lively as you collect more Emeralds, but because I think it really enhances the tone of Frontiers. Sombering tunes, which enforce the feeling of exploring ruins of a civilization lost to time

What's your favorite piece of music from Frontiers? Mine are easily the Island themes, like all of them.
And the reason is that not only do they get more lively as you collect more Emeralds, but because I think it really enhances the tone of Frontiers. Sombering tunes, which enforce the feeling of exploring ruins of a civilization lost to time
Same.You summed up pretty much all the points I was gonna make about those tunes.

Am still trying to grasp how they will humanize eggman even after the metal virus shit, cream and whisper ain't having that shit.

Eggman will mature or grow with the help of Sage in an emotional aspect. He will most likely not become a good person, just a more emotionally developed one.
Another aspect of Frontiers I hated. I grew up with a cold as ice interpretation of him in Pre-SGW,who didn't hesitate in slightest to tell his "daughter" Mecha to self-terminate & roboticized his own brother. I don't like him all ******* sentito.

To be fair, the interpretation of Eggman in the comics doesn't really mesh well with his characterization in the games. For me personally, Eggman being a sociopathic monster in the comics works because well it's an entirely different continuity with elements taken from the games so when it came to telling an original story then it made sense to make Eggman's personality so radically different.
With the games? Ever since SA2 I think it's be pretty hinted at that although Eggman can be harsh and is very narcissistic he does have some form of restraint, if his reaction to Gerald's plan of destroying the world and that he would've stopped himself from gathering the Chaos Emeralds if he knew the true purpose of the Space Colony Ark. So in this regard, and with the introduction of Sage, I think it's not such a bad move to have Eggman become a little more emotionally developed now that he himself can find care in another being

The vocals are weak AF,the riffage is ass,the composition,tuning,& keys are dull,the solos are nothing special.

I'M HANGING ON TO THE OTHER SIDE
I WON'T GIVE UP 'TIL THE END OF ME
I'M WHAT YOU GET WHEN THE STARS COLLIDE
NOW FACE IT; YOU'RE JUST AN ENEMY
88a.jpg

Before I looked him up,I thought Kellin Quinn was a 10 year old girl that was singing LOL.
Thought he was a girl at first too ngl lmao

Another aspect of Frontiers I hated. I grew up with a cold as ice interpretation of him in Pre-SGW,who didn't hesitate in slightest to tell his "daughter" Mecha to self-terminate & roboticized his own brother. I don't like him all ******* sentito.
i always saw eggman as a arrogant, narcissistic jerk who does awful stuff without much care for others, but he always cared a little about the consequences of his actions, like in rush adventure where eggman thinks nega is a madmen and crazy for even attempting the "planet buster laser" or in adventure 2 where he gets shocked that gerald would try to destroy the world, along with more "human" sides of him in adventure 2 where we see him reflecting on his motive to becoming a scientist or in lost world where he saves tails from getting harmed, he is more of a jerk type villain than a sociopath monster, this is one of thi things that make so interesting to me at least

Archie interpretation of Eggman is great but I wouldn't just say it should be the only valid thing.

I think I prefer to view most interpretations of Sonic characters to perfectly co-exist with each other. Even if there is some I don't agree with as well.

OOHH DESTINYYYYY
WROUGHT DIVINE IRON LORE
SPEEDS ELECTRIC ELITE
HOWLIIING VORACITYYYY
LEAVING LIGHTYEARS BEHIND TERRORIIIIIIIIIIIZED
FROM THE MERCY OF TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
RAMPANT CLAAAWS
PAIRED WITH MY TERMIINAL GAZE
TESTING LIFE'S FORMAL LIMIIIT
OF RESIIIITAANCE
RAZE THE EARTH'S PYRE UNFUURLING MY BLIGHT ON THE WIIIIND
BUURNING UP WITHIN HELL'S SEAT OF SIN
REACHIING THE FIIINAL BAAAANE
HOPE FOR THE FUTURE DENIED

Last edited:
RAMPANT CLAAAWS
PAIRED WITH MY TERMIINAL GAZE
TESTING LIFE'S FORMAL LIMIIIT
OF RESISTAANCE
RAZE THE EARTH' PYRE UNFUURLING MY BLIGHT ON THE WIIIIND
BUURNING UP WITHIN HELL'S SEAT OF SIN
REACHIING THE FIIINAL BAAAANE
HOPE FOR THE FUTURE DENIED
HIIIIIIIIDE BEHIND THE EARTH FROM MY STARLIIIIIIIIIIGHT BRIGHT & SUPERIOOOOOOOR
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH
THE EYE OF THE JAGUUUUUUUUARRRR
NOOOW & FOREVEEEERRRRRRR

NO MORE COMPROMISE
THIS IS DO OR DIE
I'LL TELL YOU ONE LAST TIME
YOU'LL WAKE THE BEAST INSIDE
shrek.jpg
SCREEEAMIING REVEERSE OF THE REEEEDSHIIFT LIIIGHT
THREADS OF BALAANCE UNWIIIND
TEEEEARS THE FABRIIIC OF TIIIIIIIME
GLEEAMING BRIGHTEEER
AFTEER ALLL WORLLDS ARRE PULLED INSIDE
GRIIPING TIGHTEER
CHOKES OUT THE SOURCEE
OF YOOUR BOOUNDLESS MIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

i always saw eggman as a arrogant, narcissistic jerk who does awful stuff without much care for others, but he always cared a little about the consequences of his actions, like in rush adventure where eggman thinks nega is a madmen and crazy for even attempting the "planet buster laser" or in adventure 2 where he gets shocked that gerald would try to destroy the world, along with more "human" sides of him in adventure 2 where we see him reflecting on his motive to becoming a scientist or in lost world where he saves tails from getting harmed, he is more of a jerk type villain than a sociopath monster, this is one of thi things that make so interesting to me at least
I feel like some of these are more examples of self-preservation than actual emotion though.

Back