• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I agree. There's actually several instances of power creeps that I hope can be separated into keys. My goal is so separate the Modern era into keys based on entries up to a certain date (Like as a random example, Unleashed until Colors)
yeah, but it would likely require a separation between modern and adventure or else we could end up with something like this ugly thing which is a no on my book

I'm used to it tbh, when you hear another mass produced NPC repeat the oh so not overused phase Sonic had a rough transition into 3D on gaming review sites/interviews or people still reacting to Sonic 06 like it was some kind of historic war crime on YT, at some point you just got to deal with the cards I've dealt with.

Tbf looking at the more recent CRTs over the past few months it's pretty evident we Sonic supporters are far from most "troublesome" people to deal with when it comes to revisions for a popular, iconic and/or infamous verse.
sonic 06 was not that bad tbh, story wise at least

Tbf looking at the more recent CRTs over the past few months it's pretty evident we Sonic supporters are far from most "troublesome" people to deal with when it comes to revisions for popular, iconic and/or infamous verses.
Very true. Reflecting back on earlier, I was moreso annoyed that they kinda just group us together when the Sonic fandom here is probably one of the best I've seen apart from the exceptions I named and a few others. Like, you guys are some genuinely chill and cool people. worst is when they don't even have the nerve to be consistent, just two-faced
sonic 06 was not that bad tbh, story wise at least
Sonic 06 is only the worst game known to mankind, of course! /s

I wanna ask you all a general question, though I expect to get varied responses; Does anybody particularly like or dislike the stigma surrounding Sonic fans on this forum?
It is annoying but that’s just the non fan view of the franchise in general. Always use the worst to represent. Everyone else kinda summed up my thoughts otherwise.
Even though it’s wild because so many other fanbases do what they accuse the Sonic scalers of arguably worse just they don’t catch nearly the same amount of shit.

i guess that it is because of the "sonic is tier 0 and one of the strongest in fiction because jungyan archetypes and neo platonism" speech

now that we are at it, what even IS a jungyan archetype? every time i talk to one of these people they just use that and refuse to elaborate, or just link me to a discord server with a gigantic wall of text

OH do tell
oh why spoil the surprise, you'll see soon enough
2404a7ea628f9e568345d30af0031365.jpg

i guess that it is because of the "sonic is tier 0 and one of the strongest in fiction because jungyan archetypes and neo platonism" speech

now that we are at it, what even IS a jungyan archetype? every time i talk to one of these people they just use that and refuse to elaborate, or just link me to a discord server with a gigantic wall of text
an archetype is an universal idea that is unconsciously inherited, a thought pattern, an image, etc.
means, it's more or less an idea that exists collectively in all of humanity that will develop them throughout their lives.
they are something that exists in humanity and are projected by humans through perception(archetypes are normally without any size or shape,do to being ideas that are like always,non-physical,non-spatial,non-temporal,you can only ''shape them''in a projection,but you cannot totally bring an archetype totally, because it is something immutable in the human psyche,because it will always exist in them)

In summary, the Jungian archetypes are basically universal ideas that have always existed in human psychology, normally these archetypes exist in the collective unconsciousness.
the same collective unconsciousness exist beyond space and time in all forms(because the archetype of ''mother''exist in not only your mother,but every mother in the past and the future,because the archetype of the same can be shaped in the perceptions of people)
My god, I would literally need a psychology graduate to explain this, because this is a bit confusing.

but in general, the scaling of tier 0 comes from the fact that, according to jung, archetypes and collective unconsciousness exist beyond any category of space-time and numbers(do to being the matrix of metaphysics,which included numbers,paradox,mathematics,and well,practically anything invented by humanity)
And you ask yourself, what the hell does all this have to do with sonic? Well, apparently a lot, since sonic is connected to Nights, which is practically 100% based on the psychology of carl jung and other psychologists.

and you will say, friend, you read all that text, to explain everything to me, and I will tell you, that it was a pain, for the next time I use the stolp version of csap.
which is shorter but also less brain pain(it is like 1-High A or something,still the same result)

Last edited:
4-A Base Cast will require my untimely demise.

Most of the previous revisions on it ranged from bad to badly decent so I wouldn't be surprised if a strong and well-supported thread changes my mind
I have the base cast at 3-B, myself. Waiting for Prime to finish before fully accepting Sonic surviving a multiverse to the face as solid, just in case later statements indicate it isn't

Last edited:
I feel Sonic's perception is a combination of the internet + VS stuff. VS stuff is people unwilling to give anything a chance unless it benefits them in some way and already aligns with their mentality, and internet stuff is people throwing hate towards something because it's the cool thing to do, in a sense.

I feel Sonic's perception is a combination of the internet + VS stuff. VS stuff is people unwilling to give anything a chance unless it benefits them in some way and already aligns with their mentality, and internet stuff is people throwing hate towards something because it's the cool thing to do, in a sense.
it always internet more than vs stuff,you know how many people know sonic because of other things,apart from vs things.
really,now that i think about it,still remembering death battle and his sonic battles,seriosly,they downplay sonic,even archie sonic was a bit downplayed(and wally alittle to buffed to much)

Question to the Sonic Scholars of the thread; Which character do you think benefits most from the multi-media approach (Games, IDW, Prime) that the franchise is taking with the main verse?

Sonic himself can't be your answer, that's too on-the-nose. For me, I'd probably say Amy due to the justice given to her throughout much of IDW. It solidified her status as an enjoyable character whose goals don't always have to center around Sonic to work well, and I hope that doesn't get backpedaled. She was kinda meh in Frontiers tho

Question to the Sonic Scholars of the thread; Which character do you think benefits most from the multi-media approach (Games, IDW, Prime) that the franchise is taking with the main verse?

Sonic himself can't be your answer, that's too on-the-nose. For me, I'd probably say Amy due to the justice given to her throughout much of IDW. It solidified her status as an enjoyable character whose goals don't always have to center around Sonic to work well, and I hope that doesn't get backpedaled. She was kinda meh in Frontiers tho
I think that Amy should have more development, now that it's starting to show that she's really a good person and not a crazy Sonic fan.
In fact, now that I think about it, she's been over 30 years old and they've never given her the love she deserves until certain stories.

In terms of powerscaling: Metal.

In terms of characterization? Either Eggman or Knuckles. The side-media allowed Knuckles to finally be badass again, and post MV Eggman is pretty based, especially when he killed Starline

In terms of powerscaling: Metal.

In terms of characterization? Either Eggman or Knuckles. The side-media allowed Knuckles to finally be badass again, and post MV Eggman is pretty based, especially when he killed Starline
My thoughts exactly tbh. Honourable mention to Rouge who works with Shadow and Omega as Team Dark in the games, rarely works with them in the IDW comics (where Team Dark is barely a thing anymore) but is quick to work with others and is now a member of Team Heroes in Prime (yes I consider Amy a core member alongside Knux, Tails and Sonic plus she can tag out with Knux when guardian duties take top priority).

This shared universe (even with lore experts) is either going to somehow work like a charm or cause a continuity crash and there's no middle ground.

My thoughts exactly tbh. Honourable mention to Rouge who works with Shadow and Omega as Team Dark in the games, rarely works with them in the IDW comics (where Team Dark is barely a thing anymore) but is quick to work with others and is now a member of Team Heroes in Prime (yes I consider Amy a core member alongside Knux, Tails and Sonic plus she can tag out with Knux when guardian duties take top priority).

This shared universe (even with lore experts) is either going to somehow work like a charm or cause a continuity crash and there's no middle ground.
or like cyberpunk edgerunners will say''there is no in between''

(yes I consider Amy a core member alongside Knux, Tails and Sonic plus she can tag out with Knux when guardian duties take top priority).
I think Frontiers really only solidified this viewpoint tbh. The fandom dubbed "Core Four" is a term I think is pretty fitting and even picked up by Ian, especially if Update 3 of Frontiers has all three as playable. Fingers crossed!

Silver was good used in idw

I thought that Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles were already established as the core heroes

Back