• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Any contradictions to the games get eliminated
Yes, even Ian admitted that if there were any contradictions the games would take priority. He had a tier list of "canonicity" before on one of his Q&A and the Games were at the top, then some Japanese promotional material recently alongside IDW and a lot of other stuff. Finally, older promotional material could be used if they hadn't been retconned.

So does anyone here find that leveling up in Sonic Frontiers can kinda break the game? When you level up to a certain threshold, like say over level 25+ or whatever, so many of the common enemies and mini bosses fall like a stack of dominos. Titans are a little more beefy but I've seen people beat them in only a couple minutes after leveling up so much, this game definitely needed some sort of scaler to make enemies more tough to compensate for being much stronger

I don't personally buy them growing over time, so, I'm fine with that.
But how is that even possible my dude? We have numerous examples across the franchise.

- Advance 2, where they cast has defeated all the bosses before doing it AGAIN and in a row during the Boss Rush. In half the hits for each boss.

- Battle, where we get comments like Rouge stating Sonic has gotten much stronger and Sonic noting something similar for Amy. Hell, the entire premise of the game revolves around training and the cast getting stronger.

- Forces, the most blatant display of Sonic's power growth, where Infinite side-steps his Boost and ***** on him. Only for the exact opposite to be proven true, multiple times, and with a final boss that's stated to surpass even Infinite. No problems for Sonic there, though.

- Now Frontiers, where Sonic becomes an RPG character and gets 3.7x stronger (or maybe it was 3.2x) from Lvl 1 Atk to Lvl 99 Atk.

- This isn't even including the myriad of statements across manuals from several games that repeatedly state that Sonic (sometimes Shadow and some others) are at their new peak. That includes Rivals, Rivals 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, and 06 off the top of my head.

TL;DR - To say that these characters have failed to grown in strength at all across the franchise seems absurd to me, with all due respect, because of all the statements and showings that solidify proof for otherwise.

Last edited:
You don't have to tell me, just tell me why we don't talk about zastando
Well I was pulling a Voldemort joke but the jist of it is that the CRTs he made was obnoxiously formatted/poorly formatted, as well as attempting to circumvent several banned accounts by the use of sockpuppets.

This is random, but, would it be alright if I asked about some of Sonic's resistances listed on VS Battles? I was hoping someone would be willing to inform me more on how they work, in a sense, and how Sonic has them.

So haven’t seen sonics profile or don’t know if it even has been updated (don’t care to check). But sonic does keep his cyber related power ups and gets rid of the side effect of being in intense pain in the last 1/5 of the game.
maybe that should be taken into account if not already.

And super sonic also gets the same benefits as he has those same cyber related moves base sonic gets.

BTW, by the power ups, I don’t mean the skill tree, I mean the actual moves he gets when he absorbs the cage amy, knuckles and tails are in, which is story relevant. Even sonic says he gets a boost.

He called plenty of stuff game mechanics tbf. He said any abillity that only showed up in one game isn't canon and was only there for gameplay flair, didn't he? Besides, can you show me where he said that?

yes we already know that, but that does not mean that this should be the same

Back