• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You know it has been a hot minute since I've played Sonic Unleashed but there's something that's kinda bugged me:
So according to the Gaia Manuscripts in game, Sonic's world has been part of a millions of year long cycle where the world would be broken apart and restored due to Dark Gaia and Light Gaia. And as far as what was shown we see that the way the world be brought together is through the Gaia Temples, which use the Emeralds to bring all the pieces back together and this has been going on for millions of years. But wouldn't the Emeralds' part in the cycle be retconned if the Emeralds originated from the Ancients?

But wouldn't the Emeralds' part in the cycle be retconned if the Emeralds originated from the Ancients?
My guess is that, just as Dark Gaia would have awakened on its own without Dr. Eggman, Light Gaia had a way to restore the planet without the help of the Emeralds. The only logical conclusion if we wanna fit both pieces together is that the Gaia Temples would somehow be altered to accommodate the gems after the Ancients were gone, likely streamlining the process further than whatever method Light Gaia used prior.

That's a pretty reasonable explanation IMO, it also does explain why the Gaia Temples were built in mind utilizing the Chaos Emeralds if ancestors of Sonic's world discovered remnants of the Ancients' containment technology and modeled the Temples after that.
My own explanation was perhaps that they utilized the Master Emerald since Frontiers showed that the ME wasn't always under the guardianship of the Echidnas but since the ME isn't mentioned in Unleashed it's a lot less likely

You know it has been a hot minute since I've played Sonic Unleashed but there's something that's kinda bugged me:
So according to the Gaia Manuscripts in game, Sonic's world has been part of a millions of year long cycle where the world would be broken apart and restored due to Dark Gaia and Light Gaia. And as far as what was shown we see that the way the world be brought together is through the Gaia Temples, which use the Emeralds to bring all the pieces back together and this has been going on for millions of years. But wouldn't the Emeralds' part in the cycle be retconned if the Emeralds originated from the Ancients?
I think so.

And as far as what was shown we see that the way the world be brought together is through the Gaia Temples, which use the Emeralds to bring all the pieces back together and this has been going on for millions of years.
Light Gaia is the one who does it. The emeralds only help him. We see this in game when Dark Gaia stops a continent from moving down. Ian elaborated on this in the Bumblekast, pretty much saying people had to built the temples first

Destroying Sonic's world should be at least a bigger feat than just planetary, considering that that same planet can power a chaos emerald.

Light Gaia is the one who does it. The emeralds only help him. We see this in game when Dark Gaia stops a continent from moving down. Ian elaborated on this in the Bumblekast, pretty much saying people had to built the temples first.
Ah so before the Emeralds, Light Gaia would just do it himself. I guess it wouldn't make sense for the light half of Dark Gaia to not be able to pull the planet back together without assistance

Curious about something.

“Boss: Merlina the Wizard. The witch who wanted to freeze time throughout the universe to stop the end of King Arthur and his knights and cause their lives to exist forever.”

This is a quote used on Merlina’s page, claim is that it comes from the encyclospeedia but, I couldn’t find it. Where does it come from?

Curious about something.

“Boss: Merlina the Wizard. The witch who wanted to freeze time throughout the universe to stop the end of King Arthur and his knights and cause their lives to exist forever.”

This is a quote used on Merlina’s page, claim is that it comes from the encyclospeedia but, I couldn’t find it. Where does it come from?
The relevant scan is in her AP section. Which is from page 210 as referenced. But incase it isn't as legible as liked, I took a more clear shot

I know, but this specific quote is nowhere to be found.
It explicitly mentioned universe so, I thought it would be good support for smthn I’m trying to do.

I know, but this specific quote is nowhere to be found.
It explicitly mentioned universe so, I thought it would be good support for smthn I’m trying to do.
That exact quote isn't in the encyclopedia afaik, dunno where Elixir got it from, he was the one who put it in.

She wanted to freeze time across the Kingdom of Camelot, which was the book that represents the universe. Like we see in Secret Rings

She wanted to freeze time across the Kingdom of Camelot, which was the book that represents the universe. Like we see in Secret Rings
I know, I just wanted to know where the specific quote came from, since it’s the only thing regarding Camelot explicitly calling it a universe.

The End's monolouge sound like the speech of a villain trying to be the "True evil"

"Mortal, you have served your purpose. Now face your End. I am the all-consuming void. What can one mote of golden light illuminate within the abyss? Countless stars. Countless Worlds. Countless lives. All fell to me, all brought to nothing. All the teeming chaos of creation? Brought to order. To neutrality. To nothing. I saw your mind as you ran through my prison. You have fought machines and gods. They were mighty? They were finite, I am infinite. I am Nothing. You struggle as so many have done before. You will be consumed like all those before you. I saw your mind. Your courage never wavered. Why? Arrogance? Ignorance? Stupidity? I was contained once; Once. Is that why? My captors bent time and space. My captors built a whole reality to contain me. My captors burn their souls away to fuel their engines. And you? You glitter; you fly about me like a gnat. I am inevitable, I cannot be denied. You strike this incarnation with all your might. It changes nothing. You are not brave, you are not victorious. No matter what form I take.... The End comes for you all!"

This proves I was right about The End representing death/entropy.
Not Nonexistent Physiology?
images

Windii released the translation of Kishimoto's Japanese script for Sonic Frontiers

Finishing this I really noticed how much exposition Kishimoto added, but that took place of much of the emotional dialogue that Ian made.

Not a big fan of the compromise, on my opinion maybe they could have made more Egg Memos if they wanted to give more exposition.

Also, why is the Japanese version making such big deal of transcending causality ? 😆

Is Sonic in Japan considered unpopular enough to not have any of the references to past games? Like I understand that Frontiers was Kishimoto's way of giving Sonic an audience in Japan on par with SA2 but I figured some people would've remembered the past games

Is Sonic in Japan considered unpopular enough to not have any of the references to past games? Like I understand that Frontiers was Kishimoto's way of giving Sonic an audience in Japan on par with SA2 but I figured some people would've remembered the past games
I thought about that and some Japanese Sonic fans also thought about that, but I don't think is the case. There are still references to previous games in Kishimoto's script from all kinds of games, although some of them weren't as direct (Like the references to Unleashed and Forces), I don't think that the reason is that fans might not know about those games (Forces is one of the most recent games for example).

I think that it was just Kishimoto pushing for his own exposition, he wanted to tell something else because he felt a different detail was necessary and he took some of the references to talk about that, as not only references were removed, but also some of the more emotional dialogue in place of exposition and more "vague/direct" lines that Kishimoto wanted to do.

You'd think that SEGA would grasp the concept that rushing games hasn't always work out for them so why do they insist on giving Sonic Team time restrictions? I feel like if they were given another year, it would've worked out in the end more for them

The rushed part of the latter half has been confirmed by Kishimoto himself, I wonder if the Updates will try to fix some of that stuff.

It was also been hypothesised by other people. Kronos is one island split in 3 as the 5th island fits within the first island.

and the last titan is a re-skinned Giganto that is unfinished, literally having the same swipe attack.

Also files of voice acting where Sage and sonic were supposed to be inside one of the ancients space ship.

Last edited:
Talking about this, kind of funny how that statement about Master Emerald is only mentioned on Rivals and nowhere else...

I remember that the development of Rivals was confusing alongside Rush and 06 with neither team knowing what was the real lore and they each thinking it was something else (Rivals team thought that Eggman Nega was from Blaze's dimension while for the Rush/Japanse side they thought Nega was from the future). Kind of makes sense that there was a big confusion that Rivals was a non-canon game according to SEGA, but it seems that now it has been restored to the canon.

Still confusing about the Master Emerald existing as a single thing across all of time and space because... did it shatther across all space-time during Adventure and 02? Or is that only if something changes the very nature of the Emerald (Like turning it into something else) and shattering doesn't count...

I know of some games that had DLC that weren’t extensions of the story, but actually the story being redone to portray the story correctly.

I could see that being done here.

Could benefit the titans and the end more, and would solidify their tiers even more.

Back