• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Don't say it like that, otherwise we'll have to downgrade Eggman's intelligance!
But there's even more lol Because the Otherworldly Comedy's entire premise is "No matter how the world changes, we are who we are and we'll never change", I guess if SEGA had the Phantom Ruby instead of Eggman, they would have succeeded. In fact, who can't say this all is a Phantom Ruby illusion? lol

I do wonder why SEGA even wanted to rewrite the Sonic Generations portion of the game to begin with.

I mean unless they're going to tie in to what happens in Shadow Generations, it seems unnecessary to rewrite small portions of Sonic Generations instead of just completely focusing on Shadow Generations

I really don't like some of Sonic's line reads. I don't feel they sound good, myself.

Some people could justify this by explaining how Ian Flynn is actually Roger Craig Smith in disguise though or some shit, i guess

The one cutscene I've seen of Tails, he sounded nice. But, Sonic doesn't, for some reason. It may partially be me preferring the seemingly deeper, less constant energy direction of Sonic's voice in Frontiers, but even besides that, the ways the some lines are said just aren't sitting well, unfortunately.

So not only did they rewrite some of the dialogue in Sonic Generations, they actually went a step further and reanimated some scenes.

As an example: you guys know the scene where Sonic is holding back Amy while talking to Tails? Well, in this game, the scene has Amy just holding a plate of cupcakes while Sonic is talking to Tails.

They seemed to off obliterated her obsession with Sonic in Amy's character profile and brought up her Fortune Cards again. Some Amy fans might not like that lol
Seriously......what Obsession? It was only there for like, 1 game......why does everyone wants to keep that flanderized aspect in her?

The one cutscene I've seen of Tails, he sounded nice. But, Sonic doesn't, for some reason. It may partially be me preferring the seemingly deeper, less constant energy direction of Sonic's voice in Frontiers, but even besides that, the ways the some lines are said just aren't sitting well, unfortunately.
Every tone for Modern Roger Sonic, after Frotiers fave us peak, sounds bad

So not only did they rewrite some of the dialogue in Sonic Generations, they actually went a step further and reanimated some scenes.

As an example: you guys know the scene where Sonic is holding back Amy while talking to Tails? Well, in this game, the scene has Amy just holding a plate of cupcakes while Sonic is talking to Tails.
this is a good chance

This is so ASS.

Huh, I know a lot of Amy fans (Well, spefically the super hardcore SonAmy shippers) were mad about the original because Sonic holding her back was apparently too mean spirited so I guess Sonic Team caved into their complaints? I don't care about the other changes I've seen and heard about, my only real complaint is that Sonic Team didn't bother changing the animations for most of the rewrites so it comes off as clunkly, but this one is bizzare because the original was just a gag about Sonic stopping Amy from hugging him.

We must have different definitions of the word then, and/or different interpretations of the games' events
At most we have stuff like, Heroes where she makes a comeback joke from the one she made to Sonic in Adventure 2.........outside of that, only Battle is she obssesed........i legit believe this "obssession" thing with Amy is a Mandela effect

I dunno why it’s so hard for Ian or SEGA to get that Amy having an obsession for Sonic wasn’t a problem, it was the fact that some games portrayed it in an almost stalker type way. Now Amy is just a generic girl with almost no personality beyond being nice and helpful

I do adore the voice acting of Sonic Frontiers. I feel it has some of the best voice acting in the franchise so far, personally.
My only issue with it at all, is that I do think Knuckles sounds better in the Frontiers Prologue than the game itself, but that's nothing to "blame" on the voice actor.

Oh also got spoiled on the final boss for the Shadow stuff because Sonic fans on twitter love to just post that shit for all to see, which sucked but hey spoilers below that I will actually spoiler tag unlike users on muskrats app:

Yeah it's peak, Devil Doom is the final boss and even has a extra form (Not too different tbh) called Neo Devil Doom and base Shadow beats him. All Hail Shadow plays when Shadow starts winning and Shadow actually seems to break through Dooms Chaos Control at the very end of the fight. Unfortuently, and I'm not entirely sure, but it does seem to be implied Shadow loses his new powers after murking doom? It's never explictly said so that's why I'm unsure but after Doom is killed Shadow goes back to White Space and suddenly gets a headache with a weird echo effect as his wings suddenly, seemingly involuntarily, disappear.

Also damn the ending tugged at my heart strings. It's kinda going for the same thing Shadow the Hedgehog 2005 did but it's handled way better here imo (Helped by the fact that what I've seen of the game is miles better than Shadow 05)

Oh also got spoiled on the final boss for the Shadow stuff because Sonic fans on twitter love to just post that shit for all to see, which sucked but hey spoilers below that I will actually spoiler tag unlike users on muskrats app:

Yeah it's peak, Devil Doom is the final boss and even has a extra form (Not too different tbh) called Neo Devil Doom and base Shadow beats him. All Hail Shadow plays when Shadow starts winning and Shadow actually seems to break through Dooms Chaos Control at the very end of the fight. Unfortuently, and I'm not entirely sure, but it does seem to be implied Shadow loses his new powers after murking doom? It's never explictly said so that's why I'm unsure but after Doom is killed Shadow goes back to White Space and suddenly gets a headache with a weird echo effect as his wings suddenly, seemingly involuntarily, disappear.

Also damn the ending tugged at my heart strings. It's kinda going for the same thing Shadow the Hedgehog 2005 did but it's handled way better here imo (Helped by the fact that what I've seen of the game is miles better than Shadow 05)
It’s not base Shadow. Once Shadow completes his Doom Powers after getting Doom Wing, it's implied he achieves a pseudo super form.

Roger’s voice in Frontiers isn’t really consistent, he does the deep voice thing in the beginning and then sounds more like he did in prior games as he gets more corrupted, feels like it should be reversed

Well it looks like base Sonic characters weren't nerfed after all.

So bad news, gentlemen: there is no Shadow vs Sonic battle from Shadow's perspective. But there is two things that I noticed.

The cutscene where they fight implies that Shadow can use his Doom Powers still, but he didn't use them because he wanted Sonic on "equal terms" or so he explains to Rogue when she asks how he lost to Sonic. And, most interestingly enough, the Chaos Emerald Sonic got from Shadow was actually a fake Emerald which Shadow swiped for Sonic to gnab while he kept the real one.

So bad news, gentlemen: there is no Shadow vs Sonic battle from Shadow's perspective. But there is two things that I noticed.

The cutscene where they fight implies that Shadow can use his Doom Powers still, but he didn't use them because he wanted Sonic on "equal terms" or so he explains to Rogue when she asks how he lost to Sonic. And, most interestingly enough, the Chaos Emerald Sonic got from Shadow was actually a fake Emerald which Shadow swiped for Sonic to gnab while he kept the real one.
1) That's interesting, because from what I've seen and heard about the cutscene has been the implication that Shadow had to RESIST using his powers, which ending up giving Sonic that victory.

2) Wait, what? Didn't the Fake Emerald cause problems in SA2? ALSO, this implies that Fake Emeralds can be used perfectly fine in conjunction with the rest without causing issues, which is absolutely crazy to me.

1) That's interesting, because from what I've seen and heard about the cutscene has been the implication that Shadow had to RESIST using his powers, which ending up giving Sonic that victory.

2) Wait, what? Didn't the Fake Emerald cause problems in SA2? ALSO, this implies that Fake Emeralds can be used perfectly fine in conjunction with the rest without causing issues, which is absolutely crazy to me.
Rouge is supposed to switch the fake emerald for the real one without Sonic knowing (stealth mastery feat for her btw).

1. Yeah, but this happens before the ending of Shadow Generations. The game seems to end with Shadow not having access to his Doom Powers, or at the very least the fight against Black Doom made him tired and he was forcefully expelled out of his Doom Wings form.

2. That's right. Though Rouge ends up swapping the fake emerald for the real emerald after Shadow beats Black Doom so it's a moot point.

Back