• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also lowkey I like the tier 6 to 5 ratings we have for a lot of the characters anyway, fits the setting while allowing a select few get into the cosmic stuff.
This is how I felt about IDW on this site until it was made canon. It had a fuckton of Tier 8-7, High Hypersonic+ - Relativistic, Class K - M feats for the Base cast and had the fun premise of "Game Sonic but a lower tier". It also gave the people who hate a high tier Sonic more wiggle room.

Genuinely a fun period of the wiki, it's almost too bad they canonized it.

So the characters that appear this far in Shadow's White Space are: Omega, Cubot and Orbot, Maria and Gerald Robotnik, and, for some unknown reason, Big the Cat. That was a shock to me, but it's a welcome surprise, I guess.
The only thing keeping Generations from being a 10/10 was the lack of Big so I'm glad they've brought back the GOAT

Also: Shadow Generations highlights one of my major complaints with Sonic Generations, but it's not a massive deal breaker to my enjoyment still. So Shadow Generations is divided by two stages per level, where Act 1 is purely 3D while Act 2 is purely 2D. And it made me realize that, quite simply, Sonic Generations should've been structured like that.

Have Classic Sonic be purely 2D while Modern Sonic was purely 3D without any of the 2D sections. And I suppose you could argue that they wanted to remain consistent with Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors, but I always felt that it was incredibly redundant for Modern Sonic to have 2D sections in his levels when they already had a character who completely specialized in 2D.
Yeah at the time given it was all still based on the Unleashed version of the engine they couldn't really do full 3D when compared to now where they can have a lot more freedom and movement due to their new gameplay style with Frontiers, still would've been nice if the base game was originally split like that as well but as you said not a dealbreaker.

Although the 3DS version was worse with it since modern Sonic was fully 2D as well. I liked SomecallmeJohnny's review of that version where he made a comment of "Not a fan of 2D Sonic? Well how about a faster 2D Sonic"

I beg to differ but Zelda scaling here is something else (This comes from someone who doesn't even scale Zelda nor likes the verse btw)
Ain't our fault Nintendo ain't giving us much to work with lmao, only once in a blue moon do they give us stuff like Majora making a dimension or Ganon moving the moon

This is how I felt about IDW on this site until it was made canon. It had a fuckton of Tier 8-7, High Hypersonic+ - Relativistic, Class K - M feats for the Base cast and had the fun premise of "Game Sonic but a lower tier". It also gave the people who hate a high tier Sonic more wiggle room.

Genuinely a fun period of the wiki, it's almost too bad they canonized it.
Yeah I liked the lower end stuff they were giving in the comics (Although stuff like Silver sweating just to move furniture with his physic powers was a bit much lol), would've been nice for it to be it's own seperate canon so we can have tier 7 matches for the cast but alas.

But then again Infinite speed Surge via game scaling is kinda peak ngl.

Yeah Silver struggling to move furniture and then going on to move a mountain just to show Mimic (as Duo) was a very sobering realization that we are now a step below capeshitters in terms of the good ol' comics PIS lolololol

I'm ngl I so desperately wished we weren't Tier 2 sometimes because 2-C Rough & Tumble is gonna be a damn joke ☠ Enjoy, 4channers and Redditors

Yeah Silver struggling to move furniture and then going on to move a mountain just to show Mimic (as Duo) was a very sobering realization that we are now a step below capeshitters in terms of the good ol' comics PIS lolololol

I'm ngl I so desperately wished we weren't Tier 2 sometimes because 2-C Rough & Tumble is gonna be a damn joke ☠ Enjoy, 4channers and Redditors
Someone make that Vegeta "how can they be so strong, this be this just a [adjective]" meme but for Rough & Tumble.

I liked SomecallmeJohnny's review of that version where he made a comment of "Not a fan of 2D Sonic? Well how about a faster 2D Sonic
Me when I see someone reference SomecallmeJohnny out in the open:

Yeah at the time given it was all still based on the Unleashed version of the engine they couldn't really do full 3D when compared to now where they can have a lot more freedom and movement due to their new gameplay style with Frontiers, still would've been nice if the base game was originally split like that as well but as you said not a dealbreaker.
I think what I disliked the most about SEGA's overeliance on 2D in boost games is by the time of Generations, when they had enough time to refine and see what makes good 3D level design, they should've just forsaken the 2D sections in boost games entirely and leave it in Classic Sonic games.

ESPECIALLY in Sonic Frontiers, it's one of the reasons why I hate Chaos Island so much.

Someone make that Vegeta "how can they be so strong, this be this just a [adjective]" meme but for Rough & Tumble.
PQ6Nj3g.png

On a wiki-matters note, I'm excited for Shadow Gens to come out because then I can finally start revising characters again after the CRT for his game.

I've got about 5 separate character pages practically ready to go. I can hardly wait for you all to see it

Yeah but DBS multipliers and scaling chain just well... exist
Ah but you see, Sonic's verse has the ultimate cop-out to mitigate AP disadvantages.

Jokes aside, Rings are legit one of the most useful things for the verse because it allows for a second and third and fourth (and maybe a fifth, sixth, and seventh) chance to avoid a one-shot. Thank you, Frontiers.

Also, the 2-Cs would be Infinite in speed and would require equalization. Which then brings the issue that Game Sonic characters typically have a "blitz who blitzed you" speed amp in their moveset (though this is countered by starting the DB character in a lower form and allowing a higher form, so they have their own cheat codes).

What's insane is that if the 2-C upgrades end up passing, and I have no doubt they will, Sonic characters will literally be equal with ToP and above level Dragon Ball characters.

I remember a long ass time ago when Super Sonic was 4-A on this site IIRC, oh how the times have changed.
Dbs is 6, Sonic will be 12

I always told everyone that way before Frontiers but no one believed me 😭😭😭
I admit this 100%, I was a Ring Denier. Though in fairness, I conceded the literal millisecond Final Horizon showed that raw af Beerus death ball homage cutscene.

For the record though, a large part was not knowing what hax it even was. It was only when lazily browsing through the P&A list and choosing Damage Transferal that I realized the description fit it perfectly. And maybe Rings would be a better-used example on the page but that's just imo

So Eggman states that with the Time Eater at his and his past self's beckoning, all of time itself is theirs to do with as they please. He also states that the Time Eater was going to erase the timeline in order for him to reshape it completely so that's neato.

Ultra ego Vegeta: Please Cream the rabbit I need this victory… I’m kind of a jobber in my verse.

2c, infinite speed Cream with equal lifting strength and one ring:
ishowspeed-reverse-smile-ishowspeed-confused.gif
You are foul for this and I should not have laughed as hard as I did

Also let's not start to antagonize with the timeline thing, we took the piss and I'm sure this will pop up more in the future with people who are genuine. Let's not take it farther

So the characters that appear this far in Shadow's White Space are: Omega, Cubot and Orbot, Maria and Gerald Robotnik, and, for some unknown reason, Big the Cat. That was a shock to me, but it's a welcome surprise, I guess.

Also: Shadow Generations highlights one of my major complaints with Sonic Generations, but it's not a massive deal breaker to my enjoyment still. So Shadow Generations is divided by two stages per level, where Act 1 is purely 3D while Act 2 is purely 2D. And it made me realize that, quite simply, Sonic Generations should've been structured like that.

Have Classic Sonic be purely 2D while Modern Sonic was purely 3D without any of the 2D sections. And I suppose you could argue that they wanted to remain consistent with Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors, but I always felt that it was incredibly redundant for Modern Sonic to have 2D sections in his levels when they already had a character who completely specialized in 2D.
I know this is very "make good game, developers", but, I'm genuinely curious why Unleashed and Generations didn't have their 2D sections play like Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure?

Back