• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sonic fans never stop to surprise me, they actually started to pin Ian on twitter while discussing the leaks and using that to criticize his work (Even though they didn't play it so they don't know the context, or even what he had to work with). The same day Pokémon had 1 terabyte of leaked information and I have seen Pokémon fans also doing stupid things, why can't those fanbases be "more normal" to how they react to this stuff.

Sonic fans never stop to surprise me, they actually started to pin Ian on twitter while discussing the leaks and using that to criticize his work (Even though they didn't play it so they don't know the context, or even what he had to work with). The same day Pokémon had 1 terabyte of leaked information and I have seen Pokémon fans also doing stupid things, why can't those fanbases be "more normal" to how they react to this stuff.
Pinging Ian on leak posts then criticizing him, talk about audacity

something more sensible to do will be like the FNAF fandom, don't look at the leaks

How does these leaks even keep happening? Does someone in the company rat all that stuff out?
Depends on the nature. Some of them are leaked due to reviewers not keeping their stuff in secret and breaking NDAs. The SXSG was leaked due to that, a reviewer that decided to share on a twitter account (He even said that he was not showing everything because he wanted them to not find who he was and keep the reviewer copies in the future).

The Pokémon leak was an actual hacker attack, someone was able to steal the data of a higher-up on the company and used that to steal 1tb of data.

Depends on the nature. Some of them are leaked due to reviewers not keeping their stuff in secret and breaking NDAs. The SXSG was leaked due to that, a reviewer that decided to share on a twitter account (He even said that he was not showing everything because he wanted them to not find who he was and keep the reviewer copies in the future).

The Pokémon leak was an actual hacker attack, someone was able to steal the data of a higher-up on the company and used that to steal 1tb of data.
People care about pokemon even thought the quality of the games is, not very good

You know what I find to be frustrating when it comes to asking Ian power scaling related questions? It's that these people think that Ian Flynn is only good for wanking Sonic and Co to a certain level instead of, you know, being one of the writers for the comics and video games that can be used to get insight into the personalities and interests of our favorite characters.

Like how stupid is it that we can directly communicate with a writer of the series and instead of using such a source to gain insight or perspectives on the series, we'd rather harass and bother him over vs brain rot related shit?

"Man I could ask Ian what Team Dark gets up too when not on missions, what each Sonic characters favourite holiday is... nah actually I wanna ask if Chaos Control does it's space-time warping by altering the very concepts of the multiverse and then ask if the multiverse is a infinite dimensional archtype."
That was unironically a question asked btw

Unironically my only “powerscaling” question was just asking how much stronger Super Scourge is from Super Sonic because Base Scourge is like, Double Sonic (beat Sonic and Shadow at once, matching their combined force), and Sonic verbatim says Anarchy Beryl provides stronger, longer lasting forms in exchange for the debuff factor. Combining those two small multipliers, by all logic Super Scourge should be at least somewhat significantly above Super Sonic.

And it was mostly due to wondering how Super Scourge stacks up to Dark Enerjak, since the whole Timeline’s kickoff point was Enerjak beating Super Sonic before he gained full control over the Chaos Force, and Super Scourge is the opposite superior being (in my opinion the strongest Super within Archie*) and as such I was curious as to their conflict in Moebius and how that would pan out, narratively.

*Master Mogul, Titan Tails, Chaos Knuckles, Dark Enerjak, etc. are not “Super” Tier characters (in my opinion). Their strength sits in a bracket beyond that encompassing the whole Chaos Force, so I’m not counting characters of that variety when I make that claim.

"Man I could ask Ian what Team Dark gets up too when not on missions, what each Sonic characters favourite holiday is... nah actually I wanna ask if Chaos Control does it's space-time warping by altering the very concepts of the multiverse and then ask if the multiverse is a infinite dimensional archtype."
I feel so ashamed I used to do that kind of thing.

But to be honest Sonic is better than Pokemon
thor-is-it-though.jpg

Like others have said don't think we have much room to talk about the quality of Pokemon, throwing stones in a glass house and all that even if recently we've been eating good.

I'm gonna be honest, that's still an utterly waste of money as much as the powerscaling questions.

This is crazy, base game Sonic Generations already had a pretty substainsal amount of alt routes and yet Shadow's portion of the game is gonna have the most of any Sonic game, not just 3D but any. Crazy.

But to be honest Sonic is better than Pokemon
They both suck, but Pokemon generally sucks in a "low effort corporate cashgrab" kind of way while Sonic is in more of a "we have no idea how to give our fans what they want" kind of way. I'm obviously being hyperbolic when I say they suck because they're two of my favorite series. I absolutely still love both. At their peak, they're just absolutely spectacular.

They both suck, but Pokemon generally sucks in a "low effort corporate cashgrab" kind of way while Sonic is in more of a "we have no idea how to give our fans what they want" kind of way. I'm obviously being hyperbolic when I say they suck because they're two of my favorite series. I absolutely still love both. At their peak, they're just absolutely spectacular.
I've been saying this recently, but Sonic's biggest problem as a series right now is that fans have too much control and influence over the series right now. The series is at a good enough spot right now, and Year of Shadow has been fantastic, but the fans just have too much control that can be abused really easily.

Back