• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is supposed to be Sonic's game and a celebration of his history until now, especially cause he's the main character of the series.

Just because Shadow and his history got attached to it like an undesired tumor isn't an excuse to downplay Sonic in his game.
Again, they only Buffed Shadow, which is not a problem, IF AT LEAST SONIC WAS ABLE TO BEAT HIM EVEN AFTER ALL HIS BUFFS

HE ALREADY GOT WINS IN EVERY MEDIA, let Sonic be superior at least in its own media
I mean to be completely honest with you: Sonic and Shadow tend to either be tied up in most media or Sonic gets a win over Shadow. Hell even in Shadow's debut game, Sonic Adventure 2, he ends up losing to Sonic by the near end of the game. So I may be glazing the edgehog, but it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy seeing it when it happens.

Considering that this game is so closely tied to Shadow 2005, a game where Shadow also beat Sonic, I don’t mind. It’s better than “Cowards run”

I mean to be completely honest with you: Sonic and Shadow tend to either be tied up in most media or Sonic gets a win over Shadow. Hell even in Shadow's debut game, Sonic Adventure 2, he ends up losing to Sonic by the near end of the game. So I may be glazing the edgehog, but it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy seeing it when it happens.
"Most media"
Shadow defeats Sonic in boom, in X, in Archie (not inhibitor rings)and in the new movie.

"Most media"
Shadow defeats Sonic in boom, in X, in Archie (not inhibitor rings)and in the new movie.
So four pieces of media? Okay then...every other instance, they're treated as comparative rivals or Sonic outright beats him. And it's interesting that those wins came from alternate continuities and not the mainline canon itself.

Hm... Is the Phantom Ruby responsible for the entirety of Sonic Forces Speed Battle? Characters spawning in are represented by the Phantom Ruby's visual effects, as well as characters dissapearing when finishing a race

"Terios is like a completely new character". I would love if they actually made it a new character, maybe a transformation or body created by Black Doom to fight against Shadow on common ground, it would be cool.

I read the interview about Mephiles, he does say it's more of a guest than someone heavily involved in the story, but still says that saying that is a bit misleading, as Mephiles is a character that could only appear in Generations. I hope there's still something more about him in Generations, even if exclusive to his boss stage only.

It's the same interview they talked about Doom Power, he says that Doom Powers were given to Shadow by Black Doom, with a hidden meaning about that. So I think that it'll be unlikely that Shadow will keep these powers when Black Doom is gone.

I mean... If everything in that game is just a Phantom Ruby illusion as Mcfries seems to imply, it would no longer need to be non-canon, since there would no longer be any contradiction... hypothetically speaking.
I was thinking about something like that. We do consider the game non-canon, but there is no statement for that as far as i could find.

You can make a CRT about it if you want. Could be interesting if nothing else. It would make the Phantom Ruby even more haxed, too
I mean, this is just my opinion. It would be sort of consistent on how Super forms powered by the Phantom Ruby are far more energy draining (Light Man Eggman's stamina issues, Super Forms in game requiring 80 rings and lasting barely 10 seconds if you can get rings along the way)

I mean, this is just my opinion. It would be sort of consistent on how Super forms powered by the Phantom Ruby are far more energy draining (Light Man Eggman's stamina issues, Super Forms in game requiring 80 rings and lasting barely 10 seconds if you can get rings along the way)
And your opinion might just have some merit, but I can't be sure since I've never played Speed Battle

I have a feeling Ian is gonna try to do as much nerfing as possible with the redub. He's gonna make Time Eater look city level or some shit because it only rips the zones from their place in space-time. IDK...

I have a feeling Ian is gonna try to do as much nerfing as possible with the redub. He's gonna make Time Eater look city level or some shit because it only rips the zones from their place in space-time. IDK...
why i am feeling that he is exactly gonna do this.
also, put some profile picture

This fear always comes up, but have you seen how cracked the characters are because of Sonic Frontiers? Relax. Even if he drops another "Sonic is mach 1" statement into the game, it won't matter. He's not gonna go out of his way to retcon Time Eater's power for no reason.

He's stated multiple times on the BumbleKast that if the opportunity arose,he'd nerf Perfect Chaos in Generations. Metal Overlord will get the same treatment.

He's stated multiple times on the BumbleKast that if the opportunity arose,he'd nerf Perfect Chaos in Generations. Metal Overlord will get the same treatment.
Huh? Nerf how? If it's something like "Perfect Chaos isn't actually using the full power of thr emeralds", that's actually good. One less 1-C outlier, and one more 2-C feat for consistancy. Same as before. Right now, there's actually debate as to whether or not PC should 1-C

Huh? Nerf how? If it's something like "Perfect Chaos isn't actually using the full power of thr emeralds", that's actually good. One less 1-C outlier, and one more 2-C feat for consistancy.
More along the lines of making Sonic say "huh,that Perfect Chaos was nowhere near as strong as the original."

He's stated multiple times on the BumbleKast that if the opportunity arose,he'd nerf Perfect Chaos in Generations.
don't remember him using that desire specifically, he said he doesn't like the concept, he said that Shadow keeping up with MO is in the same "explanation" as him doing so for Perfect Chaos......therefore i don't know about that one

Huh? Nerf how? If it's something like "Perfect Chaos isn't actually using the full power of thr emeralds", that's actually good. One less 1-C outlier, and one more 2-C feat for consistancy. Same as before. Right now, there's actually debate as to whether or not PC should 1-C
he should

don't remember him using that desire specifically, he said he doesn't like the concept, he said that Shadow keeping up with MO is in the same "explanation" as him doing so for Perfect Chaos......therefore i don't know about that one
IIRC he said something about them being lesser time clones or something along those lines.

Back