• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean I doubt Ian is going to do anything like that. However, if I was to worry about "one thing" he'd change, it's Sonic's speed. Specifcally the fact Sonic speed is just so fast it fixes Space and Time. I imagine he'd make it more like hax instead, because that was how he interpreted it when it came down to how it cured the Metal Virus. That's not me putting words in his mouth, either. When asked how Sonic's speed prevented sickness, he replied "Sonic's speed is magic" or something along those lines and used Generations as an example. But again, I doubt he'd make such a decision. Ian hates powerscaling and escalation, but he also loves it in other stories. I think people misconstrue his dislike into active hatred, when in reality it's just the sensible writer dislike of how a character's powers warp the story and force very contrived as well as difficult to write scenarions to maintain stakes and drama (Ex. Gege and his rants on Gojo.)

He doesn't hate spectacle or escalation, he hates having to write around it.

I mean I doubt Ian is going to do anything like that. However, if I was to worry about "one thing" he'd change, it's Sonic's speed. Specifcally the fact Sonic speed is just so fast it fixes Space and Time. I imagine he'd make it more like hax instead, because that was how he interpreted it when it came down to how it cured the Metal Virus. That's not me putting words in his mouth, either. When asked how Sonic's speed prevented sickness, he replied "Sonic's speed is magic" or something along those lines and used Generations as an example. But again, I doubt he'd make such a decision. Ian hates powerscaling and escalation, but he also loves it in other stories. I think people misconstrue his dislike into active hatred, when in reality it's just the sensible writer dislike of how a character's powers warp the story and force very contrived as well as difficult to write scenarions to maintain stakes and drama (Ex. Gege and his rants on Gojo.)

He doesn't hate spectacle or escalation, he hates having to write around it.
Well that is a Skill issue he has, and i HOPE, he does not change it to not make it be part of Sonic

Separating this because of spoilers

Seems like Mephiles is aware of the timeline erasure and wants to return to existence, so he fights against Shadow in hopes of getting back to the existing world... Now I want to make Shadow lose because I want Mephiles back. Anyway, if Mephiles actually is coming back from his erasure from 06, I wouldn't be surprised if they could say that the bosses are not the ones at the time of the games, but "present" from their point of view for the respective era. In that case it could be possible that they could say Perfect Chaos is just present-day chaos that somehow became Perfect due to time distortions, but not the actually empowered by the Chaos Emeralds version.

Huh? Nerf how? If it's something like "Perfect Chaos isn't actually using the full power of thr emeralds", that's actually good. One less 1-C outlier, and one more 2-C feat for consistancy. Same as before. Right now, there's actually debate as to whether or not PC should 1-C
And hey as someone who buys an even level of power P.Chaos not actually being P.Chaos level would work for me too

Seems like Mephiles is aware of the timeline erasure and wants to return to existence, so he fights against Shadow in hopes of getting back to the existing world... Now I want to make Shadow lose because I want Mephiles back. Anyway, if Mephiles actually is coming back from his erasure from 06, I wouldn't be surprised if they could say that the bosses are not the ones at the time of the games, but "present" from their point of view for the respective era. In that case it could be possible that they could say Perfect Chaos is just present-day chaos that somehow became Perfect due to time distortions, but not the actually empowered by the Chaos Emeralds version.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
Show me...

More along the lines of making Sonic say "huh,that Perfect Chaos was nowhere near as strong as the original."
Man that would be goofy. Because there's a problem with that scenario that's obvious if you think about it for two seconds

Why would Sonic charge at Perfect Chaos if he didn't know beforehand that he was nerfed? Like it really dosent matter that much if this change happens since either way Sonic looked at PC and thought to himself. Ya I got this which implies he could beat full power PC anyways.

Man that would be goofy. Because there's a problem with that scenario that's obvious if you think about it for two seconds

Why would Sonic charge at Perfect Chaos if he didn't know beforehand that he was nerfed? Like it really dosent matter that much if this change happens since either way Sonic looked at PC and thought to himself. Ya I got this which implies he could beat full power PC anyways.
Time Eater does one-shot him early in Generations and Sonic still tries attacking it near the end, in his base form. So, in this game, he does already have a precedent for "hell, why not".
I imagine the actual reason would be something along the lines of "If I don't at least try, then we're screwed, because right now I'm the only one who can", or something.

That still makes no sense to me rn, but I'll have to see how it actually unfolds.

Time Eater does one-shot him early in Generations and Sonic still tries attacking it near the end, in his base form.
Huh guess your right. Unless he thought the emeralds would repel Time Eater like he saw them do earlier. But that's quite a stretch and Sonic fumbled if that was his plan.

But realistically the writers just didn't think about this.

Do any of the leaks say anything about Shadow's reaction to Mephiles and if he doesn't know who he is or not? Because given some of the subtle examples throughout the years of Sonic still remembering 06, I am curious to know how the game's going to handle Mephiles since Shadow wouldn't know who he is due to paradoxes.

i am a Bumblekast serious watcher, so i say.....never heard of this, do you know which is that from? cause i legit don't remember him ever saying anything remotely close to that
A long time ago,like 5 or 6 years. I'll admit I might be misremembering what he said exactly,but I do remember him alluding to him changing certain aspects of that encounter(nerfing Perfect Chaos).
Yeah, quickly going through the master list (specifically 2020-present), I can't find this.

I did find this funny question, though.

I might be misrembering the specifics,I'll look for it. It was longer ago than that though,like 5 or 6 years.

I did find one in which someone asks something akin to "I get a feeling Ian doesn't like base Sonic beating Perfect Chaos in Generations". And then Ian does say that he isn't into it, and it feels like Eggman's wrecking ball from Sonic 1 beating Super Sonic, as an example. He also talks about not liking when a final boss is able to damage Super Sonic, as he feels it sort of takes away from what Super is, for him.

But, this doesn't end up discussing the potential "how" of Gens. Sonic beating Gens. Perfect Chaos. So, it may still not be what you're looking for.

You'd be wise to remember that not every detail or word of the answers are actually on the Master List. You'd a
Have to scour through them forever.

Back