• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also I decided to look up the leaked cutscenes with the new rewrites because Sonic twitter (Perhaps the dumbest people on the planet) were doom and gloom about the base games story and character interactions being ruined or whatever. Honestly if they never said there were rewrites I likely wouldn't have even noticed any changes lmao, twitter gonna twitter and be drama queens about nothing lol.
Sonic Twitter is right. The rewritte is bad. The cutscenes aren't reanimated, so it looks like a fandub. You have the camera focusing on the pink water even though the new rewritte has Sonic and Tails not even talking about it. You have photoshopped mouths because of the extra dialogue. You have Flynn removing Amy's crush on Sonic YET again, and yet because the animations aren't redone Sonic's facepalm and groan just make him look like an asshole. It's actually pretty bad, which I didn't expect.

Sonic Twitter is right. The rewritte is bad. The cutscenes aren't reanimated, so it looks like a fandub. You have the camera focusing on the pink water even though the new rewritte has Sonic and Tails not even talking about it. You have photoshopped mouths because of the extra dialogue. You have Flynn removing Amy's crush on Sonic YET again, and yet because the animations aren't redone Sonic's facepalm and groan just make him look like an asshole. It's actually pretty bad, which I didn't expect.
Oh I agree the actual animations make it look like a fandub due to not being redone like that specifically looks kinda bad, but like what part of that cutscene is Amy's crush being removed (Also lol on blaming it entirely on Flynn, if Sonic Team cared so much about it they would not let him do this) like does she need to be gushing over him 24/7. Sonics repsonse is like the most low level "asshole" thing I've ever seen like I can't imagine the reaction to what an actual asshole would say and act would be. I thought Sonic was telling Amy to kill herself based on Amy fans reactions to it and laughed when that was all he said and did.

Is it too hard to have an option to leave the old script in at least

Yeah I think that'd be neat, for as pretty nothing the cutscenes were and still are in the game it'd still be nice for the original dialouge to be a thing even if just for the sake of preservation now that the original is delisted

Also mostly don't want spoilers on the Shadow stuff but do wanna be spoiled on one thing:

Does Shadow lose his new doom powers or keep them? Because I assume Shadows story ends with him going off to fight Sonic leading into the boss fight for the main game and unless they also changed the boss fight to include them I was thinking the doom stuff was gonna be a one off for this game only.

but like what part of that cutscene is Amy's crush being removed (Also lol on blaming it entirely on Flynn, if Sonic Team cared so much about it they would not let him do this) l
Literally everything? I can't tell if you're being disingenuous or you're just being forgetful of the original cutscene, no offense. In the original Amy says "I was afraid I would never flirt with you again" (Which is why Sonic facepalms to her), but in the new one, Amy just says she wants to return the favor. A clean reduction of Amy's love for Sonic. And it IS Flynn's fault. He wrote this. I never understand why Flynn fans always blame everyone except the person who writes the scenes. When Ian "cooks" it's always "Ian is such a good writer!" but when he burns the kitchen down, it's always Sega's fault.

Also mostly don't want spoilers on the Shadow stuff but do wanna be spoiled on one thing:

Does Shadow lose his new doom powers or keep them? Because I assume Shadows story ends with him going off to fight Sonic leading into the boss fight for the main game and unless they also changed the boss fight to include them I was thinking the doom stuff was gonna be a one off for this game only.
Will most likely lose them, because there is no reason for Shadow to not use them after Gens

IIRC, an interview stated that the Doom Powers are a product of Shadow interacting with Black Doom's effects again. So if Black Doom is done, I don't think they'll continue. Let's keep Black Doom alive, somehow put him into miniature size inside a wallet so Shadow can carry it around and trigger Doom Powers.

Literally everything? I can't tell if you're being disingenuous or you're just being forgetful of the original cutscene. In the original Amy says "I was afraid I would never flirt with you again" (Which is why Sonic facepalms to her), but in the new one, Amy just says she wants to return the favor. A clean reduction of Amy's love for Sonic. And it IS Flynn's fault. He wrote this. I never understand why Flynn fans always blame everyone except the person who writes the scenes. When Ian "cooks" it's always "Ian is such a good writer!" but when he burns the kitchen down, it's always Sega's fault.
Dude I know what she said in the original, I just don't see how the new dialouge removes the crush entirely (Unless you mean removing her crush in that cutscene spefically and not as a whole in which case yeah I can agree it's removed in this instance).

I didn't even say it wasn't Ians fault, all I said is it's not entirely Ians fault. Like yeah I guess it's odd he's reducing Amy's crush on Sonic (Not that I personally care because of how unimportant it is) but Sonic Team clearly are along for it given they're the ones getting him to do the rewrite. Like poor small indie team Sonic Team working for poor small start up company Sega don't lack the ability to overwrite anything he does if they don't agree with it.

IIRC, an interview stated that the Doom Powers are a product of Shadow interacting with Black Doom's effects again. So if Black Doom is done, I don't think they'll continue. Let's keep Black Doom alive, somehow put him into miniature size inside a wallet so Shadow can carry it around and trigger Doom Powers.
Honestly? I would've preferred it if Shadow's Doom Powers were simply due to him weaponizing the Black Arms side of his heritage, because saying that it's only the result of Shadow interacting with Black Doom's effects is super lame and severely limits what SEGA could do with this in the future. But if Sonic x Shadow Generations ends up being a success and fans enjoy the Doom Powers, maybe SEGA will end up making them a main stay perhaps

Honestly? I would've preferred it if Shadow's Doom Powers were simply due to him weaponizing the Black Arms side of his heritage, because saying that it's only the result of Shadow interacting with Black Doom's effects is super lame and severely limits what SEGA could do with this in the future. But if Sonic x Shadow Generations ends up being a success and fans enjoy the Doom Powers, maybe SEGA will end up making them a main stay perhaps
Sadly recently they are doing a lot of "Let's add new powers that everyone will find cool and interesting, but limit them for only one game and get rid of them for the next one". Frontiers, Superstars, and I think it's not unlikely they'll have SXSG follow the same steps.

Not a fan of that, I like the new powers and I would much prefer to see them exploring more potential with these characters in all media rather than getting back to the state they were before (That is, except for how certain characters are being rewritten as if they were always what they want them to be now).

I just don't see how the new dialouge removes the crush entirely (Unless you mean removing her crush in that cutscene spefically and not as a whole in which case yeah I can agree it's removed in this instance).
This singular cutscene doesn't, yeah. But this isn't a singular event. Time and time again Ian removes Amy's crush on Sonic to make her a generic girl character. And yes, that is Ian's fault because this happens in games written by him.
I didn't even say it wasn't Ians fault, all I said is it's not entirely Ians fault. Like yeah I guess it's odd he's reducing Amy's crush on Sonic (Not that I personally care because of how unimportant it is) but Sonic Team clearly are along for it given they're the ones getting him to do the rewrite. Like poor small indie team Sonic Team working for poor small start up company Sega don't lack the ability to overwrite anything he does if they don't agree with it.
Amy's crush on Sonic IS an important part of her character, baked in the core of her character. You can say you simply don't like the character, but that doesn't mean she has to be changed for people who never liked her in the first place. Any of your complaints against Sonic Team go under when you actually look into japanese material and see Amy is still the same in those material. So yes, it's MOSTLY Ian's fault, and Sega's fault for not deeply looking over him like they did with Shadow, for example.

About the Amy stuff, I can only think that this is an element that the Japanese side seems to still be keeping, at least in other media that has existed since 2020 to now. What I can see happening is that even with all this talk about "making one Sonic" and "Sonic content from the East and West can converge", there's still a clear difference between what gets into Japan and what gets adapted from the English version. I would at least be fine with the Western side if they actually acknowledged this so we could all move on (like, "yes, character X is being rewritten as Z for the West, but it's kept the same in Japan"), there were a few times they did (Toyoda often talks on Twitter how it's basically impossible to keep the same things in the two versions, and even Ian told on Bumblekast about that), but that should be more clear. Be true with your intent with your audience.

"Terios is like a completely new character". I would love if they actually made it a new character, maybe a transformation or body created by Black Doom to fight against Shadow on common ground, it would be cool.

Does the current stats page says current Modern Sonic upscales to heavily upscaling to heavily upscaling to one shot to one shot to upscaling to one shot to one shot to one shotting a baseline Low 2-C?

Last edited:

SEGA! RELEASE A DEMO FOR SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS PRIOR TO RELEASE, AND MY LIFE IS YOURS!

maxresdefault.jpg

Just a heads up ladies and gentlemen: cutscenes for Sonic x Shadow Generations are being leaked onto YouTube, so be careful if you decide to search up anything related to Sonic whatsoever on the website/app.

One of the cutscenes involves the end of the Mephilies fight and holy shit, Shadow absolutely murks him in the end and completely dominates him without taking off his inhibitors. It's like DBZ type shit, if I might describe it.

Sadly recently they are doing a lot of "Let's add new powers that everyone will find cool and interesting, but limit them for only one game and get rid of them for the next one". Frontiers, Superstars, and I think it's not unlikely they'll have SXSG follow the same steps.

Not a fan of that, I like the new powers and I would much prefer to see them exploring more potential with these characters in all media rather than getting back to the state they were before (That is, except for how certain characters are being rewritten as if they were always what they want them to be now).
The only power that stays was the colors powers, and PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE WISPS.

If there are aspects of writing one doesn't like, then Sonic Team should do something of it. Give different direction.
There's a bit of an extra thing to this point, because Japanese and Non-Japanese Sonic do have different scripts, Toyoda does revise everything he can and he will change the script to fit with the setting if needed (Didn't happen with Frontiers because he was busy with the movie, but then Kishimoto did the script anyway, and it was even more different than the usual Toyoda rewrite).

They can keep something if they feel like "it needs to be this way to work in the West", while keeping things as they always were in Japan. So they acknowledge that it's not something for everyone, if not they wouldn't need to change when it reaches Japan to be more in line with the settings there.

It seems in one off the leaked cutscences while Sonic and Shadow are fighting Shadows doom powers go off distracting him which cost him the fight with Sonic. So it seems that Sonic won in the generations fight because Shadow lost focus rather than Sonic being superior.

It seems in one off the leaked cutscences while Sonic and Shadow are fighting Shadows doom powers go off distracting him which cost him the fight with Sonic. So it seems that Sonic won in the generations fight because Shadow lost focus rather than Sonic being superior.
Plot twist the entire Shadow portion of the game was something he made as an excuse for why he lost to Sonic

Yeah it's unforunate, gotta use the big boys like Sonic himself for a lot of people to care about the match.

Also I decided to look up the leaked cutscenes with the new rewrites because Sonic twitter (Perhaps the dumbest people on the planet) were doom and gloom about the base games story and character interactions being ruined or whatever. Honestly if they never said there were rewrites I likely wouldn't have even noticed any changes lmao, twitter gonna twitter and be drama queens about nothing lol.
Word of advice: never give a Flynn hater the benefit of the doubt. They can and WILL do whatever it takes to make him look incompetant.

One day I hope to see a Sonic Adventure 2 analysis that takes into account the creator's commentary and the guidebook (Although I understand not everyone getting the book because Windii's team decided to really scan their books into some really high quality, too big to even download, not even possible right now because the Web Archive if dead).

That's so ass, and just serves to downplay Sonic.

As an unapologetic Shadow fan boy, I see this as an absolute win for me because I love seeing Shadow glaze in my Sonic media.

This is supposed to be Sonic's game and a celebration of his history until now, especially cause he's the main character of the series.

Just because Shadow and his history got attached to it like an undesired tumor isn't an excuse to downplay Sonic in his game.

Back