• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ian is even adding his weird retcon headcanon in official Sonic material like the descriptions of Sonic Fast Friends Forever. What he does clearly affects the main series.
GZgRHeIWYA0tEUT

Thankfully, Iizuka and company disagree with him and keep making Chaos Control warp space.
......this is a Sega aproved official Bio, THEY AGREE WITH WHAT IS THERE, and they ARE THE ONES WHO DECIDED WHAT WOULD BE THERE, Ian clarrified this with Silver's time travel method, it wasn't his decision, he just wrotte based on the guidelines given to him

Dude, he wrotte metal virus where CC is described as space warp/teleportation, if you stopped to think instead of just wanting to hate on Ian you would realise how he isn't the "evil hack who wants to ruin sonic with his views" as you for some reason think he is

I don't think Ian would lie about SEGA. He gains nothing from it, and in no way would it ever benefit his career to lie about a present employer. Ian mentioned some time in the past that there have been at least one time he's shared thoughts on work of Sonic stuff behind the scenes, and SEGA essentially said "hey, draw it back a little please", in the sense that they felt he may have been oversharing. Now, I would like to give the gambling company benefit of the doubt and say that they don't always have every person's social media on radar. But, people do ask Ian about official Sonic stuff on the Bumblekast often enough to the point that I could see SEGA maybe keeping a closer eye on it. In that case, why would they let an employee just make stuff up about them?

......this is a Sega aproved official Bio, THEY AGREE WITH WHAT IS THERE, and they ARE THE ONES WHO DECIDED WHAT WOULD BE THERE, Ian clarrified this with Silver's time travel method, it wasn't his decision, he just wrotte based on the guidelines given to him

Dude, he wrotte metal virus where CC is described as space warp/teleportation, if you stopped to think instead of just wanting to hate on Ian you would realise how he isn't the "evil hack who wants to ruin sonic with his views" as you for some reason think he is
Toyoda has stated he isn't perfect and that mistranslations and errors can pass through him:

Since the meaning completely changes with a single word, it's clear Sega just didn't notice the difference.

Also, re-reading the tweet, I’m pretty sure he’s making the jab at SA2’s initial presentation of Chaos Control (temporal manipulation) compared to later within the title (general warping of space and time), not denying that it can teleport.

Also, re-reading the tweet, I’m pretty sure he’s making the jab at SA2’s initial presentation of Chaos Control (temporal manipulation) compared to later within the title (general warping of space and time), not denying that it can teleport.
Chaos Control was always stated to warp and control time and space, not just temporal manipulation. Shadow teleports with it to the ARK in the same scene it's introduced.

I would say it's a bit more nuanced than that, as I said the same thing can be said in the same way and not knowing the idea behind it might give a completely different interpretation. Because if you just told someone like Toyoda that "Shadow can stop time, move to a different place, and it would look like he warped to get there, " he would agree. Someone would only know "There's no Warp, it's just time stop" interpretation if they knew what Ian thought about it, which isn't a thing SEGA would necessarily know as I don't think that is part of the job application.

So it's perfectly possible to have stuff get over SEGA's supervision in case because the same stuff can be understood in different ways, in fact there are many cases in which stuff gets over their heads for similar reasons that Ian shared on Bumblekast in the past, some that SEGA took notice, some that they didn't.

What I do know is that the Japanese version of that profile mentions the time stop and warp as different things, both powers that Chaos Control has. So, it could be very well the case that Ian wrote the profile, and the person translating it wrote what is in the Japanese version, Sonic Team read that Japanese translation and thought everything was fine.

This is just to say that in the end, we can never be 100% sure of almost anything there, so only a few of what happened is really known and I don't think even everyone working there has the same type of information for various reasons.

Really sexuality? She can do it to robots for crying out loud. Her wiles work on anyone in Riders. She's got some Boa Hancock type crap where she can attract most people in her verse despite their age, gender, will/heart or lack there of.
Can't believe I posted this, damn you Pep...
It was a tertiary argument that I found funny. I figured since it was only shown to work on Egg Pawns, that those Egg Pawns must have had a male coded AI. The Riders thing does change things though

It was a tertiary argument that I found funny. I figured since it was only shown to work on Egg Pawns, that those Egg Pawns must have had a male coded AI. The Riders thing does change things though
In Sonic Heroes Amy is just so obsessed with Sonic she wants to severely injure him in a fight.
Maybe emphatic manip doesn’t work on Amy in the normal way.

So the Intel that Rouge provided for G.U.N reveals that, to some capacity, Rouge was already aware of the Time Eater. Or at the very least, knew that Eggman had something scheming in the future.

Given the rumors floating around that parts of Sonic Generations might end up being rewritten, I wonder if that scene in this final episode is a hint of changes to come or not.

So the Intel that Rouge provided for G.U.N reveals that, to some capacity, Rouge was already aware of the Time Eater. Or at the very least, knew that Eggman had something scheming in the future.

Given the rumors floating around that parts of Sonic Generations might end up being rewritten, I wonder if that scene in this final episode is a hint of changes to come or not.
Yeah. That's weird because in the actual game Rouge has no idea of the Time Eater.

Casey Lee Williams jumpscare
Wait, really? The same Casey Lee Williams who did practically most of the vocal songs from RWBY? That's quite interesting to hear, but I can now hear her voice at the end of this video.

Given that RWBY's cross overed with DC and Sonic will be crossing over with DC, I now want a Sonic and RWBY crossover. But that's not going to happen

In Sonic Heroes Amy is just so obsessed with Sonic she wants to severely injure him in a fight.
Maybe emphatic manip doesn’t work on Amy in the normal way.
........no, that isn't true at all, she makes a callback to the joke she did in Adventure 2 and then starts to ask about Froggy and Chocola to him during the bossfight

You are thinking of Sonic Battle Amy

Seriously though, Shadow and Rouge are total dickheads for raiding G.U.N for no reason when they could've just asked. Had they been denied, then it would have made sense to do what they did, but they would not have been denied. They could have made this so much easier on everyone involved. Abe was WAY too chill about this. I presume the only reason Rouge still keeps her job after this is because G.U.N is terrified of what would happen if she was to be against them.

Seriously though, Shadow and Rouge are total dickheads for raiding G.U.N for no reason when they could've just asked. Had they been denied, then it would have made sense to do what they did, but they would not have been denied. They could have made this so much easier on everyone involved. Abe was WAY too chill about this. I presume the only reason Rouge still keeps her job after this is because G.U.N is terrified of what would happen if she was to be against them.
Rouge and Shadow are not gun soldiers or full time employees. They are like mercenaries that work for GUN from time to time.

Wait, really? The same Casey Lee Williams who did practically most of the vocal songs from RWBY? That's quite interesting to hear, but I can now hear her voice at the end of this video.

Given that RWBY's cross overed with DC and Sonic will be crossing over with DC, I now want a Sonic and RWBY crossover. But that's not going to happen
Yeah a Sonic X RWBY crossover would be peak. There’s already a massive overlap of fans as well, at least from what I’ve seen.

it's the military, it's fine really.

I imagine Rouge probably just wanted an excuse to spend more time with Shadow lol. Also considering she’s on a nickname basis with the literal commander and is a pretty invaluable asset to the organisation as a whole, I’d bet she could probably get away with almost anything.

As an aside, it’s nice to know Abraham Tower is confirmed to be the Commander’s canon name now, and it’s not a “this is the obvious intention but we’re not going to 100% confirm it” thing.

Unrelated, but if Sonic, Eggman, or any other character in the verse was to be erased from existance in a VS match, would they be sent to white space since that's where erased things go in the Sonic world?

Unrelated, but if Sonic, Eggman, or any other character in the verse was to be erased from existance in a VS match, would they be sent to white space since that's where erased things go in the Sonic world?
They all resist it, but maybe? I feel that leans too heavily on verse equalization and speculation, tho.

Anyone else remember how Rouge beat Tails in their 1v1 during the sonic x tournament arc.
The Emerl Arc ye
Nowhere is that listed as existance erasure except on Sonic and Time Eater's profile, strangely enough
Shadow & Silver literally have resistance to Conceptual Destrustion & Void Manipulation, those powers include existance erasure. Metal has the former too, but is missing the latter.
Yet another thing to fix, lol
party-over-star-wars.gif

The Emerl Arc ye

Shadow & Silver literally have resistance to Conceptual Destrustion & Void Manipulation, those powers include existance erasure. Metal has the former too, but is missing the latter.

party-over-star-wars.gif
Didn't know that automatically counted as existance erasure. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Back