• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
06>Generations
No. ‘06 was bad, I’ll give you that, but it’s not so bad to the point where the game can be beaten in just ONE MINUTE.

And also, I said “IF someone says Sonic ‘06 was the worst game ever made”. Not “WHEN someone says Sonic ‘06 is the worst game ever made”. I’m starting to think reading isn’t this wiki’s specialty.

Last edited:
No. ‘06 was bad, I’ll give you that, but it’s not so bad to the point where the game can be beaten in just ONE MINUTE.

And also, I said “IF someone says Sonic ‘06 was the worst game ever made”. Not “WHEN someone says Sonic ‘06 is the worst game ever made”. I’m starting to think reading isn’t this wiki’s specialty.
i said 06>Generations

I have a hard time believing there's anyone out there who actually believes it's the worst game ever created. If there is, they've hardly seen anything, and they're in for a rude awakening.
Literally every Sonic fanboy responsible for the Meta Era believes it’s the worst game ever created.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly is WAY WORSE.

Literally every Sonic fanboy responsible for the Meta Era believes it’s the worst game ever created.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly is WAY WORSE.
I can see them believing it's the worst Sonic game. I just have trouble seeing them thinking it's the worst game ever conceived when there are games that both have a boring plot, and are completely unplayable.

Might be a hot take, but 06 is better than any post-2010 Sonic game.
Outside Generations and Maina, I agree.

*Sonic 4 Ep2 was decent but still not worthy to be compared to the OG classic trilogy and it got cancelled after it was essentially given away.

*Lost World was a fun game but not a Sonic game also the D6 are trash and the franchise is better without them.

*Considering the best thing that came out of the Sonic Boom sub franchise was the self aware cartoon, that should speak for itself.

*Sonic Forces is what happens when you try to make a R rated game while still keeping it E rated in than less than year (Because most of the development time was spent on a worst engine than it's predecessor and ART!) and appeal to everyone too. Cliff-notes version a mid mess.

I feel more secure being a Sonic fan after Summer Fest expecting Frontiers, even if Sonic never appeared. Is that what the rest of industry doing? Yeah, sure, "polish" but why was 85% content showed off so boring?

Outside Generations and Maina, I agree.
Add Colors DS to that list, and we’ll be good (Colors Console started the downfall of the franchise).
*Sonic 4 Ep2 was decent but still not worthy to be compared to the OG classic trilogy and it got cancelled after it was essentially given away.
Managed to get some fun out of the game on my iPad at least, but that Splash Hills truck in the Sonic 2 movie got what it deserved.
*Lost World was a fun game but not a Sonic game also the D6 are trash and the franchise is better without them.
Also it made Tails worse than he was in the console version of Colors… and he was CLEARLY AMPUTATED WHEN GOING THROUGH THE CYBORG PROCESS! I may feel bad for Jin fans who got Shadow Lady’s ending in Marvel vs. Capcom, but at least Jin didn’t get AMPUTATED - he just got surgery and mechanical parts were put in his body.
*Considering the best thing that came out of the Sonic Boom sub franchise was the self aware cartoon, that should speak for itself.
Never played the games, but I have watched the cartoon. Pretty good, if I do say so myself.
*Sonic Forces is what happens when you try to make a R rated game while still keeping it E rated in than less than year (Because most of the development time was spent on a worst engine than it's predecessor and ART!) and appeal to everyone too. Cliff-notes version a mid mess.
Obvious mention of Tails being worse than he was in Lost World.

So uh, Iizuka wants to go back and continue the Adventure series one day.

Nah... until I see it and play it with my own two hands, I take every word from both Iizuka and Sega in general with a massive grain of salt.

A friendly reminder Adventure remakes have already been cancelled twice, Iizuka is known to change his mind quite often and Sega have been saving "SA3" as their failsafe/low hanging fruit for years now.

Nah... until I see it and play it with my own two hands, I take every word from both Iizuka and Sega in general with a massive grain of salt.

A friendly reminder Adventure remakes have already been cancelled twice, Iizuka is known to change his mind quite often and Sega have been saving "SA3" as their failsafe/low hanging fruit for years now.
My only thoughts on it are that - even though it’s good to hear (hey, SEGA’s finally taking notes from ‘06 now. You know. Their last open world game before Frontiers? They’re finally realizing who their REAL fans are and who to listen to & to make something good out of a bad situation) - I feel like the announcement came WAY too soon and WAY out of left field. Like, more out of left field than Capcom putting an unused Darkstalker (Ruby Heart) in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and then putting Hayato from Plasma Sword in that same game.

6kq5mi.jpg

Shadow isn't even city block level, downgrade time.

With how many times Ian Flynn answered VS-related questions, I would think that people would nowadays notice that he doesn't see Sonic as really being "powerful" outside of the small-scale stuff, and it's very clear that Flynn would prefer if Sonic remained in small-scale stuff and even remove all the space-time related things and just put everything in a single planet and have at best planet level scale things with one or two-time travel plots in very limited conditions (I remember he once said that the Time Stones should only work within Little Planet and they wouldn't work anywhere else).

I mean, even super forms aren't that big of a deal nowadays as he was concerned about the implications of even relativistic speed super forms being able to circle the globe in less than a minute to collect all the Metal Virus and said "Silver as collecting golden rings as they flew across the globe", so even "can circle the globe is less than a minute" for Super Forms is a concern to him.

Right now I would think that people would stop to ask him about high-level stuff because he clearly doesn't think that anything Sonic-related is at that level (At best pre-reboot Archie before his run and he even jokes about how little sense those things were, and a few game stuff like Solaris), yet people still continue to make those questions only to repeat the same thing again.

With how many times Ian Flynn answered VS-related questions, I would think that people would nowadays notice that he doesn't see Sonic as really being "powerful" outside of the small-scale stuff, and it's very clear that Flynn would prefer if Sonic remained in small-scale stuff and even remove all the space-time related things and just put everything in a single planet and have at best planet level scale things with one or two-time travel plots in very limited conditions (I remember he once said that the Time Stones should only work within Little Planet and they wouldn't work anywhere else).

I mean, even super forms aren't that big of a deal nowadays as he was concerned about the implications of even relativistic speed super forms being able to circle the globe in less than a minute to collect all the Metal Virus and said "Silver as collecting golden rings as they flew across the globe", so even "can circle the globe is less than a minute" for Super Forms is a concern to him.

Right now I would think that people would stop to ask him about high-level stuff because he clearly doesn't think that anything Sonic-related is at that level (At best pre-reboot Archie before his run and he even jokes about how little sense those things were, and a few game stuff like Solaris), yet people still continue to make those questions only to repeat the same thing again.
this is the classic case of writers not caring about powerscaling, they just throw their stuff out there for the more relevant accuracy of terms.

OK, but are we really going to ignore the fact that the rumor of Michael Jackson working on Sonic 3 was ACTUALLY TRUE?
I mean most people already knew it to be true but official confirmation from Sega was the straw that broke the camels hump. Kinda strange how the the truth/facts has more or less value depending on who it comes from...

oh dang not much has been uploaded in the way of actual recent sonic videos here at all so I'll just post a bunch

This anti WoG stuff is making me more powerful.

I learned of Sonic: Frontiers from the recent Nintendo Direct.
How do Sonic Origins, Sonic Frontiers & Sonic Prime differ?

I learned of Sonic: Frontiers from the recent Nintendo Direct.
How do Sonic Origins, Sonic Frontiers & Sonic Prime differ?
*Sonic Origins: Is a collection of remastered classics from the 90s (Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles) that was developed by the same team responsible for Sonic Mania (essentially a fan project made official) and Origins was released on Sonic's 31st birthday.

*Sonic Frontiers is the next mainline Sonic game (continuity wise) which takes place in an Open world/Sandbox (a first for Sonic), the game is still a platformer at it's core but has a greater emphasis on combat as well as exploration (something that hasn't been done since Sonic Unleashed over 10 years ago) also the game draws many of its world assets from another of Sega's IPs known as Phantasy Star (New Genesis) hence the JRPG feel it may give off. It's planned to be released in the Winter 2022.

*Sonic Prime is a Netflix 3D animated series based on the Sonic franchise (which may or may not be canon to the games) which is planned to come on during the Fall/Autumn. It focuses on Sonic traveling the multiverse to help different versions of his friends while finding redemption along the way (at least according to the official descriptions of the show) also the show is being produced by the same team behind Ben 10 (OG) and Generator Rex plus many of the VAs have been confirmed to have worked on past Sonic projects and/or animations, so it's looking to be quite the ambitious show on paper.

I think that's about it without going into too much detail.

Back