• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Do we have the scan?

Want to start reading sonic shit heard the recent shit has been good(and I'm interested in a charcater) and I've yet to actually read literally anything sonic so where should I start and go on from👀

Wanted to ask about Maginaryworld, should the cosmology in dream world universes be fully 1-1 with real cosmology? I know it’s stated that dreams intersect with reality, but when you see constellations inside the fourth dimension they’re obviously a lot smaller than real life constellations, and maybe correlates with how dreamers don’t always perceive the universe exactly as it truly is in scope and functionality.
But then there’s also real stars and wormholes and black holes, and it gives kind of mixed messages

Last edited:
Wanted to ask about Maginaryworld, should the cosmology in dream world universes be fully 1-1 with real cosmology?
Yes
and maybe correlates with how dreamers don’t always perceive the universe exactly as it truly is in scope and functionality.
Except nothing indicates dreams are different sizes in Maginaryworld anywhere within Shuffle. A no-name chao can have galactic battles in its dreams, you don't need to grasp the full extent of the universe for your dream to be universal in size.
But then there’s also real stars and wormholes and black holes, and it gives kind of mixed messages
Further proving my point.

It was less referring to the dreams having universal size, and more referring to the possibility that elements contained within those universe sized dreams might not be to scale with reality. Like, the possibility of stars in the background actually being very tiny when viewed up close (such as the horoscope constellations in 4th dimension space)

Oh, now I see. I think that takes an equal amount of assumptions. This feels more like author's intent vs technical limitations of a dated 90s game

I mean, even modern games just use sprites (2-D art) of stars pasted around/near the inner surface of a very large sphere (Which is used for the background) to represent stars, realistic stars are asking for an obscene size that consumes a ton of dev complications (like having to deal with significant scales) for no real gain.

I suppose that’s true.
The constellations are the only thing that would suggest size variance of objects within the dream worlds at the moment, unless I’m missing something, so for now I’ll err on the side of it being okay. Still, for me it was sort of important to be sure that the universes from dream worlds were comparable to normal ones.

In regards to that thread.
Apparently the source of MW being explicitly called a universe was in a promotional magazine.
Can someone link that specific magazine issue?
Here:

Considering it says Maginary Whirl amongst other stuff for the name of Maginaryworld, I'd say it calls into question if the info is super accurate for an early unreleased model of the game / story, even going by it being a review by a magazine endorsed by Sega.

I did talk to some people who pointed out that whenever they say alternate timeline in the Japanese it’s more like, alternate time axis, or alternate points in time, rather than alternate dimensions (aka jikanjiku vs heiko jigen).

Also, they never actually say outright that Solaris would destroy all dimensions, so maybe that part should be edited in his page.

I did talk to some people who pointed out that whenever they say alternate timeline in the Japanese it’s more like, alternate time axis, or alternate points in time, rather than alternate dimensions (aka jikanjiku vs heiko jigen).

Also, they never actually say outright that Solaris would destroy all dimensions, so maybe that part should be edited in his page.

5:45
“His plan is to consume EVERY timeline and annihilate the meaning of time itself”

Yeah I translated it myself and got a lot of things like “different time axis/timeline” and “all timelines and prospects”. (But that was in Google Translate so idk how reliable it is).

But they don’t actually say “all dimensions”, I guess that’s implied with the whole “all timelines being destroyed and the meaning of time being annihilated”, but the link on Solaris’s page combined with the accompanying text is still kind of misleading, imo.

And, apparently timeline in Japanese is different contextually from the West, in that it refers to more of a series of events in a focused moment in time, and that the words for alternate space-time or alternate dimension (like heiko jiku) aren’t used.

Last edited:

I'm going to be real with you chief those people sound like nothing more than wilfully contrarian "Sonic fans" judging by the past several posts you keep making about them (didn't we address these Solaris points multiple times in the past?), cliff-notes version they're entitled to their opinions but they're wrong!. I suggest moving on already since we're not changing our interpretation of Solaris, period (especially via silly semantics). If they got issues then they can come here to discuss it, instead of using you as a proxy.

Well, if it’s true that jikanjiku in this case moreso refers to specific time points in the original context, instead of the separate dimensional areas western people associate with the word timeline.
That might damper Solaris’s potential.

At the very least I feel like rewording Solaris’s AP description is necessary, changing from “all dimensions” back to something about how he can casually destroy dimensions.

Last edited:
How do we know that, though.

Solaris was just said to be destroying all jikanjiku and prospects, with jikanjiku having two interpretations, one being a finite sequence of events inside a larger sequence of events, and the other referring to the entire time sequence. Then he says that Solaris can destroy dimensions, but doesn’t specify all dimensions.

Last edited:
Well which makes more sense? Is Solaris destroying timelines as in space-time continuums or is he destroying sequences of events? Pretty much speaks for itself.

Back