• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's nothing Boundless (i guess), but Eggman's Eggmobile can easily support a 16 Ton weight, judging from this moment.

I mean, this also shows that the Egg Mobile can teleport the stuff that it carries along with it. That's pretty neat. Keep turning those into Imgur GIFs and I'll include them into my next CRT. I just discovered some Shuffle stuff on my own end that I didn't get to add to it.
The Eggmobile sometimes being able to restrain the base characters is a better feat.
Not for its flight capacity.
Dang, Espio is pretty OP in verse, barely anyone can hit him when using Leaf Swirl
Leaf swirl only makes him intangible to thin lasers in Heores. Are you referring to that other technique in Rivals that makes him fully intagible?
Murder of Sonic the hedgehog is not canon
Jfc, that's cringe. What a cop-out. The one modern game where most of Sonic's friends feel like distinct charming characters.

The problem is that doing that is really, really hard.
This. We may give off the impression that this is easy work, but it gets a little overbearing at times when you're sorting through a nearly-decade-old page that's such a reminder of the old standards that my eyes begin to bleed.

Also these complaints are the same ones that caused me to stary my revision crusade.
Tbh I feel like some of the profiles (cough Modern Sonic cough) have way too many images at the top.
I believe that's the doing of @omegabronic. I think it gets a little tedious for Sonic at times, but I actually don't mind the 2D-3D thing. There was a point where Sonic's renders were changed like every other week, partially because of the dispute regarding that very subject. So I've grown to not mind it.

Listing all the variants of Prime Sonic though, for example, I do NOT agree with. That IS gallery worthy.

I believe that's the doing of @omegabronic. I think it gets a little tedious for Sonic at times, but I actually don't mind the 2D-3D thing. There was a point where Sonic's renders were changed like every other week, partially because of the dispute regarding that very subject. So I've grown to not mind it.
Yeah that’s fair, it does solve that issue.

Listing all the variants of Prime Sonic though, for example, I do NOT agree with. That IS gallery worthy.
I was gonna mention that as well, but I had a brain fart and somehow couldn’t think of a way to word it properly. “Variants of Prime Sonic” was right there lol

Jfc, that's cringe. What a cop-out. The one modern game where most of Sonic's friends feel like distinct charming characters.
Until I hear that from Iizuka, I don't buy it. There is literally nothing contradictory and takes place post-Frontiers anyways so I don't see what there is to ocntradict anyhow.

Also, not to vindicate myself, but I totally called that we were still Pre-Frontiers even with the 900th Adventure comic. On the flipside, this makes me VERY excited to see Sage in comic format and finally put Frontiers properly behind us in the timeline in all regards (both game AND comic).

Not to start the hopium, but maybe by Issue 100 we'll begin to shift in that direction. That or bring back the Scrapniks damn it

Last edited:
I think I remember that Ian Flynn has mentioned wanting to crossover Sonic and NiGHTS using Maginaryworld as a connecting lore point, between them. I like that idea.
Ye, in a 2022 bumblecast
There is literally nothing contradictory and takes place post-Frontiers anyways so I don't see what there is to ocntradict anyhow.
Even Ian said that in a bumblecasts or 2, I'm pretty sure we got 1 of the statements in the Eras Blog.

Until I hear that from Iizuka, I don't buy it. There is literally nothing contradictory and takes place post-Frontiers anyways so I don't see what there is to ocntradict anyhow.
To be fair, it's not the only reason to believe that TMoStH is not canon, it's still not a solid case, but it's there.

Draft/Info of a CTR that I had planned but that I didn't do because the Runners one is still pending and I realized that Barry appeared in a comic and I don't have free time and it wasn't really worth it and...
Some time ago these CTRs passed:

https://vsbattles.com/threads/sonic-additions-large-starky-galaxy-style.153225/

https://vsbattles.com/threads/espio-intelligence-upgrade.154820/

What's wrong with it? Nothing really, but I want to discuss the canonicity of the game “The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog”

1 What are the arguments for the game being canon?
  • It is a Sonic game produced by Sega
  • It references previous games
  • Common sense
2 Why do I doubt its canon?
*This is not a Sonic Team title, but we strongly believe in the power of headcanon!
A headcanon is anything that is yet to be confirmed or deconfirmed, It could be canon in the future, but without official confirmation, considering it canon is literally just a headcanon.

Counterarguments

-They mention locations from previous games, so it's canon?

…It does not work like this
If in my Total Drama fanfic (it exists, if for some strange reason you want to read it, ask about it, but it is in Spanish) I recognize past events, is my fanfic canon? No
It's the other way around, another game should take into account the existence of TMoStH, the only thing it indicates now is that it is an official Sonic product.
Don't even dare mention that it's a fanfic, that's not the point of my argument.

-Everything is canon
Let's remember that it was said based on a crossover image of PuyoPuyoTetris 2
The phrase is not “everything that is made of sonic is canon”, it was a joke, and if you want to look for a meaning, it would be “Don't worry, what you think is canon is canon”
It's not really certain that it is not canon, but there are reasons to doubt that it is, and it is safer to leave it in a corner waiting for its canonicity to be proven, than to say that it automatically is.
(Now, if there are references or something that confirms the canonicity of the game in the comics, please let me know, I'm very lost on that side [I don't think a cameo is enough, remember that Stick is currently canon, but we do not take Sonic Boom within it for obvious reasons, and let's not forget that both Sally Acorn and Bunnie D'Coolette appear in "Sonic Forces: Looming Shadow" as a cameo, but they are obviously not canonical characters, and Amy's car from All Star Transformers appears in an IDW comic but the game is not considered canon)

Also remember that the canon changes constantly:
  • Sonic Sonic Labyrinth and Sonic Spinball were initially non-canon, but they changed it
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was changed from the classic era to the modern era and there are a lot of implications that this was what happened after Sonic CD (putting CD at the end of all 4 games), but actually CD was put before Sonic 2, causing it to be separated by Sonic 2, 3, and Mania (and technically all the other classic games that were canonized, but here it's put before a lot of classic stuff

Also, I'm pretty sure the game said that Sonic saved the train conductor a number of years ago when Sonic shouldn't have been alive yet, but I don't remember.

Last edited:
Is it the sheer amount of stuff or something else? If the former than yeah I agree, it’s pretty bloated right now.
It’s that and the fact that some of the links don’t work, also it’s kinda confusing which form is which sometimes since I originally thought the 1-C stuff was for super Neo metal sonic cause the link was dead, until I remembered eggman quote in heroes which was used for metal overlord

Honestly metal and Neo metal should have seperate pages ngl similar to how sonic is split between adventure and modern

It’s that and the fact that some of the links don’t work, also it’s kinda confusing which form is which sometimes since I originally thought the 1-C stuff was for super Neo metal sonic cause the link was dead, until I remembered eggman quote in heroes which was used for metal overlord

Honestly metal and Neo metal should have seperate pages ngl similar to how sonic is split between adventure and modern
Not Metal and Neo Metal. Just separate him into Classic/Adventure/Modern like we do with Sonic.

If you see any broken links, try reporting them so we can change it to imgur or smth.

If you see any broken links, try reporting them so we can change it to imgur or smth.
This.

Also, I'm getting a little worried because some of my links lead me to a black screen for gifs; until I post the link somewhere and it seems to show up fine. Does anyone have similar issues or know the cause? It seems to only be for me viewing it, which is weird.

If Imgur's links just like implode or shit the bed and all the links need to be replaced... I don't think I'll have the will to do all that again. I heard as long as you don't delete your account (and I never plan to) then it should be fine, but I dunno...

it makes WAY more sense for tMoStH to be canon than Sonic Prime
There were literally people in charge of verifying that the series was cohesive with canon, they (or he, I don't know how many there were) pointed out a long list of problems, and it was simply ignored.
If they want to make everything canon, that's not the way, it should have stayed as something separate.

Infinite says Sonic and Eggman have been fighting for decades in english Forces, and ages were removed from canon so idk.
What does it say in Japanese? (I know we use both as canon here, but just to know)
I also hate the fact that they removed the ages

Back