• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Honestly? My idea is pretty lame, but I'd have Shadow use his innate Chaos Energy to create constructs kind of like Ki in DB and Green Lantern rings.

My version of it would be that Shadow can create weapon constructs with his energy, similar to Chaos Spear, but can create much more crazy constructs when he has access to Chaos Emeralds. Like just imagine Super Shadow using Chaos Energy to create a construct of a moon or planet and smacking it into the face of a final boss level character...that'd be some Asura's Wrath levels of madness

Time to spice things up a bit for Shadow Generations.

I envision that Shadow can achieve a pseudo-Super State when drawing from the energy of 6 Chaos Emeralds, while also requiring him to remove his Limiters; Limitless Shadow.
  • As the name implies, Shadow becomes an living, endless reservoir of Chaos Energy; the Chaos Emeralds channeling his innate reserves through them and magnifying both the extent and power. Not only does this grant Shadow exponentially enhanced physical attributes, it breaks the conditional requirements (Emerald Power at any location, activating Dual Chaos Control by himself, etc.)
  • The Chaos Emeralds act like 6 conduits, allowing Shadow to retain perfect control of his overwhelming power.
  • The cost of this psuedo-transformation is not stamina; it drains Shadow's Black Arms Life Force. Losing it wouldn't kill him, per se, but render his artificial biology "inert". In this case, Smthe removal of all his Black Arms lifeforce would make him "shut down" ala Future Omega.
Aaaand yeah, that's my idea!
Fearless Shadow, a Shadow Super Form where he uses his full Doom Powers with it ala Super Sonic 2.

My idea is pretty simple, but I think it has a lot of interesting applications within the context of Sonic. Given that it’s nearly all but confirmed that Shadow was made in the image of the mural, which is commonly accepted to be depicting Eggman and Sonic, and there’s the other Mural depicting Perfect Chaos, my idea is Shadow takes on the power of what was prophesied for both Sonic and Chaos (which is commonly believed to have inspired Gerald to make the Biolizard) to give Shadow a pseudo-Super form (like say Super Saiyan Power from DBZ) that also takes advantage of his Black Arms biology, making him a liquid-type individual. This perfectly leans into his Venom-aesthetic they’ve been focusing on for Shadow Generations, brings him more in tune with Chaos Energy (which is what the fans want, more exploration of what it can do), ties a neat little bow on Shadow’s origin, and is full of gameplay potential. On top of that it foreshadows/promises more in the future, and highlights the conflict of Sonic and Eggman, which is another new focus we’ve gotten after an era of Eldritch Monsters.

The trade off though is that Shadow must first absorb an excess of Chaos Energy from others/his foes and once he uses this temporary form, he not only loses access to his Chaos abilities for some time, but his re-solidified body is more vulnerable to damage/attack as his molecular structure recomposes itself, turning him into a glass cannon and thus also giving him more reason to use his weapons (other than rule of cool).

Last edited:
I’m not really creative but

Maybe something like, Chaos Wish.

Tapping into the Emeralds ability to transmute thoughts into power and their connection to dreams, Shadow gets the idea after taking his own journey into the Arabian Nights, and can freely conjure whatever he thinks of into reality, but the accuracy to which he can do so depends on his current power level vs the power of the original item.

It also only works 3 times a day.

Last edited:

I think this is something official. The US Sonic Twitter linked to it.
In this, SEGA Superstars Tennis, one of the All-Stars Racing games, and Murder of Sonic can be seen. This could be evidence for their canonicity.
( Also, the timing of this with Evan's linked post on here, earlier today, is unfortunate. I really, really hope that nobody gives her sh*t about this, in any way. The writers don't have the control that Sonic Team nor especially SEGA have. )

Forgive my asking, please, but Evan's linked post?

ok this might be a hot take, or cold take, or just a ''your opinion''but...i hate how every other media portraits Shadow has above Sonic, so massively above that Shadow washes the floor with Sonic.
Sonic X, Archie and Sonic Boom (and sonic movie 3)
and people think Shadow should be stronger in the prime continuity, but...mierda no, he is already strong in other continuities, he does not need to be stronger in all continuities.

Also, considering they had Murder of Sonic happen before the Time Eater incident, assuming it’s not just a cheeky fun Easter egg, that implies Sonic Generations either happened in the future beyond where we initially thought, (which doesn’t work because Frontiers happens after Forces, which is confirmed to take place after Generations unless they retcon the timeline again), or Shadow in Sonic Generations is actually from the Future, a Post-Frontiers character fighting a Pre-Frontiers Sonic/World. Either option is interesting.

Time to spice things up a bit for Shadow Generations.

I envision that Shadow can achieve a pseudo-Super State when drawing from the energy of 6 Chaos Emeralds, while also requiring him to remove his Limiters; Endless Shadow.
  • As the name implies, Shadow becomes an living, endless reservoir of Chaos Energy; the Chaos Emeralds channeling his innate reserves through them and magnifying both the extent and power. Not only does this grant Shadow exponentially enhanced physical attributes, it breaks the conditional requirements (Emerald Power at any location, activating Dual Chaos Control by himself, etc.)
  • The Chaos Emeralds act like 6 conduits, allowing Shadow to retain perfect control of his overwhelming power.
  • The cost of this psuedo-transformation is not stamina; it drains Shadow's Black Arms Life Force. Losing it wouldn't kill him, per se, but render his artificial biology "inert". In this case, Smthe removal of all his Black Arms lifeforce would make him "shut down" ala Future Omega.
Aaaand yeah, that's my idea!
I have Undertale on my mind rn and Shadow was literally made to be immortal, so the best idea I can come up with is him being able to revive himself via Chaos energy upon death. The amount needed would depend on the size of the wound, so he could probably heal from a lethal bullet wound with his own base power while he’d need Super levels of Chaos energy to come back from being completely obliterated.

Now that I think about it, Shadow being able to tough out a bullet wound by just reviving himself is kind of a slap to the face for him lol

Sonic characters are ageless.
More reason why the mural theory is real
Shadow Question Time: What new Chaos Power(s)/Transformation(s) would you create for Shadow the Hedgehog if given the opportunity? (This can be an innate ability, something that requires a Chaos Emerald/a specific amount of them, a technique that's only achievable when he takes his Inhibiters off, etc.)
If simply harnessing his destructive or heroic impulses gave him access to new techniques & forms, how about a form where comes to inner peace with all his emotions, sth like White Raven(DC). Can't come up with a fitting new power so I'm gonna say he gets all the from his previous 3 weaker forms & last shorter time than those.
Team Sonic Racing go brrr
Reminded me of Spongebob failing his drivers lincense over 1258000 times.

Also, considering they had Murder of Sonic happen before the Time Eater incident, assuming it’s not just a cheeky fun Easter egg, that implies Sonic Generations either happened in the future beyond where we initially thought, (which doesn’t work because Frontiers happens after Forces, which is confirmed to take place after Generations unless they retcon the timeline again), or Shadow in Sonic Generations is actually from the Future, a Post-Frontiers character fighting a Pre-Frontiers Sonic/World. Either option is interesting.
The second option would fix most scaling issues if they decide to bring in later bosses like Infinite, although if we assume this is supposed to be the same Shadow as in Sonic’s story then that obviously causes a bunch of different issues both related to powerscaling and not.

Tbh I’m not sure it’s super worth theorising stuff just based on this video. While it is official, it’s also a parody animation going over Shadow’s entire history as well as an advertisment for SxSG. Shadow getting sucked up at the end of his appearances could just be for the sake of the ad.

The second option would fix most scaling issues if they decide to bring in later bosses like Infinite, although if we assume this is supposed to be the same Shadow as in Sonic’s story then that obviously causes a bunch of different issues both related to powerscaling and not.
Please just put Infinite above Solaris, he is considered the Strongest villain at the time

So, in the portion of the Shadow video in which Master Overlord shows up, it looks like it is meant to represent the final boss of Heroes. But, the blurs of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are all their base colors, and not Super colors.

So, in the portion of the Shadow video in which Master Overlord shows up, it looks like it is meant to represent the final boss of Heroes. But, the blurs of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are all their base colors, and not Super colors.
The minor inconsistencies of the video is probably not something to look into that deeply

Please just put Infinite above Solaris, he is considered the Strongest villain at the time
based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based based
The minor inconsistencies of the video is probably not something to look into that deeply
Just checked and this is actually how the blurs look in Heroes.

Last edited:
Ah, they are! I assumed at least Sonic's would have changed. Thank you for letting me know!
I actually kinda like the base color trails on supers in some cases,it makes for good contrast. When I commission supers,I usually ask for lightning colors of their base auras/forms.

Super Sonic+blue lightning

Super Shadow+gold/orange-ish lightning

Super Scourge+green lightning

Chaos Knuckles+red lightning

etc.

Back