• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I still can’t get over how 6-D base modern cast is possibly gonna be real. I doubt it’ll actually happen especially since I think you can argue that Metal Overlord is only above what Eggman had seen of the Emeralds at that point (although the rest of the context does heavily point towards it being the actual full power), but the fact that the Phantom Ruby and related parties have superiority statements that also support it is pretty nutty. Also apparently Perfect Chaos had the “full power” of the Emeralds, which if that statement comes from a reputable enough source (“cough” Tikal “cough”) is another pointer towards 1-C base modern cast. There might also be something else I’m missing as well.

Sonic powerscaling is so funny, like why can you genuinely argue that someone like Tangle can solo the entire final boss catalogue (barring the literal most recent one)?

Last edited:
I still can’t get over how 6-D base modern cast is possibly gonna be real. I doubt it’ll actually happen especially since I think you can argue that Metal Overlord is only above what Eggman had seen of the Emeralds at that point (although the rest of the context does heavily point towards it being the actual full power), but the fact that the Phantom Ruby and related parties have superiority statements that also support it is pretty nutty. Also apparently Perfect Chaos had the “full power” of the Emeralds, which if that statement comes from a reputable enough source (“cough” Tikal “cough”) is another pointer towards 1-C base modern cast. There might also be something else I’m missing as well.

Sonic powerscaling is so funny, like why can you genuinely argue that someone like Tangle can solo the entire final boss catalogue (barring the literal most recent one)?
Metal Overlord will probably be downgraded to Low 2-C tbh

Feels like moreso only for particular characters more than anything, mostly playable characters already with super forms and massive power increases. So Sonic and Shadow may be top tiers in that regard.

So does this mean that Shadow now scales to Sonic's immeasurable speeds in base?

Metal Overlord will probably be downgraded to Low 2-C tbh
Realistically yeah he probably will, but it would be funny if we managed to get an upgrade out of it instead. There’s a scary amount of stuff to support it, even some stuff used for Low 2-C can potentially be used to support 6-D.

Feels like moreso only for particular characters more than anything, mostly playable characters already with super forms and massive power increases, so Knuckles, Tails, Silver, Blaze, etc. Any characters that don't tap into such wouldn't get the 1-C base capability.
I think every modern character would become 6-D, since everyone’s already Low 2-C and they all scale to a version of Sonic immensely above his Generations self. The consequences of being a multimedia franchise where everyone has some level of relevancy.

So does this mean that Shadow now scales to Sonic's immeasurable speeds in base?
Oh dang, I didn’t even think about this making characters Immeasurable. That might complicate things. I mean I feel like them already being Infinite should mean that Immeasurable wouldn’t be too hard to justify (especially since Sonic technically has his own Immeasurable feat), however I’m not the best with all these higher end mechanics so maybe there’s something I’m missing.

Can we just stop downgrading everything for the sake of it?
We have no reason to make this downgrades beyond not wanting to make the characters at the same level of a super form (at least a previous super form power)

Realistically yeah he probably will, but it would be funny if we managed to get an upgrade out of it instead. There’s a scary amount of stuff to support it, even some stuff used for Low 2-C can potentially be used to support 6-D.

I think every modern character would become 6-D, since everyone’s already Low 2-C and they all scale to a version of Sonic immensely above his Generations self. The consequences of being a multimedia franchise where everyone has some level of relevancy.

Oh dang, I didn’t even think about this making characters Immeasurable. That might complicate things. I mean I feel like them already being Infinite should mean that Immeasurable wouldn’t be too hard to justify (especially since Sonic technically has his own Immeasurable feat), however I’m not the best with all these higher end mechanics so maybe there’s something I’m missing.
Again, only Shadow and Sonic would likely be the examples of immeasurable speed due to their feats pertaining to Generation and erased time. I still feel like the 1-C tiering wouldn't scale for other characters for the sake of convenience. Maybe at most "Possibly 1-C" for Shadow and Sonic by feats in Generations until other characters perform similar feats of fighting end-game bosses in base form.

No base character can possibly beat or even hurt Solaris due to his physiology.
How did I forget about Solaris?

Again, only Shadow and Sonic would likely be the examples of immeasurable speed due to their feats pertaining to Generation and erased time. I still feel like the 1-C tiering wouldn't scale for other characters for the sake of convenience. Maybe at most "Possibly 1-C" for Shadow and Sonic by feats in Generations until other characters perform similar feats of fighting end-game bosses in base form.
I don’t think it would work that way. If Sonic and Shadow’s ratings change from this (big if, it’s a really wacky and goofy proposal no matter how much evidence supports it) then everyone’s ratings would change. That’s just how it always works. Unless I’m misunderstanding you?

I don’t think it would work that way. If Sonic and Shadow’s ratings change from this (big if, it’s a really wacky and goofy proposal no matter how much evidence supports it) then everyone’s ratings would change. That’s just how it always works. Unless I’m misunderstanding you?
Eh. If Shadow just gets Immeasurable speed and doesn't get 1-C, I'd probably be happy. We're screwed if Solaris somehow gets a boss fight and its base form again, though. If it's Mephiles, good.

I mean, I always kind of figured Sonic, Metal, Shadow, and Silver all ranged into immeasurable (or at least had a shared immeasurable speed outlier) because they all collectively were unaffected by White Space and were comparable to Sonic in speed (which is specifically how Sonic restores space-time in Generations). It really felt like a self explanatory thing.

Though, I suppose with Shadow now also fixing White Space with his own speed, it makes it even more blatant.

Can we just stop downgrading everything for the sake of it?
We have no reason to make this downgrades beyond not wanting to make the characters at the same level of a super form (at least a previous super form power)
We do though. The statements about Metal Overlord are likely only from the limited PoV of Eggman based on what he's seen the Chaos Emeralds capable of

Who is smarter than Eggman appart from tails in this series?
That's not my point. My point is that the Chaos Emeralds never showed any Low 1-C scaling by that point. So why would Eggman factor in the likes of Solaris when saying he doubts even the Chaos Emeralds would be enough, even though nothing like that has appeared yet?

Back