• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
All respect to Mystic, I just find it hard to ignore all the statements of the cast growing strength (be it Sonic, Shadow, Chaos/Emerl via Chaos Emeralds, basically all of Sonic Battle, etc.).

I can understand it to an extent though.

Bruh, what tier would you have the base characters at then?
I mainly use Sonic Prime episode 1, with the creation of Shatterverse. Since that basically blew up the universe, and Sonic withstood that, I put base Sonic characters at Universal-ish (whatever size the universe in Sonic may be).

Before Sonic Prime, I mainly scaled the base cast to SCR-HD creating that stars and galaxy-containing black hole at the end of Zero Gravity. I still do buy that, but, I now feel the Shatterverse feat is a higher level than that.

I don't buy Base Shadow being anywhere near Metal Overlord's level. I think it might an outlier,all around. Unless you believe some random floating cylinders are somehow complex-multi.

VERY nice Supporting Me arrange though.

I don't buy Base Shadow being anywhere near Metal Overlord's level. I think it might an outlier,all around. Unless you believe some random floating cylinders are somehow complex-multi.

VERY nice Supporting Me arrange though.
Metal Overlord shouldn't be complex multi in the first place. I always found the argument for it to be sus

I'm pretty sure Madness has the same wings. And I think he even flies in that boss fight as well, he just isn't flying around the place like Overlord. He's hovering in place, from what it looks like.

I'm pretty sure Madness has the same wings.
No
latest

I find off the fact that we have to downgrade the characters so the scaling chain makes sense, it only makes sense for classic characters.
dowgrading this guys just because you found the scaling off sounds like a big bias, specially if we are still thinking in the chaos emeralds having varied power (which only works if we assume Sonic is having a bad performance almost all the time, which sounds even more stupid)

You know now that I think about it why do we assume super Sonic's power can only be at two specific levels rather than anywhere in between full power and his standard level of strength. After all it's a big strech to just assume the emeralds were at their absolute limit against metal overlord instead of for example at most 2-C like the egg salamander or any other tier below 1-C by virtue of how a varies rating works.

That said I think we should downgrade metal overlord to low 2-C but add a possibly far higher rating to any low 2-C who fought super Sonic to account for the varies rating.

You know now that I think about it why do we assume super Sonic's power can only be at two specific levels rather than anywhere in between full power and his standard level of strength. After all it's a big strech to just assume the emeralds were at their absolute limit against metal overlord instead of for example at most 2-C like the egg salamander or any other tier below 1-C by virtue of how a varies rating works.

That said I think we should downgrade metal overlord to low 2-C but add a possibly far higher rating to any low 2-C who fought super Sonic to account for the varies rating.
If Sonic fights against Egg salamander with help, why would he use his lowest end of power?

I do feel it would be odd for Super, thus the Emeralds, to not be full power against Overlord, since it seems they felt 3 Super beings would be needed to take them down.

Eggman also directly comments the Emeralds straight up might not be enough. Not “Super Sonic at THIS level,” but that the Emeralds, in their entirety, are potentially not strong enough to beat Metal.

I do feel it would be odd for Super, thus the Emeralds, to not be full power against Overlord, since it seems they felt 3 Super beings would be needed to take them down.
I don't know if they brought 3 super forms to fight out of necessity or convenience though. After all more back up is always a good thing regardless of the opponent.

Back