• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Let me guess, you got this from Reddit? It's so weird to me....Sonic just does not have any scalers that don't downplay him or the franchise. But regardless, I'm assuming this comment is basically denouncing Kishimoto's statement even though next to nothing suggests that Kishimoto was using the terminology "death" to describe your average eldritch horror, I mean Jesus he straight up says that The End will appear differently based off how one envisions Death as looking like so

I did, yeah. It's something to pass the boredom. He was basically just trying to prove The End isn't all that. Based on his tone and style of writing, I'm assuming he's part of the Reddit group that believes Solaris is still #1 and The End is nothing but hype.

I did, yeah. It's something to pass the boredom. He was basically just trying to prove The End isn't all that. Based on his tone and style of writing, I'm assuming he's part of the Reddit group that believes Solaris is still #1 and The End is nothing but hype.
I never understood this mentality to be honest. Sonic from Sonic Frontiers is objectively, very obviously, stronger then he was during his 06 days and Super Sonic has already combatted entities who have scaling or feats around Solaris' level like the Time Eater and the Titans. Yet even Sage doubted Super Sonic's ability to defeat a full powered The End, so I don't understand why people think Solaris is still the top dog of who Sonic scales to.

And Ian just states that all the statements about The End given in the battle weren't true and it's totally dead and we shouldn't expect to see it again

All because fans stated to question a purple moon in Superstars lol

Okay either Ian hasn't seen kishimoto's statement about the end, then it is a misunderstanding. If HE did then either (in best case scenario) he is baiting. or (in the worst case scenario) he genuinely doesn't really want to agree with kishimoto.

I never understood this mentality to be honest. Sonic from Sonic Frontiers is objectively, very obviously, stronger then he was during his 06 days and Super Sonic has already combatted entities who have scaling or feats around Solaris' level like the Time Eater and the Titans. Yet even Sage doubted Super Sonic's ability to defeat a full powered The End, so I don't understand why people think Solaris is still the top dog of who Sonic scales to.

Simple. Sonic and Co. Failed to stop Solaris, they needed to reset everything. So, of course, Solaris is still the strongest. He also has the best visually feat and for many, visuals are the most important thing.

The Titans and The End never destroyed universes on-screen. So, to people, they aren't that strong. (Doesn't help that Ian claimed Solaris is the most powerful)

Simple. Sonic and Co. Failed to stop Solaris, they needed to reset everything. So, of course, Solaris is still the strongest. He also has the best visually feat and for many, visuals are the most important thing.

The Titans and The End never destroyed universes on-screen. So, to people, they aren't that strong. (Doesn't help that Ian claimed Solaris is the most powerful)
I hate the "Muh Visuals" shit tbh.

the stupid ''needing three super forms''aparently,or the fact that solaris is omnipresent (even if that literraly does not gonna give him a big advantage in power at all)

The funniest thing is that he himself has no visual feats, because literally everything comes from the staments information that Eggman says, because visually, he literally just destroys a city.

I genuinely don't see how The End was being arrogant to be honest, it seemed more like The End was telling Sonic exactly what it is and what it does while questioning why Sonic continues to fight against it in an act which it considers to be futile.

I like Ian Flynn as a writer, and some of the shit he says is insightful, but his power scaling takes are either terrible or are contradicted in his own story which he wrote

Yeah I'm just taking all this with the tiniest possible grain of salt until Ian's words are actually confirmed (if they ever are)

Likely because The End refers to Sonic as a gnat and the likes. That doesn't even make sense, it just means it was getting angry.

But I still don't see how that sort of arrogance means it's making all this stuff up about avatars and cosmic order and whatnot.
Nah see I'm very arrogant too, I've got a boatload of avatars that'll take you out into a back alley, jump you, and steal all your belongings

If Flynn is correct, however, Sonic can kill a being by killing their avatar
Keeps reminding me of this thread:

At least some of it had to be true, the overall game has themes of defying causality and fate,
Yeah the JP stuff all but cemented Super Sonic's Type 4 Acausality with all the stuff of defying fate and causality.

Too bad Type 4 Acasuality might get severely nerfed soon.

Iirc the Type 4 nerf would limit it to resistances and the likes shown in the verse. So for Sonic, it'd at least be semi-decent RIP a lot of other verses tho

A little late, but opinions on Superstars? It was... surprising to me atleast, it was like... a bag, an endless bag, said bag had more bags inside.

Likely because The End refers to Sonic as a gnat and the likes. That doesn't even make sense, it just means it was getting angry.

But I still don't see how that sort of arrogance means it's making all this stuff up about avatars and cosmic order and whatnot.
I mean if you were the embodiment of death and this blue furred rodent is trying to go against the cosmic order and interfering in your plans, you'd probably call Sonic a gnat as well.

But you know it's so perplexing to me that the English version tries to downplay The End's claims as being arrogance while the Japanese version full on embraces it and takes it very seriously, I guess Japan agrees more with cosmic level Sonic the Hedgehog then Ian Flynn ever will

Iirc the Type 4 nerf would limit it to resistances and the likes shown in the verse. So for Sonic, it'd at least be semi-decent RIP a lot of other verses tho
Tbf I kinda agree with @Bobsican and others that type 4 did give too much for rather superfluous means of getting it (like being able to move in a place where time and events flows differently or being able to experience time differently from everyone else is fine and all but getting a bunch of resistances from it like being resistant to precognition, causality manipulation, fate manipulation, etc did feel somewhat too generous).

If resistances are granted on a case by case now, then I'm all for it.

Yeah the JP stuff all but cemented Super Sonic's Type 4 Acausality with all the stuff of defying fate and causality.

Too bad Type 4 Acasuality might get severely nerfed soon.
the standard that are being set will barely affect the type 4 super's have

I mean if you were the embodiment of death and this blue furred rodent is trying to go against the cosmic order and interfering in your plans, you'd probably Sonic a gnat as well.

But you know it's so perplexing to me that the English version tries to downplay The End's claims as being arrogance while the Japanese version full on embraces it and takes it very seriously, I guess Japan agrees more with cosmic level Sonic the Hedgehog then Ian Flynn ever will
This is same guy who confirmed concepts (in a abstract manor) exist in the Sonic franchise, confirmed Archie Sonicverse still had a infinite Multiverse post-SGW, doesn't really see a major power difference between Game and Archie Sonic, sees Prime as Canon (where Sonic survives ground zero of the Paradox Prism shattering) and has twice admitted to trolling power-scalers (I would do the same if I was in his position).

The day peeps stop using WoG to upgrade or downgrade verses (especially with leading questions), is the day the power-scaling community becomes more reputable (even if by a small amount). Repeat with me; WoG should only be used as a supporting argument at best.

This is same guy who confirmed concepts (in a abstract manor) exist in the Sonic franchise, confirmed Archie Sonicverse still had a infinite Multiverse post-SGW, doesn't really see a major power difference between Game and Archie Sonic, sees Prime as Canon (where Sonic survives ground zero of the Paradox Prism shattering) and has twice admitted to trolling power-scalers (I would do the same if I was in his position).

The day peeps stop using WoG to upgrade or downgrade verses (especially with leading questions), is the day the power-scaling community becomes more reputable (even if by a small amount). Repeat with me; WoG should only be used as a supporting argument at best.
Those are all very solid points admittedly, I guess I got caught up over some of the things he's said that I forgot all the useful info he's provided in the past.

That just means though that people REALLY need to stop asking Ian Flynn power scaling questions and just ask him normal questions, because there seems to be a concerningly big chunk of Sonic fans that see Ian only as a means of proving or disproving something

That just means though that people REALLY need to stop asking Ian Flynn power scaling questions and just ask him normal questions, because there seems to be a concerningly big chunk of Sonic fans that see Ian only as a means of proving or disproving something
the normal questions are more like ''what will you do with''or something like that

Why are y'all assuming The End is gone when Ian has zero say in whether or not that's the case? Lmao
Chaos was the only recurring villain character other than Eggman and Metal Sonic, games-wise (I do not really know nor care why the Deadly Six is still in IDW)... Nobody else returned, why would The End come back when, functionally, it is Dark Gaia but on a cosmic scale, is sapient, and maybe won't take a million years to come back? Yeah, sure, Sticks is back now but that's probably just for Modern Sonic Superstars Heroes Advance-ture 4 or to put her in IDW

Although, if Ian's in charge of the story where The End is forced to come back as per Sega mandate, he's probably going to unsatisfactorily kill it off again because, evidenced by his tweets, he doesn't really like it all that much and much prefers it being gone. And then make up a Dark Gaia reason for it to not be his problem if it ever does return after this hypothetical first return

There is a possibility that it can come back because SEGA said so, yes, but in turn there is also a possibility that whatever it does won't matter because it'll be the equivalent of Garlic Jr. for Sonic. Or maybe even Chaos in Forces. Imagine The End getting this new avatar and then getting one-shot by Someone the Game Exclusive Character just like how Trip one-shot the Fang Mecha in a single cutscene

Last edited:
Although, if Ian's in charge of the story where The End is forced to come back as per Sega mandate, he's probably going to unsatisfactorily kill it off again because, evidenced by his tweets, he doesn't really like it all that much and much prefers it being gone. And then make up a Dark Gaia reason for it to not be his problem if it ever does return
Not going to lie; I think after reading Scrapnik Island and some of the recent IDW arcs, I would totally be down for SEGA giving either Daniel Barnes or Evan Stanley a chance to write for a mainline Sonic story. Like Ian's great, don't get me wrong, but I think Evan and Daniel are just as capable story and characterization wise while adding their own uniqueness to Sonic.

It's probably never going to happen if Ian's the one SEGA wants to write their Sonic stories for but a guy could dream, I suppose

We are getting close to the end!

Knuckles is so gullible that not even a Chaos emerald can save him lol

He, too, apparently has a Chaos Emerald that has mutated into a “championship belt,” but even with that power, he showed no sign of regaining his memory when he saw Sonic and Tails.

“Why is that? There’s a Chaos Emerald signature and everything.”

“He’s a gullible guy to begin with, and maybe the anomaly has a strong influence on him… Oh well, just watch this! A little blow to his hard head will make him remember.”

The overload between the original reality and the new ones generated by the Phantom Ruby are creating energy enough to destroy the planet four times.

The planet of Sonic and his friends was forced by the Phantom Ruby weapons to overwrite the myriad of otherworldly impressions held by various people in their own cognition. The discrepancy between the planet’s own original reality and this otherworldly reality was overloading the planet, causing it to generate enormous amounts of energy.

“In other words… I guess you could call it ‘cognitive friction energy’… It was Eggman’s goal to snatch it from all over the world!”

Just as Tails was finishing his explanation, the three of them landed at the bottom of the cavity, on the plate of the giant parabolic antenna, and looked up in silence.

The “cognitive friction energy” flying in from all over the world was received by this antenna, reflected gently, and gathered at the tip of the glass tower in the center. The energy that converged there was then seen to descend intermittently and be stored in succession in the bulging portion at the base of the tower.

“Man, he’s still the best at pulling off petty and flashy stunts, isn’t he?”

“Yeah. He’s like an annoyance walking around with clothes on.”

Sonic and Knuckles are both stunned, on the one hand smiling sarcastically, on the other hand unable to hide their frustration.

“Look at the base of the tower! There’s so much energy gathered there that it warps the space around it… It’s enough power to destroy this planet four times over!”

hg

We are getting close to the end!

Knuckles is so gullible that not even a Chaos emerald can save him lol

He, too, apparently has a Chaos Emerald that has mutated into a “championship belt,” but even with that power, he showed no sign of regaining his memory when he saw Sonic and Tails.

“Why is that? There’s a Chaos Emerald signature and everything.”

“He’s a gullible guy to begin with, and maybe the anomaly has a strong influence on him… Oh well, just watch this! A little blow to his hard head will make him remember.”
I can't understand why SEGA insists on constantly depicting Knuckles as being very gullible. Like I get that Knuckles is not really a social butterfly by any stretch of the imagination and he was tricked a few times by Eggman, but that was when he was YOUNGER. At this point after many adventures and fighting against a variety of foes, and even if he's not always going to be the sharpest tool, Knuckles should've grown past his gullible phase.

Then again this is the same SEGA who thinks that Shadow is basically Sonic's Vegeta so I'm not terribly surprised, still frustrating but not surprising.

Back