• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m not sure if parallel is in terms of in-universe or as a meta sense, but since Boom is referenced in the TailsTube maybe it can work.

I’m not sure if parallel is in terms of in-universe or as a meta sense, but since Boom is referenced in the TailsTube maybe it can work.
I think it’s both. It’s stated to be a parallel Sonic universe and then it’s stated that the varieties of modern, classic and boom happily coexist. I don’t think they could coexist and be a parallel universe to each other if they weren’t in the same cosmology.

And Ian just states that all the statements about The End given in the battle weren't true and it's totally dead and we shouldn't expect to see it again

All because fans stated to question a purple moon in Superstars lol

And Ian just states that all the statements about The End given in the battle weren't true and it's totally dead and we shouldn't expect to see it again

That's honestly disappointing

I would've liked to see The End return though, especially with the implications that this is just a single incarnation of it and thus taking it out doesn't actually defeat The End for good. I liked The End as a sort of "force of nature" type of antagonist

It wasn’t at full strength why wasn’t it at full strength? Supreme was stated by The End to be the avatar of its return. I’m going to need some evidence.
The cutscene before the fight with The End in base Frontiers literally says that if The End were to recover its full strength, Super Sonic would be unable to stop it. They had to chase it into space before it regained its full power

The cutscene before the fight with The End in base Frontiers literally says that if The End were to recover its full strength, Super Sonic would be unable to stop it. They had to chase it into space before it regained its full power
No, it said if The End were to regain its true form that Super Sonic would be unable to stop it, not that it lacked its full strength and it’s implied in JP version that the purple moon we see is its true form.

If the intention was that all the statements from The End are not true then why put them in, Ian? I like your writing and the characterization you've presented throughout the years, but shit like that is just stupid.

Also it sucks that The End isn't coming back, because I feel like The End could've been a fantastic opportunity to further explore Sonic and the Black Knight's themes of the inevitability of death and living life to the fullest since The End is literally the Sonic franchise's incarnation of Death and it could've been a chance to delve into some more philosophical aspects? I don't know, I guess I'm just disappointed that there's nothing more that will be done and I hate it.

No, it said if The End were to regain its true form that Super Sonic would be unable to stop it, not that it lacked its full strength and it’s implied in JP version that the purple moon we see is its true form.
Yeah, and what we see is explicitly not The End's true form. The End literally calls it "this incarnation" and states "no matter what form I take"

If the intention was that all the statements from The End are not true then why put them in, Ian? I like your writing and the characterization you've presented throughout the years, but shit like that is just stupid.

Also it sucks that The End isn't coming back, because I feel like The End could've been a fantastic opportunity to further explore Sonic and the Black Knight's themes of the inevitability of death and living life to the fullest since The End is literally the Sonic franchise's incarnation of Death and it could've been a chance to delve into some more philosophical aspects? I don't know, I guess I'm just disappointed that there's nothing more that will be done and I hate it.
Considering he was completely unware of when fans asked about this after Kishimoto's livestream, I'm almost sure either Kishimoto made the whole Death/Causality angle while working on the Japanese script, wasn't a setting he shared with Ian, or just Ian saw that and thought it was all pure hype with no meaning behind it.

Yeah, and what we see is explicitly not The End's true form. The End literally calls it "this incarnation" and states "no matter what form I take"
That’s the thing, it is his true form. Sage said that it’s going into space to regain its true form, we see in Sonic Superstars that The End’s moon form is in space so put two and two together and you’ll find that The End’s purest form is that moon and it not being its true form would contradict Ian’s statement that it’s gone so the best conclusion is that Sonic beat The End’s true form.

Merlina, Dr. Gerald, Black Doom, and Erazor Djinn. These guys had actual character to them.
1.ok,still don't see a comparison to the end,considering one is a true villain,the other is just a extremist.
2.not counting has a villain either,just a character.
3.don't know anything about him.
4.He is literally an idiot who wants to dominate reality and that's it.

Considering he was completely unware of when fans asked about this after Kishimoto's livestream, I'm almost sure either Kishimoto made the whole Death/Causality angle while working on the Japanese script, wasn't a setting he shared with Ian, or just Ian saw that and thought it was all pure hype with no meaning behind it.
I guess that makes sense, though at the same time I can't imagine why Ian wouldn't know what Kishimoto is putting in considering that Kishimoto is the director and probably communicates with the American localization team and writers. But what do I know? Clearly Ian's intentions are beyond our understanding, and the things he says can either benefit or harm Sonic as a whole

That’s the thing, it is his true form. Sage said that it’s going into space to regain its true form, we see in Sonic Superstars that The End’s moon form is in space so put two and two together and you’ll find that The End’s purest form is that moon and it not being its true form would contradict Ian’s statement that it’s gone so the best conclusion is that Sonic beat The End’s true form.
Sage says "before it regains its full strength" right before the fight.

There are so many things wrong with this assertion...

I guess that makes sense, though at the same time I can't imagine why Ian wouldn't know what Kishimoto is putting in considering that Kishimoto is the director and probably communicates with the American localization team and writers. But what do I know? Clearly Ian's intentions are beyond our understanding, and the things he says can either benefit or harm Sonic as a whole
Strangely there have been a lot of strange things from Frontier Ian was completely unaware of. Like the line about the multiple tribes of Ancients with different physical forms, he just said "I have no idea. I didn't write that".

Strangely there have been a lot of strange things from Frontier Ian was completely unaware of. Like the line about the multiple tribes of Ancients with different physical forms, he just said "I have no idea. I didn't write that".
Wait seriously? I get that the American and Japanese scripts are different from each other on purpose, the American script appealing to Sonic fans while the Japanese script is for new fans, but I would've expected that both teams would've been given some bullet points of things about the story or lore that are to be added to both scripts. Maybe it's because I'm not a game writer or know how localization works, but it just seems weird that Ian wouldn't know stuff like this if he's likely communicating with SEGA and Sonic Team on the clock

Ian isn't the one who decides if The End will come back or not. That's Sega.

As a villain, The End reminds me a lot of Invictus from Final Space. An ancient evil god sealed away that uses puppets and manipulation to break its restraints and earn freedom.

Imagine a fight with The End's true form, and it keeps shapeshifting, because how we perceive death is something that varies at the drop of a hat and is perhaps even incomprehensible to us

Wait seriously? I get that the American and Japanese scripts are different from each other on purpose, the American script appealing to Sonic fans while the Japanese script is for new fans, but I would've expected that both teams would've been given some bullet points of things about the story or lore that are to be added to both scripts.
At first I thought that was the case, but after a few Bumblekast it seems there are lines in the English script that weren't written by Ian and he has no idea where they came from, even voiced ones. Like one that Sonic mentions Silver and the idea of time traveling to undo what happend to the Koco.

There are so many things wrong with this assertion...
They failed to stop that and so they had to fight The End.

Contradicts the story, I’m not paying attention to that.

It calls it’s moon form an incarnation, that means it’s an embodiment of what it’s supposed to be.

It calls it’s moon form an incarnation, that means it’s an embodiment of what it’s supposed to be.
Not necessarily the true form. It's very common for the incarnation or embodiment of something to be a form something takes to interact with a physical shape, but not being it. Like in Digimon, Yggdrasil 7D6 is literally called the Embodiment/Incarnation of Yggdrasil, and yet it's very clearly not the true form and it's a big plot point that it's not.

They failed to stop that and so they had to fight The End.
Headcanon
Contradicts the story, I’m not paying attention to that.
No, it does not. It contradicts your headcanon, and you're thus ignoring it to suit said headcanon

It could simply be that your assertion is wrong. I'd take the director's word over yours, especially given that Ian isn't the one who decides whether or not The End returns
Yes, it calls its moon form an incarnation, and then says "no matter what form I take"

The moon form is not its true form.

Doesn't say anything about its true form though

You're literally going against what the director is stating based on headcanon
Because it doesn’t have a true form

The director’s statement is a contradiction to the story. The End clearly looks the same to everyone going by the Japanese version and that’s why Sage tells Eggman that “another moon will appear” and Sonic was listening as well, there’s no indication in story that The End looked different to Sonic and others, the odds that the Ancients, Sage and Eggman all had the same view of death is unlikely.

Imagine a fight with The End's true form, and it keeps shapeshifting, because how we perceive death is something that varies at the drop of a hat and is perhaps even incomprehensible to us
Dude, I don't know where it is but I swear to all that is holy that there was a comic someone where it shows how Sonic saw The End and his perception of death made him see The End as Merlina. It was such an interesting take on Kishimoto's statement and I wish I knew the comic was, probably somewhere on Twitter but I don't want to look super deep into it to find it

Because it doesn’t have a true form

The director’s statement is a contradiction to the story. The End clearly looks the same to everyone going by the Japanese version and that’s why Sage tells Eggman that “another moon will appear” and Sonic was listening as well, there’s no indication in story that The End looked different to Sonic and others, the odds that the Ancients, Sage and Eggman all had the same view of death is unlikely.
Here's a very simple solution to this problem you've created:

The moon form is simply not its true form

Dude, I don't know where it is but I swear to all that is holy that there was a comic someone where it shows how Sonic saw The End and his perception of death made him see The End as Merlina. It was such an interesting take on Kishimoto's statement and I wish I knew the comic was, probably somewhere on Twitter but I don't want to look super deep into it to find it
Yo hold on that sounds kind of insane-

Back