• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I can't understand why SEGA insists on constantly depicting Knuckles as being very gullible. Like I get that Knuckles is not really a social butterfly by any stretch of the imagination and he was tricked a few times by Eggman, but that was when he was YOUNGER. At this point after many adventures and fighting against a variety of foes, and even if he's not always going to be the sharpest tool, Knuckles should've grown past his gullible phase.

Then again this is the same SEGA who thinks that Shadow is basically Sonic's Vegeta so I'm not terribly surprised, still frustrating but not surprising.
Maybe it's a blessing most fans don't know about those stories tbh. Personally I've always preferred certain fan interpretations of Sonic characters over most official content for several years now (helps they don't have to worry about some Sega suit forcing them to write a character certain way).

Although, if Ian's in charge of the story where The End is forced to come back as per Sega mandate, he's probably going to unsatisfactorily kill it off again because, evidenced by his tweets, he doesn't really like it all that much and much prefers it being gone.
If The End comes back, it also won't be up to Ian on how it will be defeated or not.

People need to realize Ian only wrote (part of) the english dialogue. All of Frontiers concepts like Starfall Islands, the Ancients, Sage and The End were made by Sega, and they decide on what to use or not in the future, not Ian.

I may be in the minority, but I honestly want The End to be explored more in future games. Apparently people aren't too big on the idea, but I think it could be great, and I'm also just a sucker for "force of nature" type villains
SAME.

I want him to return!

Maybe he could make an avatar of himself that looks like Mephiles except based on Sonic's body and not Shadow's (and with purple stripes instead of blue), that'd be cool.

SAME.

I want him to return!

Maybe he could make an avatar of himself that looks like Mephiles except based on Sonic's body and not Shadow's (and with purple stripes instead of blue), that'd be cool.
Actually there's a pretty sick fan art of The End that takes on the physical form of a rabbit, like the Rabbit on the Moon, with a scythe which I think really invokes grim reaper vibes. It'd be pretty cool if The End took that form normally but, when enraged or wanting to get serious, takes on a more eldritch form to invoke the force of nature vibe it has.
FuVzUvmWwAA26jb.jpg

I got a fun, but potentially toxic, question for anyone on the Sonic Discussion Thread:

What's a hot take you have on the power scaling of the series which, depending on the take, could lead to upgrades or downgrades for the series? It doesn't matter if it comes from the games, cartoons, movies, or comics...if it's related to Sonic then it should count.

I got a fun, but potentially toxic, question for anyone on the Sonic Discussion Thread:

What's a hot take you have on the power scaling of the series which, depending on the take, could lead to upgrades or downgrades for the series? It doesn't matter if it comes from the games, cartoons, movies, or comics...if it's related to Sonic then it should count.
Game Solaris is 5-D/Low 1-C.

Plain and simple.

I've had something in the back of my mind that, if accepted, would mean Tier 1 for the game series

However, I won't elaborate further, because if I plan to bring it up it won't be for a while
Cook.

I think base Sonic being above tier 4 is a stretch and I think the use of multipliers makes the base casts speed higher than it should be (I have the same issue with Dragon Ball), I also think the lifting strength ratings are pretty whack. Super forms are generally where I'd place them.

Also issues with invulnerability but that's not a hot take for Sonic specifically I just think the ability is misused as a whole for almost every verse (Also doesn't affect stats at all so dunno wouldn't really affect the power scaling of the series besides just making the Super forms extra durable and certain bosses like Dark Gaia extra strong).

REALLY NOW? I know that there are arguments for beyond 5-D Archie thanks to things like the Next Evolution and Maginaryworld,
For Maginaryworld amd the cosmology as a whole, the biggest issue of getting past 5-D is proving Aleph-1 amount of universes. If that can be proven, that makes the cosmology Low 1-C (5-D) by default. Problem is that doing so without explicit statements of uncountable infinity is a challenge. Luckily for the Archie bros, I live for a challenge.
but I'll patiently wait for anything to come out of that because it sounds super spicy and something to shake up things
Huehuehue

For Maginaryworld amd the cosmology as a whole, the biggest issue of getting past 5-D is proving Aleph-1 amount of universes. If that can be proven, that makes the cosmology Low 1-C (5-D) by default. Problem is that doing so without explicit statements of uncountable infinity is a challenge. Luckily for the Archie bros, I live for a challenge.

Huehuehue
Any idea when this 1-C Archie revision will come out?

Sonic X had the best and most consistent power creep/power levels in the entire franchise. S1 ended with a localized threat, S2 ended with a world ending threat and S3 ended with a galaxy to universe ending threat. Perfect narrative stakes imo.

As for downgrades or upgrades, I feel chaos emerald scaling has gone outta of control (still not a fan of L2-C base forms in the games or Archie comics). Even tier 4 base forms (game's wise) is still kinda shaky for me.

I don't like anything past 4-A Base for Game, but I've learned to begrudgingly tolerate Low 2-C thanks to Clover. 5-A to Low 4-C was the sweet spot for me though, I enjoyed that a lot.

Before ElixirBlue solidified Low 2-C Base for Archie, I was actually preparing for a High 7-A+ downgrade for the verse which would've been a lot more fun for matches but eh

I actually agree with the CE thing though, even single CE have 2-B to 2-A scaling and it makes it tricky deciding where the characters should go. But it has basically nothing to do with the Uni+ rating so, eh

memerlordtrapgamer's logic on how Archie's cosmology would work (in his CSAP Archie Sonic profile):
if extra-dimensional worlds exist,and there is infinite possibilities of variations in the multiverse,then there is infinite extra-dimensional wordls,AKA,infinite dimensions,aka,high 1-B

Game Super Sonic could be 1-A on CSAP honestly
He already is

Immeasurable Base is really not as far fetched as some would make it out to be.

Back