• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Honestly if Maginaryworld was just Uni size and not multiverse sized there would be a pretty decent amount of consistency for Uni base at this point.

Honestly if Maginaryworld was just Uni size and not multiverse sized there would be a pretty decent amount of consistency for Uni base at this point.
If you're gonna have a world where every ambition, dreams, desire are Universe sized and contain dreams from people from other dimensions, you are never gonna be just Universal+

A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶ ̶̶̶m̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶?̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶t̶̶̶'̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶d̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶s̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶t̶̶̶.̶̶̶

If you're gonna have a world where every ambition, dreams, desire are Universe sized and contain dreams from people from other dimensions, you are never gonna be just Universal+

A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶ ̶̶̶m̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶?̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶t̶̶̶'̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶d̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶s̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶t̶̶̶.̶̶̶
Like under the context Maginaryworld is just Uni size

-Sonic scales to Void who could destroy all of it
-Sonic downscales Dark Queen due to surviving a beating from her that was intended to kill him and remained on his feet.
-Sonic defeats Perfect Chaos
-Sonic defeats Phantom Ruby amped machines that can create universes.

Like under the context Maginaryworld is just Uni size

-Sonic scales to Void who could destroy all of it
-Sonic downscales Dark Queen due to surviving a beating from her that was intended to kill him and remained on his feet.
-Sonic defeats Perfect Chaos
-Sonic defeats Phantom Ruby amped machines that can create universes.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

-He still scales regardless if Maginary is Uni or Multi, otherwise why would Illumina call for him and his friends to beat up Void? Call this an outlier if you want.
- Dark Queen still beaten him up pretty badly, she would scale regardless, plus she still held her own against Excalibur.
Not killing him ≠ Not scaling, it is clear Sonic was inferior, he just has good durability and willpower.
-Valid, it makes sense.
-This is true (the star doesn't debunk anything, the star is just one by name and is created by the ruby, hence it would scale higher due to being a creation of it)

I’m saying Base Sonic could downscale from DQ, he blocked a strike from her ghost sword avatar briefly, and he survived a beating from Deathcalibur’s ghost swords that are used in the final boss against Excalibur, but remains conscious (unlike Time Eater or the Titans that one/two-shot him casually).

I’m saying Base Sonic could downscale from DQ, he blocked a strike from her ghost sword avatar briefly, and he survived a beating from Deathcalibur’s ghost swords that are used in the final boss against Excalibur, but remains conscious (unlike Time Eater or the Titans that one/two-shot him casually).
What do you mean by downscale? Of course Base Sonic is weaker than DQ? Can you explain again

What do you mean by downscale? Of course Base Sonic is weaker than DQ? Can you explain again
I mean that despite base Sonic being weaker than Dark Queen, he was still capable of surviving multiple hits that were intended to kill him (Dark Queen explicitly says “it’s time to end this.”), said hits coming from the same Deathcalibur blades Dark Queen uses in her boss fight, and Caliburn/Sonic can block a hit from Dark Queen briefly that was also intended to kill Sonic. Kind of the same logic used to downscale Mewtwo from Zygarde, and it’s different from similar instances where Sonic takes hits from transformation tier characters, because usually they one or two-shot him casually, while Merlina trying to kill base Sonic repeatedly still resulted in him staying conscious and getting up, showing he isn’t totally one-shot by her.

I mean that despite base Sonic being weaker than Dark Queen, he was still capable of surviving multiple hits that were intended to kill him (Dark Queen explicitly says “it’s time to end this.”), said hits coming from the same Deathcalibur blades Dark Queen uses in her boss fight, and Caliburn/Sonic can block a hit from Dark Queen briefly that was also intended to kill Sonic. Kind of the same logic used to downscale Mewtwo from Zygarde, and it’s different from similar instances where Sonic takes hits from transformation tier characters, because usually they one or two-shot him casually, while Merlina trying to kill base Sonic repeatedly still resulted in him staying conscious and getting up, showing he isn’t totally one-shot by her.
Well, despite this DQ is still able to harm Excalibur, and Sonic had to get up close in order to do any damage. So I don't believe a downscale is necessary.

Huh, that's neat. Not sure how useful the spindash will be in a game that has the boost tho.
They could give the Spin Dash its own momentum system as a sort of trial version regarding momentum as a whole for future titles (because I doubt something as big as momentum for an entire game would be relegated to an update). Hell, being able to stack the Boost on top sounds like we'd get a finalized version of the infinite Spin Dash from Lost World.

They could give the Spin Dash its own momentum system as a sort of trial version regarding momentum as a whole for future titles (because I doubt something as big as momentum for an entire game would be relegated to an update). Hell, being able to stack the Boost on top sounds like we'd get a finalized version of the infinite Spin Dash from Lost World.
what is that ''infinite spin dash''from lost world?

In Sonic Lost World, the Spindash works like a pseudo Sonic Boost, except it doesn't have a meter and doesn't run out.

Scale Dark Gaia to The End based on Tails’ statement.
no,because that will mean that somehow,Tails is smarter than a entity so old that even the ancient(more intelligent)could not counterattack,even when eggman says they are superior than any civilization he knows

From a narrative standpoint, Tails only states that the power The End was outputting was on Dark Gaia's level, "easy". This doesn't elevate Dark Gaia to The End's level, it showcases how formidable The End is.

And considering a single concentrated laser swipe from it can butcher a planet simply due to sheer size of the blast, it's not surprising why they chose Dark Gaia as a benchmark. Dark Gaia is the most blatant threat on a planetary scale in the franchise to Ian. Why not hype up the big bad with it from a writer's perspective?

From a narrative standpoint, Tails only states that the power The End was outputting was on Dark Gaia's level, "easy". This doesn't elevate Dark Gaia to The End's level, it showcases how formidable The End is.

And considering a single concentrated laser swipe from it can butcher a planet simply due to sheer size of the blast, it's not surprising why they chose Dark Gaia as a benchmark. Dark Gaia is the most blatant threat on a planetary scale in the franchise to Ian. Why not hype up the big bad with it from a writer's perspective?
Sonic's planet has the energy to power the chaos emeralds, what, planet 2-A for when?

That was meant to be a joke, next time I’ll add copious amounts of “tbh” and “ngl” to make it clearer.
There are people who view Tails' statement as valid grounds for Dark Gaia upscaling from where he's currently at, which I'm neutral on, so I was playing Devil's Advocate. Also just do strikethrough for jokes lol

that wont stop me from wanking scaling them in my follow up thread to the immeasurable one, yeah i have big plans

Back