• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Bob

For story-telling sake, I say nah. Not that you can't tell a story with brokenly overpowered beings and have it be good, but I feel like it'd be harder to do so. Its fine as long as the Tier 1As & 0s aren't in the story too much, otherwise they overshadow everyone else.

I sure will.

Man, I really want to see a tier 0 that isn´t an eldritch abomination or anime-esque

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
@Bob
For story-telling sake, I say nah. Not that you can't tell a story with brokenly overpowered beings and have it be good, but I feel like it'd be harder to do so. Its fine as long as the Tier 1As & 0s aren't in the story too much, otherwise they overshadow everyone else.
I was planning into them being the ones behind the "laws" that a few select ones (And those granted by others with it) can use, which can actually backfire to them if stacked properly with the right ones. And the tier 0 backing up the main cast is a damsel in distress (or at least it pretends to...)

Yeah, I see it working if the character is like that. Kinda like how Whis is more powerful than the rest of the cast, but doesn't actually fight.

They really don´t care nor are even aware of what they actually did when they enacted the "laws of physics" (as they left it vague enought for magic users/reality warpers to exploit over eons), and as the tier 0s are more busy messing around their own "sandbox" and interacting with each other, some "composite hierarchies" like the one some of the main cast reside in simply are left "untouched" for sake of natural containment an preservation, of which there are an infinite amount of.

The plot will start with one of the tier 0s managing to mess such "untouched" places, leading to a mess the main cast will have to fix then find the culprit, only to find out the brother of the main character was the one, and so the big final boss battle ensues.

But even after all of that, the "damsel in distress" will still back you up even if you are erased across "all that meta/infradimensionally there could ever be or not be", as she holds a backup of what she saw thanks to being able to cause a metaspatiotemporal effect that simply rewrites it as if it never happened (thus sending you to the last save point).

MYHERO said:
Bob talked to me before about this and said he's going to base the character off of Law of identity I think.
That´s only in the cosmology itself however, I want to do something that indeed is tier 0, even if not omniscient (which can make the plot better overall without breaking the setting)

I´ll pretty much also pull a Masada so fights involving 1-As don´t turn into "who AP stomps first".

It sure is going to be rough Bob, but so was Umineko at the beginning (Yeesh the art sucked) so if you stick with it and make sure the story and the game is well polished, I think it's gonna be something great in the long run.

I´ll do the actual game hopefully in a few months (as my current computer just sucks for that), just like the actual plot (it just comes to me, I´m easy to get inspired)

For now, I´ll keep drawing character drafts and broken powers.

By the way, the "Law" manip stuff is pretty much what this guy does (obviously more varied and sparce, however), just replace "concept" with "law"

Bobsican said:
But even after all of that, the "damsel in distress" will still back you up even if you are erased across "all that meta/infradimensionally there could ever be or not be", as she holds a backup of what she saw thanks to being able to cause a metaspatiotemporal effect that simply rewrites it as if it never happened (thus sending you to the last save point).
That's actually a really cool idea, not gonna lie.

By the way, how do you "beat" a transdual type 4 character? I´m considering just outerversal Toon Force...

Edit: I got the perfect idea:

The "enforcer" laws that can be simply applied to something within "abstract" perception, which per definition ignores resistances/nature of "being" and allows to simple create a weakness to exploit

It would also allow to replace or even remove "universal constants" that without them the universe would just stop existing, meaning that it can allow for example to replace the "law" of SCP-682 with the concept of "Waffles", which can be an interesting move overall.

Bobsican said:
By the way, how do you "beat" a transdual type 4 character? I´m considering just outerversal Toon Force...
Honestly, potent Reality Warping to make them a part of duality again is all I could solidly come up with.

Your edited suggestion isn't that bad either. We're basically saying the same thing (I think) with the only difference is you're referencing Law Manip and I'm mentioning Reality Warping.

I was considering originally Concept Manip or even Reality Warping back then for the current "law" system, but I noticed "law" was just a better term overall, easy to learn and as a bonus you hardly find someone that resists it (in the site, I mean)

Okay, at last the cosmology is more or less done, the main cast is (hopefully) done, and so all that´s left is add the way the plot starts and the level design at least... Yeah, hopefully in a few months I´ll get at least some tech Demon or something like it done.

Have this here for now:

Iosadoi poster mini

There will be a few more additions to the main cast, but they are still in beta.

One of them is a prince with cockroach wings, yet an "anime-esque" humanoid reptilian physiology.

Another one is a blue ball with a "thunder" tail and "headphones" that loves elemental attacks and "Prevasio"

And the damsel in distress I´ve mentioned before: A cow of red dots instead of black with a "spider" at the top of the tail that´s pink (Also called the Holy Cow at endgame for a reason, India will love her as in that country cows are sacred)

Back