• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Random RWBY CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not hidden behind Discord. It's just way easier to clarify things on discord since the messaging is updated in real-time. In addition, all the points from the discussion need to be brought up here in order for the revision to go through anyway, so it really doesn't change anything.

Anyway the calc needs to be approved by the calc group in order to go through.

How many times are we multiplying this by again?
Weiss uses 8 fireballs in that fight so assuming thats th max amount of dust in her fire dust canister thats 232157826026 joules per as her max output, multiplied by 5 as thats the amount of canisters in the crate we saw opened gives us 1.1607891e+12 joules, 277 tons of TNT

How many times are we multiplying this by again?
1 fireball = 6.9 tons (High 8-C+, scales to haven people I guess)
8 fireballs in one canister = 6.9*8 = 55.2 tons (8-B, doesn't scale to anyone I think)
5 canisters in one crate = 55.2*5 = 276 tons (8-A, scales to Queen Lancer who tanked it, Gigas who killed the Queen Lancer, and then Vernal who one shot the Gigas)
*13 crates = 276*13 = 3588 tons = 3.588 kilotons (Low 7-C, same scaling as 8-A but higher)

So there were 5 canisters of red Dust in 13 crates?
No, absolutely not. Literally impossible. In no universe are there only 5 canisters there. Weiss could be the supidest character in the world and she wouldn't bring 13 crates of dust with only 5 of probably the most widely used and known dust type.

So the 8-A value is honestly impossible to use.

No, absolutely not. Literally impossible. In no universe are there only 5 canisters there. Weiss could be the supidest character in the world and she wouldn't bring 13 crates of dust with only 5 of probably the most widely used and known dust type.
She didnt bring them though, they were the cargo of the pilot's ship

Yes stopping a punch can be used as LS as you stop it's force as we scale lifting strength in metric tons (force)
By that logic, all of the demon slayer characters should be Class M cause they can stop Tanjiro's blade when he swings it.

Stopping the punch means she scales to the Mech's lifting strength. That does not make that calc applicable to be the Mech's lifting strength. In fact, from what I've seen, that specific type of calc is used for AP rather than LS, and the results garnered from Weekly are 9-A. So should anyone that can catch a 9-A character's punch be Class M?

They should, yes
No, they shouldn’t, because scaling LS from single instances of strikes is not logical.
Did you even read or see what is happening in that feat? Wolfram’s metal is that heavy when applying force from its own weight, not from breaking concrete in a single instance.

Neither All Might nor Wolfram are destroyiny anything and then using the force they broke something with to scale from LS. Wolfram is attacking All Might and entering an actual push-struggle with several metal pillars, which, when factoring in speed, produced a certain mass, that All Might held back as it continued to push against him for several seconds.

The issue I have with Yang’s calc is that it assumes the LS from a single instance of striking, not a prolonged one. Wolfram kept pushing in order to exert that force. Roman punched once to break the pillar. If Roman had taken several moments to break through the pillar, then you could argue it would be LS based. But breaking it in a single strike is not indicative of what he can bench press at all.

Roman’s feat is more similar to Tanjiro’s than anything else. A single strike breaks object. That does not translate to lifting strength.

All Might’s feat is a push-contest. Several pillars push against him, he holds them back, their weight is calculated to find what he is holding back.

Those two calcs are not the same at all.

In order for the Yang calc to be similar, Yang would have to be pushing against the Mech for a prolonged period of time; and then you would find the force the Mech is pressing upon her NOT from it breaking concrete, but from its own weight and speed.

Saying those two calcs are the same is big “I didn’t read or see the feat at all” energy btw. Even the methods for finding the LS are incredibly different. I don’t even know how you guys came to that conclusion.

If you'd like i can mak a thread to confirm that Yang's feat is useable, because w hav dozns of verses that all use similar feats, to the point that we literally added Nwtons to the lifting strngth page to mak it easier to understand

Lifting Strength is defined as the mass that an individual can lift on Earth. In other words it measures the amount of upwards force a character can produce. As such appropriate pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic. Telekinesis or other similar abilities must be specifically referred to as separate from physical strength, when used in a lifting feat. Tearing is also included in this category, but it is an unreliable method of calculating overall lifting ability a vast majority of the time. This is because the force used in a tearing motion is much lower than a lift, as a tearing motion uses much fewer muscle groups and is an awkward application of force compared to other movements. Likewise throwing an object a certain height upwards can be used as lifting feats, as these would require greater strength then just lifting the object.

It’s late where I live and I have a massive headache. But I massively disagree with the Lancer’s multipliers. Like currently right now that makes the queen lancer: stronger than the 8-A mech, the Grimm dragon, the Grimm leviathan, and nearly puts it as strong as the maidens. By per scaling alone this is already a mess, but it also ignores what is shown. The explosion the Lancer takes is nowhere close to small town level in any way, shape, or form, but I’m supposed to believe a nearly 100 times multiplier from Weiss’ feat? I have never seen an multiplier so desperately stretched (ignoring dragon ball for obvious reasons, that verse is wanked). Ignoring how some of the multipliers just don’t make sense to me. Tanking 13 identical attacks shouldn’t make you 13 times stronger. If 5 people, all the same strength, punch you at once you don’t tank an attack 5 times stronger than them. You just survive 5 individual attacks. I also don’t get the 8 times multiplier either, it being able to shoot 8 fireballs shouldn’t multiple it, by that logic whenever a wizard cast a spell we would multiply their ap by how many times they could cast the spell. We don’t do that, so I don’t see why we times these canisters.

Though, note, I’m tired, annoyed, have a headache, and am currently doing school work. So I’m not going to be back for a while, and this is probably the worst time to say this. I just couldn’t stop myself, I needed to get this off my chest.

Lifting Strength is defined as the mass that an individual can lift on Earth. In other words it measures the amount of upwards force a character can produce. As such appropriate pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic. Telekinesis or other similar abilities must be specifically referred to as separate from physical strength, when used in a lifting feat. Tearing is also included in this category, but it is an unreliable method of calculating overall lifting ability a vast majority of the time. This is because the force used in a tearing motion is much lower than a lift, as a tearing motion uses much fewer muscle groups and is an awkward application of force compared to other movements. Likewise throwing an object a certain height upwards can be used as lifting feats, as these would require greater strength then just lifting the object.
I have no issue with scaling Yang to the Mech via stopping its punch, thats obvious.

I have issue with saying the Mech has that lifting strength because it was NOT a push or pull. It was a punch, which I'm certain was agreed to no longer count for LS.

It’s late where I live and I have a massive headache. But I massively disagree with the Lancer’s multipliers. Like currently right now that makes the queen lancer: stronger than the 8-A mech, the Grimm dragon, the Grimm leviathan, and nearly puts it as strong as the maidens.
Im not sure you understand how big the gap betwen all of those characters is. The gap between th Queen Lancer and the Leviathan is a bit over 10x, the dragon is over 25x, and the Maidens are ****** City level now, the Queen Lancer is nowhere near as strong as any of them.
Tanking 13 identical attacks shouldn’t make you 13 times stronger. If 5 people, all the same strength, punch you at once you don’t tank an attack 5 times stronger than them. You just survive 5 individual attacks. I also don’t get the 8 times multiplier either, it being able to shoot 8 fireballs shouldn’t multiple it, by that logic whenever a wizard cast a spell we would multiply their ap by how many times they could cast the spell. We don’t do that, so I don’t see why we times these canisters.
Its not tanking 13 separate attacks, its tanking 13 bombs combined into a single bomb. This is literally how Tons of TNT measurement works irl, just piling TNT on to make bigger explosions

In the case of Fire Dust its essentially like dynamite, if you take a stick of dynamite and tak all the nitroglycerin out of it and separate it into 8 piles and set them off, the explosions will be smaller, but if you combine them into one stick the explosion is stronger. Combine multiple sticks of dynamite together and the explosion is even stronger. Its the same principle here.

The maidens are city level with their powers. In base they are town level. I have no clue where you are getting the leviathan being 10 times stronger. Based off the multiplier posted earlier it’s at most 3 times stronger and likely weaker as its 8-A and it says the lancer can be low 7-C.

The Grimm dragon would definitely still be stronger, but by a somewhat small amount, yeah 25 times may seem big, but the next best feats are vastly lower and preformed by a Grimm of comparable class (the next best feat is 8-A and performed by a leviathan class Grimm).

This also ignores the explosion of the crates themselves. It doesn’t get close to 8-A or low 7-C and the fireballs feat is high 8-C so these crates being 8-A or low 7-C scaling from a high 8-C explosion is ridiculous.

The canisters shoot fireballs, that is nothing like dynamite but even assuming it is, the crates still should not be a multiplier. The explosions wouldn’t be connected to each other. It’s a bunch of tiny explosions with different yields, they wouldn’t combo together to share the same yield. Ignoring how the yield of these explosions that is actually shown doesn’t match this ridiculous multiplier at all.

The maidens are city level with their powers. In base they are town level. I have no clue where you are getting the leviathan being 10 times stronger. Based off the multiplier posted earlier it’s at most 3 times stronger and likely weaker as its 8-A and it says the lancer can be low 7-C.
Yes, in base, without thir maiden powers theyre 7-C, just like every other character in Volume 8.
The Grimm dragon would definitely still be stronger, but by a somewhat small amount, yeah 25 times may seem big, but the next best feats are vastly lower and preformed by a Grimm of comparable class (the next best feat is 8-A and performed by a leviathan clad Grimm).
The Leviathan is actually supposed to be Low 7-C scaling to the Atlesian Colossus that oneshots the Queen Lancer
The canisters shoot fireballs
They dont shoot fireballs though, thyre gunpowder that maks explosions
The explosions wouldn’t be connected to each other. It’s a bunch of tiny explosions with different yields, they wouldn’t combo together to share the same yield.
What do you think a bundle of dynamite is? Sriously i woul like to know how you think dynamite works. Or grenades, or literally any explosive irl. Do you think TNT naturally occurs in multi-ton blocks? Irl you can duct tape 10 sticks of dynamite togethr and get an explosion 10x as strong. Thats what is happening here

Status
Not open for further replies.