• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Random One Piece CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Wadatsumi Just Resistance to Oven Heat and that not scale At all.

0901-013.png

Looks like he took it, and

The heat clearly went through Wadatsumi's body. Wadatsumi did not tank the hit, he merely endured the damage.
Endured the damage... while having the attack literally go through his body and hit his internal organs...

He is only complaining about the heat. He Tanked the hit

Endured the damage... while having the attack literally go through his body and hit his internal organs...

He is only complaining about the heat. He Tanked the hit

... Enduring the damage does not mean he tanked it. This isn't complicated.

The attack went THROUGH his body, so how would his durability scale to it? The attack clearly wounded him, he just didn't pass out or die from the hit cuz One Piece characters have crazy endurance.... It's a STAMINA feat, NOT Durability.

Tell me, if a sword went through my body and out the other side, and I continued fighting as if nothing were wrong, would my durability scale to the AP of the sword that just tore through me? No, instead the feat would be noted for endurance as it shows I can fight whilst suffering from grievous injuries.

This is exactly the same situation. We see the heat waves go straight through Wadatsumi's body, and his body it lit up in flame and he's shown in agony, but still pressing on.

... Enduring the damage does not mean he tanked it. This isn't complicated.

The attack went THROUGH his body, so how would his durability scale to it? The attack clearly wounded him, he just didn't pass out or die from the hit cuz One Piece characters have crazy endurance.... It's a STAMINA feat, NOT Durability.

Tell me, if a sword went through my body and out the other side, and I continued fighting as if nothing were wrong, would my durability scale to the AP of the sword that just tore through me? No, instead the feat would be noted for endurance as it shows I can fight whilst suffering from grievous injuries.

This is exactly the same situation. We see the heat waves go straight through Wadatsumi's body, and his body it lit up in flame and he's shown in agony, but still pressing on.
This attack went through the Pacifista's body and he still technically tanked it.
This attack went through Ulti's body and she still technically tanked it.

That doesn't even look like it literally went through the body. The attack didn't pierce anything.
It's not like this which has a consistent hole through the character, or like this.

This looks like all the other cases where an attack "pierced" a character but in fact it really didn't.

This is a horrible comparison. Almost laughable...

Wadatsumi had a 7-A attack go right into his organs if he’s not relative to Oven then he would’ve died.

And I’ll say it again he only complained about the heat of the attack with a literal comical reaction.

I'm not sure why exactly that particular attack would be 7-A?
Why would he use an attack many many times weaker than his natural Ap?

He is trying to attack the people who just invaded his Mothers territory and he even says “You slimey fish will not get away from me” showing he’s obviously trying to hurt him.

Unless you have any proof he is holding back massively in that moment yes that attack is 7-A

Why would he use an attack many many times weaker than his natural Ap?

He is trying to attack the people who just invaded his Mothers territory and he even says “You slimey fish will not get away from me” showing he’s obviously trying to hurt him.

Unless you have any proof he is holding back massively in that moment yes that attack is 7-A
Because he fired several of those "torpedos" at once simultaneously but only one of them hit Wadatsumi. So if his total is 7-A, a fraction of that would have hit his target.

Because he fired several of those "torpedos" at once simultaneously but only one of them hit Wadatsumi. So if his total is 7-A, a fraction of that would have hit his target.
So do you have any narrative evidence to back up your claim?

I see nothing indicating that the sum of all those torpedos would = his base Ap. He’s not physically splitting 1 torpedo into 8 separate ones.

He is shooting 8 individual torpedoes. You can even see Oda makes it clear he’s not doing that.

And where did you get he is shooting them all at once or instantaneous.

It clearly shows they all have different lengths indicating that he is firing them 1 by 1 in quick succession

I agree with josh piece here, it doesn’t make sense as to how each of them would be fractions of the 7-A, and damage has no way to prove that regardless.

I agree with josh piece here, it doesn’t make sense as to how each of them would be fractions of the 7-A, and damage has no way to prove that regardless.
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me how each of them would be equal to his full power either.

These are all just our interpretations.

Either way, I think we could do a little better at finding a better scaling method for Franky himself. This method wouldn't get us Franky's striking strength or durability.

Either way, I think we could do a little better at finding a better scaling method for Franky himself. This method wouldn't get us Franky's striking strength or durability.
Franky was using his "strongest moves" on him and he didn't even touch his missiles.

Base Hody > Usopp and Nami > Buffalo > Baby 5 > Sai > Lao G > Chinjao
Dellinger > Ideo ~ Sai
Hajrudin > Machvise > Franky > Baby 5 and Buffalo
Orlumbus comparable
Bellamy ~ Base Luffy
Senor Pink ~ Franky
Leo and Giolla are unknown for now.
So the revised scaling chain.

Baby 5 ~ Base Sai > Lao G ≥ No Haki Injured Chinjao
Dellinger > Ideo ~ Sai still
Hajrudin > Machvise > Base Franky > Surume > Wadatsumi > Oven

Bellamy ≤ Base Luffy
Senor Pink ~ Base Franky.

I still want Hody to scale above Usopp. Usopp feared his power while not getting scared of that much stuff post timeskip.

So the revised scaling chain.

Bellamy ≤ Base Luffy

I still want Hody to scale above Usopp. Usopp feared his power while not getting scared of that much stuff post timeskip.
Makes 100% sense

Regardless, Base Sai scales above Chinjao for overpowering his attack with a lesser amp.

Their Kiryu Kirikugi should be the same amp from base, but Sai's weaker attack > Chinjao's peak attack, which means that his base should be superior to his

I agree that Base Hody> Usopp

Bellamy ≤ Base Luffy
i also agree with this.

I'm really not a fan of the notion that just because he was scared, that base Hody Jones should scale to Usopp's durability.

Making somebody scared is not an Attack Potency feat.

Also, this?

Wadatsumi > Oven

How is Wadatsumi over Oven? He was being hurt just by experiencing a fraction of the heat caused by Oven boiling the sea that he was in. And I don't even know how ones goes about comparing him withstanding a heat feat to him being punched by Surume.

Can I ask why don't we just get more calced feats for people to actually scale to? Baby 5, Franky and Caeser produce explosions that can be calced in theory. Machvise's weight-based attacks can be calced, and so can Hajrudin for punching him to the top of the Birdcage. Even Don Sai's super kick against Lao G produces a large destructive shockwave that can be calced.

I just feel like I'm seeing an over-reliance on scaling chains here instead of trying to find out how powerful these characters actually are. Is it just because we want characters to scale to City level AP, even if almost all of them have feats not close to that level?

I'm really not a fan of the notion that just because he was scared, that base Hody Jones should scale to Usopp's durability.

Also, this?

How is Wadatsumi over Oven? He was being hurt just by experiencing a fraction of the heat caused by Oven boiling the sea that he was in. And I don't even know how ones goes about comparing him withstanding a heat feat to him being punched by Surume.

Can I ask why don't we just get more calced feats for people to actually scale to? Baby 5, Franky and Caeser produce explosions that can be calced in theory. Machvise's weight-based attacks can be calced, and so can Hajrudin for punching him to the top of the Birdcage. Even Don Sai's super kick against Lao G produces a large destructive shockwave that can be calced.

I just feel like I'm seeing an over-reliance on scaling chains here instead of trying to find out how powerful these characters actually are. Is it just because we want characters to scale to City level AP, even if almost all of them have feats not close to that level?
I know being scared of someone isn’t AP. But didn’t you also agree to akainu > BB cause BB was scared of him?

I know being scared of someone isn’t AP. But didn’t you also agree to akainu > BB cause BB was scared of him?
I think I probably said some along the lines of "It shows that Blackbeard doesn't feel he's ready to fight Akainu" but I wouldn't list that as Akainu's sole justification if that was the only reason for his tier.

I think I probably said some along the lines of "It shows that Blackbeard doesn't feel he's ready to fight Akainu" but I wouldn't list that as Akainu's sole justification if that was the only reason for his tier.
I mean in akainu’s case it makes 100% sense for his tiering. BB can literally fight garp, and sengoku, while pulling off a 14.3 TT feat, but being afraid to fight akainu, while having no problem with the ship. Pretty sure a justification like that is more than enough. Anyways, I still think Usopp should scale with Hody.

I mean in akainu’s case it makes 100% sense for his tiering. BB can literally fight garp, and sengoku, while pulling off a 14.3 TT feat, but being afraid to fight akainu, while having no problem with the ship. Pretty sure a justification like that is more than enough. Anyways, I still think Usopp should scale with Hody.
Yeah, but how much does it take to hurt Usopp?

Because in the Dressrosa Arc, Usopp was hurt just by Trebol throwing a ship into the building he was in.

It is a viable way to powerscale tho. As explained here and I quote
If Character A has a City level feat and Character B has been reliably stated to be superior to Character A, it is safe to assess that Character B is City level as well.
The reliable statement comes from usoop claiming:
I quote Usopp
0598-012.png
And then usopp being generally afraid of Base Hody strength. He isn’t a coward anymore drop that.
Can I ask why don't we just get more calced feats for people to actually scale to?
Yep like how you suggested calculating Hody cracking a wall? Like come on be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back