• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questionable Crossover profiles

So I was having a discussion on discord and found out that certain characters from certain crossovers arent allowed. One of the reasonings being "If the character was literally just dropped within the world they arent allowed on the wiki." This is the reason why BlazBlue CrossTag profiles weren't allowed apparently.

However I noticed that certain profiles seem to ignore this? For example Geralt (Soul Calibur)

There was even a recent thread that addressed this. Pretty much it was said by CDPR that Geralt literally may have just dimension hopped into SC at some point. (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4261030)

This also makes me question some of the current bans on Crossover verses like smash bros. We don't allow Mario from Smash, yet we allow Captain Falco among others? I see alot of strange things in these rules and some profiles that apparently even contradict them. I think this needs to be discussed.

I don't see any problem with Captain Falcon because he literally has nothing combat related on his games, so Smash basically made up his fighting style from scratch. That Geralt profile and any similar one, tho, they should go.

Ionliosite said:
I don't see any problem with Captain Falcon because he literally has nothing combat related on his games, so Smash basically made up his fighting style from scratch. That Geralt profile and any similar one, tho, they should go.
The thing about that Captain Falcon profile is the fact it uses scaling from Kirby in Smash Bros. And Kirby is an established character with feats.

The thing about that Captain Falcon profile is the fact it uses scaling from Kirby in Smash Bros. And Kirby is an established character with feats.

Kirby from Smash Bros. used to have a profile but was deleted for not following the rules. But what's wrong with scaling him to Kirby? Kirby's feats aren't the same as canon, so as long as he doesn't scale to canon Kirby, there's no problem with scaling him to Smash Kirby.

We dont allow him to have a profile, but we're allowed to scale feats from him despite that? Isnt that a bit odd?

No, why would it be odd? We scale characters from feats of characters that don't have profiles even on non-crossover verses, so I don't see the problem.

Ionliosite said:
No, why would it be odd? We scale characters from feats of characters that don't have profiles even on non-crossover verses, so I don't see the problem.
I mean banning a character also gives the impression that their feats are invalid.

I don't see how it gives that impression. Quite literally the Cano rules says that feats are one of the things that aren't taken into account when decided to make alternate profiles or not, which means we decide based on the charcater and their role on the story rather than by feats, the feats are fine.

Thing is Captain Falcon has stuff from the F Zero anim that are used so the smash Bros stuff isnt necessary

WeeklyBattles said:
Thing is Captain Falcon has stuff from the F Zero anim that are used so the smash Bros stuff isnt necessary
Anime, not games. That's like saying MCU overrides comics. At best, this just means we need to split the profile between canons (anime and Smash) because game Falcon is featless.

We don't give the Kirby a profile just because of the way the wiki is structured, but that doesn't mean we pretend that Kirby doesn't exist. Smash has it's own lore, and those versions of Mario and Kirby and so on are still valid for that unvierse, the wiki's just made the ruling that those incarnations are not relevant enough to be indexed.

However Captain Falcon is differant, how he's represented in Smash redifined his character and made him into something new, and the wiki sees that as something valuable to index.

Kirby still acts like Kirby, but Captain Flacon became almost a new character. So the two interacting still happened, and the feats are still valid for their interactions, but the Captain Falcon incarnation is just more valuable to the wiki to keep documented while that Kirby isn't seen as valuable to index.

Also the Smash Characters now have new feats from what I understand that means we didn't even need the Kirby profile anymore, Kirby was kept for the longest time because he had the feats for the Smash profiles to scale to, so he was importaint for documentation reasons. Once more feats were found, Kirby became redundant and was no longer safe from deletion

(I don't 100% agree with these rules, but that's the long and short of it from my understanding. We reconize crossover and crossover characters happen, they aren't TOTALLY ignored, it's just wiki rules say some aren't worth the time to bother with)

Ionliosite said:
Anime, not games. That's like saying MCU overrides comics. At best, this just means we need to split the profile between canons (anime and Smash) because game Falcon is featless.
If game falcon is featless why should he have a profile?

If game falcon is featless why should he have a profile?

I didn't say game Falcon should have a profile. I said Smash Falcon, who's totally different from his games, should, in addition to anime Falcon for the reason.

(F-ZERO) Game Falcon doesn't, his prorfile currently has the Anime and Smash.

And both probably should because Falcon's still one of the posterboys for our crossover rules exceptions. Game Falcon had no material to work with, so to adapt him they just made things up which became staples of how the character is now currently seen, what Smash Bros. did to Falcon should meet our requirements that a crossover should: "Define the character" in that incarnation.

Technically speaking anime and smash falcon aren't the same person. Smash is Douglas J. Falcon from the games, anime is someone else, which is kinda a spoiler who it is. So they shouldn't be the same anyway.

Back