• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Super Smash Bros. Profiles?

As far as I am aware, Smash Bros. profiles for a vast majority of the playable cast had been banned due to the crossover rules at the time. However, I have recently heard that those rules were changed. So, I wanna ask, can we make profiles for more of the SSB cast?

I mean, as long as they have a huge significance to the story and are playable (They all are lol), then they should be viable for profiles.

Ultimate DLCs probably can’t get profiles due to how they never appeared in World of Light in canon.

I assume they'd follow similar rules to Marvel Vs. Capcom? IIRC, the rules there are that characters must fulfill two or more of the following;

1. Be apart of the storyline. In this case, Subspace and World of Light. That should be everyone minus the Ultimate DLC

2. Have powers and abilities not shared with canon counterparts. This should also be basically everyone because Spirits, shields, stickers, and stuff like PK Fire for Ness and Lucas.

3. Be playable. So the entire main cast.

So characters like Pikachu and Samus should be fine, no questions asked.

Characters like Steve and Joker are trickier. They do have special powers (shields, Steve's BFR, Spirits) and are playable, so that's two of three.

I assume they'd follow similar rules to Marvel Vs. Capcom? IIRC, the rules there are that characters must fulfill two or more of the following;

1. Be apart of the storyline. In this case, Subspace and World of Light. That should be everyone minus the Ultimate DLC

2. Have powers and abilities not shared with canon counterparts. This should also be basically everyone because Spirits, shields, stickers, and stuff like PK Fire for Ness and Lucas.

3. Be playable. So the entire main cast.

So characters like Pikachu and Samus should be fine, no questions asked.

Characters like Steve and Joker are trickier. They do have special powers (shields, Steve's BFR, Spirits) and are playable, so that's two of three.
I haven't checked the crossover rules again yet, but if they changed in the way that you described, then you seem to be correct. Maybe the downloadable characters could even get profiles since the majority of the rules apply in their favor, like you wrote, two out of three of them. Also, there were special spirit boards added for the downloadable characters, suggesting that Galeem's light got to their worlds, and the downloadable characters are suddenly playable at a certain point during World of Light, so they're not even entirely excluded from the story. Ultimately, Super Smash Bros. is a world of someone's imagination where the characters and locations are represented by toys and simple objects before the imagination is applied by Master Hand, so technically the characters aren't even crossing over in an alternate canon, they're outright different incarnations of the characters in a different reality.

Back