• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some possible Link revisions.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So I've looked at all of the link profiles and I have a few things that I believe should change, as well as a few questions regarding some resistances:

Link (ALTTP)

Can someone explain to me where his resistance to the abilities listed in his profile came from, as well as his spatial, age, attack reflection, and extrasensory abilities?

Link (Majora's mask)

Where has he shown to resist death before?

Link (Minish Cap)

In his weakness section, it should also be stated that if any of his clones touch anything that blocks their movements, that they'll instantly disappear.

Link (Phantom Hourglass)

His resistance to soul manipulation should be removed since in that game, the triforce and master sword has been lost underwater due to what happened in WW, which is the only reason why any of the links have resistance to soul manipulation. Also his whole "can move in stopped time" should be removed since he has done it with an item that he activated, and not from being able to walk in stopped time activated by an enemy.

Link (Spirit Tracks)

Same as above for soul manipulation, except that this reason is that both the master sword and triforce has never been near the link in that game.

Link (Skyward Sword)

So he's resistant to time manipulation due to the fact that he's not affected by the timeshift stones/orbs. Here's the thing, the only thing that both of these objects has ever done throughout the game is rewind time on the area it's at when activated. So link should be resistant to time rewind instead of time manipulation since the timeshift stones/otbs has never fast forward time, stopped, or slowed time.

Link (Composite)

Where did he get resistant to the following:

Ice, Light, Vector, Darkness, Morality, Illusions, Sleep, Curse, and existance erasure?

I looked through pretty much all the links in both canon and non-canon games, and none of them have resistance to any of these abilities. So unless there's something I'm missing, I think these should be removed.

Also, I want to ask where does Composite link have poison, plant, cloth, portal, and probability manipulation since, like the previous thing I mentioned, all these abilities I haven't seen at all from both canon and non canon profiles.

Still would be nice so people won't always ask. Besides, unless your name is Lavos, or you're a Digimon, your hax is almost never linked.

Yeah, but they usually have something to back them up, be it a description, a blog with linkz, or something that can link where or who exactly gives them said resistance. You kinda just say, Timeshift stones. ...as if we know what they do. It becomes very important when you are dealing with Link who supposedly has a resistance to every ability in the book that isn't conceptual.

I haven't played ALTTP since I was a child, so I can't help you much on the first one, though, a recurring way that Link can reflect attacks is through the Mirror Shield.

The Death Manipulation resistance of MM Link was probably added due to characters like several Poe in Ikana Canyon that use Death inducing attacks, notably Sharp, whose music just makes people die, and it takes a long time for Link to die from his music.

The Minish Cap thing seems like game mechanics. For the most part, they don't even disappear, as far as I remember, they just teleport near Link. Or maybe that's FSA Link and the other Links. Either way, it seems like game mechanics.

I haven't played Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks before, sorry.

The Skyward Sword thing seems agreeable.

Now, onto Composite Link, I can explain the ones I recall. BotW Link has Ice resistant armour, I believe Twilight Link is the one who resists Darkness Manipulation due to how it didn't change him into something of a similar nature to a Twili when going into the Twilight Realm, which happens because Darkness. It could be because Wolf Link can see in the dark with his senses. I'm not sure. I don't recall any resistance to Light or Vector(Maybe A Link Between Worlds Link) Manipulation, but other members might. I believe his resistance to Morality Manipulation comes from the Twilight Realm, too. It might also come from the Triforce of Courage giving him a strong will, or some Mask in Majora's Mask keeping things like Morality from getting to him, such as the Mask of Truth. The Lens of Truth and similar items may be why he has Illusion Resistance. his Curse resistance probably shouldn't be on there, seeing as he continues to inherit the curse casted by Demise throughout all of his iterations, and this curse has never left him. I don't know where the Erasure resistance comes from, either.

The only instance I can think of that could be confused with Plant Manipulation is Link with the beans growing them and then him being able to fly on them in the future, or WW Link being able to glide with a Leaf while using magic. The Poison Manipulation, I also don't know, but I know he has a resistance to it as a Deku. The Cloth Manipulation I haven't seen. The Portal Creation might come from ALBW Link or Link's Awakening Link, but I'm unsure. The Probability Manipulation seems absurd to add without it being explained. While this is going on, I believe it should be noted that Link can play Sharp's song, but it isn't in-character for him to do so.

@hadou The darkness thing sounds more like soul manipulation or transmutation. The twilight realm never really changed someone's morality. The only thing I can think of in TP that had any sort of morality changing was the twilight mirror, and even then, Midna took every single piece from link so that he won't get affected.

The plant manipulation thing should be removed since all it is is equipment.

I agree with Hadou regarding A link to the Past, Majora's Mask, and Minish Cap.

I'm not entirely certain how to handle it, but dividing Wind Waker link into seperate keys might be a good idea; Phantom Hourglass key could have the Triforce abilities removed; not sure about the time stop thing, but I suppose that's reasonable.

Link having resistance to soul manipulation comes from the fact that Chancellor Cole can separate Zelda's Soul from her body, but the same attack simply does like a heart of damage to Link.

The Skyward Sword revision seems reasonable unless Cal has anything to say about it.

Composite Link has resistance to all those abilities either because Ganon either had those or resistance to those abilities; and scales to Link do to that fact that even with the complete Triforce was unable to beat A Link to the Past Link, and Link is of course further enhanced due to possessing the complete Triforce himself.

What was meant is that Ganon tried to use that against Link, but failed to due so. Ganondorf what just be an impossible boss if Ganon could just mind hax Link and screw him over. Plus, Ganondorf is an extremely intelligent character, so I doubt he has any sort of CIS all the time. Ganon also had demonstrated resistance to existence erasure when he only had the Triforce of Power.

@dark ganondorf has shown to be an idiot before, like letting link live in WW cause that totally helped him out the last time he did it.

I think it's more from he can tank an ancient arrow. and not from the triforce.

Based on the reasoning behind the dialogue in Twilight Princess, the Triforce of Power is the reason they failed to banish him from existence.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
The Death Manipulation resistance of MM Link was probably added due to characters like several Poe in Ikana Canyon that use Death inducing attacks, notably Sharp, whose music just makes people die, and it takes a long time for Link to die from his music.
wouldn't that give link limited resistance to that since he can still die from the song if he hadn't played the song of storms?

It is a very weak resistance. If he can still die by that very move, and needs a song to save him, then his resistance is not really that good.

Obviously it's a limited resistance, he would've died despite the Song of Storms, Sharp just stopped playing. I never said it was an immunity, all resistances are limited. But the song Sharp was playing was just slowly draining health, Link had all sorts of time to run around and stuff. He could've just left if he wanted to.

@hadou cause he would've still died from the song without the song of storms to calm sharp down.

I think he should have a resistance because...

It taking hours for the song to kill him when at full health(in-game time, unless we aren't using it, then still just several minutes) >>>> it just killing him.

And this may not be the only reason that this resistance exists on his profile. I didn't add it.

Also, I noticed earlier that you said he needed a song to save him. That's wrong, he can just walk away and it would stop hurting. The Song of Storms did not force Sharp to stop playing music, he stopped playing it because he was reminiscent of Flat, who composed the song.

The fact that he'd eventually die from it doesn't matter, because it's still resistance that he didn't die right away.

Them perhaps limited resistance to death manipulation would be better?

The real cal howard said:
The fact that he'd eventually die from it doesn't matter, because it's still resistance that he didn't die right away.
As I said limited. Meaning Death attacks will effectively put him on a timer.

Yell that to files that have limited on their files. While all resistances are limited, this lets you know it's not gonna go far.

@Cal How is it useless when it's being specific on how good their resistance are?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yell that to files that have limited on their files. While all resistances are limited, this lets you know it's not gonna go far.
I'll yell that to non-sentient files ovo.

Back