• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some possible Link revisions.

When a Death move of the most basic level just doesn't effect you.

See AncientSphinxmon and Kid Lucemon.

In that case, every Pokémon not named Arceus should have "limited" in front of their resistances. Same with anyone who gets resistance from not no-selling things.

Because resistances are one of the few abilities that shouldn't get "limited" in front of them. Because there's no defined basis for a "basic" level of a hax ability. Only way you'd get a "limited" for a resistance is if the thing affecting you is clearly low level and you still get affected, like Goku's limited resistance to Hit's time-stop.

Actually, that's not even true, because Goku doesn't have a "limited" in front of it.

I am really not about to argue with you. I tried to save you some words, but like I said I really don't care to argue. I promised I would get into as many petty conflicts this year.

Argument implies conflict. We're simply having a civilized debate. However, I'm done for the day, and can't respond anymore...

The real cal howard said:
Still would be nice so people won't always ask. Besides, unless your name is Lavos, or you're a Digimon, your hax is almost never linked.
kinda make my job ta do exactly that. Not even hax, litterally all powers and attacks.

Each second of real time is minutes in-game. And draining health from him is obviously not as bad as just him becoming dead as the aforementioned speech before he plays the song implies will happen to him.

@hadou you do know that the amount of time spent for the spell to kill link is inconsistent right? Since you can slow down time, and the health still drains in the exact same pace.

His time slowing literally slows everything, though. I didn't think it was combat applicable, it slows himself, too. It slows him, the song played by Sharp, and thus would slow the pace of being drained, everything is slowed, but would still take the same amount of time.

Yeah, we really shouldn't use Zelda's day in night cycle as a source for character speeds. Taking a few hours to accomplish a small task seems absurd.

Which is still not that long. So limited resistance to death manipulation should be there.

All resistances are limited though, and that is kind of long, if Link just defeats the enemy within minutes, which most battles typically don't last that long. It keeps things like Death Materia or random instant death spells from oneshotting him, so it's a pretty sincere resistance.

Like I said before, he still dies from the death song, so he should have limited resistance since the song still affected him to an extent.

Things you have a resistance to can affect you. Think of electric type attacks affecting other electric type Pokémon. If the song did nothing to Link at all, and some crap said "Link was deathless" or something, that'd just be like flat out immunity. Link resists Death Manipulation, putting limited in front of it is redundant or else limited should be in front of literally every resistance. It isn't a full on weak resistance. It just makes the notes hurt him instead of kill him.

Yawn. Link thread again.

Anyway, limited death resistance is cool in my book.

Cal, Link was affected and would have died, that means his resistance is very weak.

That doesn't mean his resistance was weak, though. It literally just made him take damage like regular attacks instead of just flat out killing him. Like I pointed out, this would be efficient enough to keep things like Death Materia or other similar spells from being actually useful against him.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
That doesn't mean his resistance was weak, though. It literally just made him take damage like regular attacks instead of just flat out killing him. Like I pointed out, this would be efficient enough to keep things like Death Materia or other similar spells from being actually useful against him.
death Materia outright kills him or incapacites him. Death materia doesnt work like that. At best it gives Condemned status instead of flat out killing him.

Why, though? This is a similar effect to like Ganon trying to use mind hax on him and it just making Link take damage instead of do what it was supposed to do. Sharp's music failed to do what it was supposed to do, which was just make Link become dead upon hearing it at all.

Sharp's Song: Kills those who hear it.

Death Materia: Kills the target.

I mean, I don't see why he wouldn't hold a resistance. What Sharp did by playing the song for so long was basically the equivalent to spamming a death spell.

He was going to die as he continued playing it. If Sharp stopped, Link wouldn't have still eventually died, given that well...that's what happened. It's not really different that saying Link would've died if Ganon didn't stop hitting him, or something like that.

Basic resistance: lolnoping something

Limited resistance: not being damaged by something as much as you should have been without said resistance.

The real cal howard said:
Neither our resistance page nor the dictionary definition of resistance implies that.
The fact that some pages have "limited" before some resistances for things like what I mentioned gives credit to it.

Link Cannot lolnope any Death based stuff. Putting a straight Resistance to that is just wrong.

Yes, he can. If Link can just listen to notes of a song that are supposed to cause him to die, and he's just taking it like basic damage, it isn't any better than a regular attack to him. If someone like Isaac used one of his death spells on him or a death-inducing djinn, it wouldn't really do anything to him. Charo would do nothing to him.

Back