• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i am not, you're trying really hard to ignore what's actualy said on their pages and how it's the exact same as DBH so either go and make threads to remove those abilities or admit you just wanted a double standard.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
* Official guide statement that Vegito resisted it through sheer power
  • Xeno Trunks who should be stronger than Vegito at that point does the same thing
  • Time Patrol fight Buu and nothing happens to them
Xeno Goku, the main boss of the time patrol:

Nah, he doesn't scale
Don't forgot the candy beam description in DBX and everyone basicaly resisting it anyway (and 'muh gameplay not canon' doesn't change the ability actualy does or how resistance work, it just change if they actualy used it at that point during that fight.)

"You are trying really hard to ignore that Naruto and Ichigo's resitance and abilities dont depend on them being stronger than other characters"

They are, at least as the profile as-is. Go ahead and amend them but right now Naruto scales via Sage of Sixth Paths Chakra, which is a double standard when Dragon Ball does the same thing.

" I can gladly show you feats that showcases their resistances."

Again, go ahead and amend their profiles because right now they're operating under the same logic as dragon ball.

"Early shippuden Sasuke has resistance to electricity and poison, and kakashi has resitance to ice, which Naruto doesnt despite being stronger than both."

Are we looking at the same profile?

"Every version of Ichigo and Aizen have resistances that the Soul King doesnt have, despite the soul king being >>>>> them."

Does that stop the fact that the profile SPECIFIES that Ichigo having X esoteric thing grants him resistance...? Again, go ahead and amend them but the current profile operates under the same logic as Dragon Ball does.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Are y'all forgetting the time patrol fought Kid Buu and Demon God Kid Buu. If Buu could have transmutated them he would off.
By that logic Link resists every hax in the book because if he didn't, Ganon would've used it against him.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Yeah, people seem to be ignoring the scan Dragomer posted, that his resistance to the candy beam came from his ki being stronger than Buu's
The scan didn't say that Vegito resisted it through sheer power though. It said that he got a powerup. Mega Man got a powerup in the Rush Adaptor that allowed him to fly and shoot his rocket fist. Does that mean X and Zero, who are better in every way, can do that (in base)? No.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
  • Xeno Trunks who should be stronger than Vegito at that point does the same thing

Nah, he doesn't scale
IIRC Buu did use it against a few characters and the only thing he could do was absorbtion.

There's still the other points and what everyone else has said. Daizenshuu, since apparently we can use it now and Xeno Trunks

The real cal howard said:
Zenkaibattery1 said:
Are y'all forgetting the time patrol fought Kid Buu and Demon God Kid Buu. If Buu could have transmutated them he would off.
By that logic Link resists every hax in the book because if he didn't, Ganon would've used it against him.
By this logic, the fact that the CaC can be of the Buu race in Xenoverse and specifically use Transmutation shouldn't matter; no matter how many times you use it in the storyline, the enemy of plot relevance (Demigra, Towa, Mira, etc.) will never stay a jawbreaker despite the MULTIPLE times you did it.

Because, uh, Muh Gameplay?

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Yeah, people seem to be ignoring the scan Dragomer posted, that his resistance to the candy beam came from his ki being stronger than Buu's
The scan didn't say that Vegito resisted it through sheer power though. It said that he got a powerup. Mega Man got a powerup in the Rush Adaptor that allowed him to fly and shoot his rocket fist. Does that mean X and Zero, who are better in every way, can do that (in base)? No.
This is an absolutely horrible comeback. When the Daizenshuu specified Vegito got a power up, the hell did you think it meant? Oh I don't know, maybe a massive increase in power which was the point of fusing?

>Except it isn't. NOTHING about it even implies Biology-Based scaling. It's scaling via Sage of Sixth Paths Chakra, which is no different from Scaling via Ki or God Ki.

Naruto has sage of sith path chakra, because he is a descendant of Hagaromo, but sure "NOTHING". + because he has actually shown feat of invulnerability which you are still ignoring.

>But Naruto does. Naruto very much does have Ice Resistance on his profile.

Yes, and the justifiqation is wrong, how are you not getting this?? Naruto does have feats of resisting ice, he showed this back when he fougth Kaguya in her ice world.

Naruto has shown matter manipulation resistance , power nullification resistance and deconstruction when he kicked Madara's truth seeking ball , and he has a truth seeking orb in his mouth throughout the end of the series. Cosmic radiation is literally just any type of explosion, sound manipulation and ligt manipulation, he has shown resistances to those consistently throughout the series.

So yes I am calling them false equivalence, because they are, all you have proven so far is that his profiles needs a proper explanation for his resistances, they need to include the feats as well, not just the in-verse explanation.

Yes. Because gameplay. Gameplay isn't canon, and it won't ever be canon. Unless you wanna day everyone and their mother had mid regen because they can tank the Kienzan.

Yes. Because gameplay. Gameplay isn't canon, and it won't ever be canon.
Huh so I guess we need to remove the entire future Warrior profiles because ALL OF IT IS GAMEPLAY.

Huh so I guess we need to remove the entire future Warrior profiles because ALL OF IT IS GAMEPLAY.

The false equivalence here is so thick I can cut it with a knife. Do you know the difference between story and gameplay? Or that a moveset falls much closer to the former than the latter?

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Zenkaibattery1 said:

Nah, he doesn't scale
IIRC Buu did use it against a few characters and the only thing he could do was absorbtion.
There's still the other points and what everyone else has said. Daizenshuu, since apparently we can use it now and Xeno Trunks
Since you are nitpicking which points to refute to make it seem like you've deconstructed the entire argument, I'm just going to quote at this point.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Yes, i see no problem with that, it make more sense than 'Ganon wanted to commit suicide'.

The false equivalence here is so thick I can cut it with a knife. Do you know the difference between story and gameplay? Or that a moveset falls much closer to the former than the latter?

So what you're trying to say is... this character who's mastered EVERY TECHNIQUE EVER IN-CANON... used none of it against the big enemy despite the CaC being literally a Majin and it's their defining trait... Not even a "Possibly" or ANYTHING.

Yeah okay Cal. Nice one. I can totally believe my Majin CaC with Transmutation didn't once try to use Candy Beam. Nope. I can also believe that every fight I've had with Buu in the story, I've never once been hit by it. Nooope.

That's basically the level of argument you're going to here, Cal.

Or maybe that's just a weakness of haxes in Dragon Ball? That haxes work there, but only on weaker characters than the user?

Maybe it's not a resistance thing, but the hax itself has a weakness

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Or maybe that's just a weakness of haxes in Dragon Ball? That haxes work there, but only on weaker characters than the user?
Maybe it's not a resistance thing, but the hax itself has a weakness
Except it's explicitly a boon of ki that gets better as you get stronger and thus more of it ?

You can say that from every single hax ever, once again if we go with that, let's remove all resistances from everyone and just make a hax weakness category.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Celestialsapiens gets resistance to all of Paradox' abilities and Gwen's and all aliens Ben has then other than Alien X, because otherwise they would have just used those to defeat Aggregor had he absorbed a baby Celestialsapien.

Doorinmyhouse said:
Zenkaibattery1 said:
Celestialsapiens gets resistance to all of Paradox' abilities and Gwen's and all aliens Ben has then other than Alien X, because otherwise they would have just used those to defeat Aggregor had he absorbed a baby Celestialsapien.
Only if we have confirmation Aggregor only took the baby's resistance instead of taking the power to boost his own resistance and only if there was no other outside elements stopping them from using their hax (like a restriction on Ben's watch or Paradox's abilities never quite being utilised in a way that would defeat him), if those two condition are met, why the **** not ? just assuming the characters wanted to lose is dumber.

Yeah, and the Time Baby has a resistance to Bill Cipher's haxes since otherwise Bill would have turned him to a statue

Also yes, haxes can haeve weaknesses (Bill's haxes can't pass throgh a unicorn shield for example or overcome the weirdness magnet)

If Ki is used to resist this, then it's a specific weakness for Dragon Ball haxes that wouldn't be applied to any other verse.

AP doesn't negate hax nirmally. If it does, then it's weakness of the hax rather than a sudden resistance for the character

Dragomer said:
Only if we have confirmation Aggregor only took the baby's resistance instead of taking the power to boost his own resistance and only if there was no other outside elements stopping them from using their hax (like a restriction on Ben's watch or Paradox's abilities never quite being utilised in a way that would defeat him), if those two condition are met, why the **** not ? just assuming the characters wanted to lose is dumber.
Aggregor was about to absorb the power of the baby Celestialsapien, which would had made him "unstoppable and omnipotent", which very much in this context implies that none of Gwen and Paradox' or Ben's aliens could've done anything. there were 0 restrictions yet Paradox straight up says he cant be beaten.

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Yeah, and the Time Baby has a resistance to Bill Cipher's haxes since otherwise Bill would have turned him to a statue
Also yes, haxes can haeve weaknesses (Bill's haxes can't pass throgh a unicorn shield for example or overcome the weirdness magnet)
I never said hax can't have weakness, i said that if you just take 'hax was resisted' as a weakness instead of a resistance, then the resistance section is pointless.

Doorinmyhouse said:
Dragomer said:
Aggregor was about to absorb the power of the baby Celestialsapien, which would had made him "unstoppable and omnipotent", which very much in this context implies that none of Gwen and Paradox' or Ben's aliens could've done anything. there were 0 restrictions yet Paradox straight up says he cant be beaten.
Then it's fair to say that he would resist everything those 3 can do, minus Alien X and Atomic X probably, just like how Zeno should resist everything the angels can do because they directly say he can't be beaten no matter what.

I don't see why you're telling me that as if i would disagree, it make sense to me.

Dragomer said:
)
I never said hax can't have weakness, i said that if you just take 'hax was resisted' as a weakness instead of a resistance, then the resistance section is pointless.
That's because hax can't be resisted by AP normally. If the hax does get resisted by just AP then it's more like the hax itself has a weakness than the character having resistance

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Dragomer said:
)
That's because hax can't be resisted by AP normally. If the hax does get resisted by just AP then it's more like the hax itself has a weakness than the character having resistance
Keyword being 'normaly' and it's not that it's being resisted through AP, it's that what power their hax resistance is also what power up their AP (and their speed and their abilities and their everything unless they use magic.) so we use AP to judge who scale to for the resistance because it's the easiest, you could also use speed or durability, AP only came in for the scailing, it's not what resist it directly.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
@Gilad
We're not saying it gets resisted via AP , but via Ki. There is a big difference imo.
Not really though, since Ki is what defines their AP, and ki blasts acts like physical hits

Resisting by being stronger is literally meaning resisting hax by AP

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Ki is energy = AP in Dragon Ball

Then it means that they don't resist haxes that aren't ki reliant
Verse equalization would take care of it in most cases. If not then Sharingan Genjutsu won't work on anyone without Chakra, which isn't the case. And Ki is responsible for AP like you said, but it's also responsible for many other aspects such as most hax, that aren't Magic based and resistance to said hax.

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Ki is energy = AP in Dragon Ball
Then it means that they don't resist haxes that aren't ki reliant
It's also = speed, durability and range, so my point is the same.

No since Vegito resisted Buu's magic hax, it mean Ki give hax resistance to the hax we saw it resist, pretty obvious.

No it's not, because if Sharingan Genjutsu gets resisted simply by having higher chakra, then it's the same hax weakness as in Dragon Ball.

In other verses where the ability to resist haxes isn't dependant on higher energy would work on them because they don't need to be stronger than the victim for the hax to work

All hax are dependent on the opponent not having hax resistance so no, it wouldn't work on them.

You don't need to be stronger in DB either, you just need your hax to be beyond their hax resistance, it just happen to be the same thing that protect them from everything else.

Buu's hax (much like every other hax in DB) only works someone weaker than them. Hakai is the same, as it's EE, but it's resisted by characters simply by them having more ki. Same goes for Goku's God Bind

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Buu's hax (much like every other hax in DB) only works someone weaker than them. Hakai is the same, as it's EE, but it's resisted by characters simply by them having more ki. Same goes for Goku's God Bind
Because someone stronger has a high chance of having hax resistance beyond their own hax because more ki / better ki = more resistance, AP is just an easy way to gauge said level of resistance.

You misunderstood my point. I was replying to your point of DB characters not resisting Had that isn't Ki based. Verse equalization takes care of that in the same way that it allows Sharingan Genjutsu to affect people without Chakra in Vs threads. I'm not saying any hax has that weakness, it's just verse mechanics.

Like gilad said, if ki is the source for the hax and the resistance, then shouldn't the resistance feats only apply to the in verse hax and should get "limited" or become weakness?

whoever replies to me and starts with "except" is automatically salty

Thelastmlg said:
Like gilad said, if ki is the source for the hax and the resistance, then the reistnace feats only apply to the in verse hax and should get "limited" or become weakness.
whoever replies to me and starts with "except" is automatically salty
Whoever use the world salty is triple salty.

I litteraly just said it wasn't the source of the hax though, Buu's hax is magic, not ki so Ki is only the source of the resistance here.

I agree with limited transmutation resistance if that matters since they only partialy resist the effects (in Buu's case at least.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back