• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
Tell that to literally every series @Omega and @SOC. Again, DB is the only one where this argument comes up. Do you see people complaining that Momoshiki doesn't resist matter manipulation despite being >>>> Deidara and Onoki? No. Do you see people complaining that Boa Hancock could turn Kaido or Blackbeard into stone despite them being >>>>>> her? No. But you'll see people complaining that Goku doesn't resist mind manipulation due to him being >>>> Babidi.
You do hear that for litteraly all those verse and most of the time, they are right so your petty attempt at portraying DB as some priveligied verse that need to be taken down to justified a bulshit removal isn't going to work, your character lost, get over it.

Rather than make absurd claim like 'Naruto fans totaly agree Deidara would one shot Momoshiki because muh hax',why don't you just realise you just didn't pay attention to those verse and the people talking about it when it come to that because they usualy don't beat your characters ?

Tell that to literally every series @Omega and @SOC. Again, DB is the only one where this argument comes up. Do you see people complaining that Momoshiki doesn't resist matter manipulation despite being >>>> Deidara and Onoki? No. Do you see people complaining that Boa Hancock could turn Kaido or Blackbeard into stone despite them being >>>>>> her? No. But you'll see people complaining that Goku doesn't resist mind manipulation due to him being >>>> Babidi.
Babidi mind control works on evil in your heart I get what you saying but bad example imo

One, Bill had 14 losses at one period of time. I don't give a shit if he loses to Xeno Goku, if the loss is legitimate. The disrespect of 2019 is far worse than what a loss to a 2-B would be. Two, people don't complain about god tiers not resisting low tier hax without showings for any other verse but Dragon Ball. So yes, I do think it's privileged. Even if they did complain, the fact that it's not on the profiles means they didn't make any headway, so you'd still be in the wrong for assuming DB would get away with it when the rest failed.

I've also been on most of those CRTs. I have yet to see people complain about that like I have seen the Hakai Zeno argument.

With the resistance scaling through commonalities thing, it kinda has to be explicitly stated that X is why it's resisted and that X quality is shared by a bunch of people. Don't think you're really allowed to just assume that goku does for being similar to trunks if we're not sure exactly why a thing didn't work.

Ok Cal, go ahead and make a "Boa vs Kaido" or a "Momoshiki Vs Onoki" and see how many Naruto or One Piece fans would agree with your notion.

You don't give a shit and yet you're pulling the most petty bulshit and try to smear DB in general and how it's handled on the side in general just to avoid that one defeat, really credible, buddy.

Yes, they do, for litteraly every tier ever but thanks for confirming you have victim mentality against DB and consider it privileged because of something you made up, it can now be confirmed for good that you're not arguing in good faith at all.

You need new eyes then and trying to portray complaining about something that's obviously nonsense as a bad thing won't make your case look better, Zeno getting hakai'd is nonsense by every metric and the best exemple why your version of how this works is nosense.

Wokistan said:
With the resistance scaling through commonalities thing, it kinda has to be explicitly stated that X is why it's resisted and that X quality is shared by a bunch of people. Don't think you're really allowed to just assume that goku does for being similar to trunks if we're not sure exactly why a thing didn't work.
Since we apparently use guides now, this one clearly say it's because of power
306b51a7c6f16370cfd3c237dcc9a6e81c62642bv2 hq
And honestly, saying they are resisting through ki isn't an assumption, it's assuming they are resisting through an unknown never mentionned power that is an assumption and pretty big one.

And by calm, I mean civil and "nice". I am aware that no-one is really getting worked up and having their day ruined over this.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And by calm, I mean civil and "nice". I am aware that no-one is really getting worked up and having their day ruined over this.
Audibly Screeches!!!

jk lol it's all good.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Incoherent screaming

Euh, i mean, sure, dear sir, we're among gentleman here obviously.

I am fine if the resistance that Xeno Goku's resistance that he has not show is removed; this look to be only for Transmuttation, from what I read.

UchihaSlayer96, on your points here on the others, I believe the resistances are scaled because the characters shared a power system that give shared abilities (Haki) or resistance (Naruto).

Dragon Ball, to my knowledge, has no valid Statements that explained resistances scaling to "ki"

I've also been on most of those CRTs. I have yet to see people complain about that like I have seen the Hakai Zeno argument.
For this particular topic, this "Hakai Zen'o" business is also ignoring the fact that not only does Zen'o literally have guards, but people forget Beerus and the rest of the GoDs would get chopped down by any of the Angels if they ever remotely tried doing that.

Im not taking a side here, im just here to reiterate this specific point just being incredibly absurd.

So we're gonna act like people who explicitly fough Xeno Goku's underlings instead of him because they're too weak could one shot him despite explicitly showing from someone who's half Goku, Trunks who litteraly only has ki and no other ability in common with Vegeto and basicaly everyone in DBH ? and that's supposed to make sense ?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
For this particular topic, this "Hakai Zen'o" business is also ignoring the fact that not only does Zen'o literally have guards, but people forget Beerus and the rest of the GoDs would get chopped down by any of the Angels if they ever remotely tried doing that.
Im not taking a side here, im just here to reiterate this specific point just being incredibly absurd.
You mean the 'guards' (they litteraly just move him around) and Angels who don't resist EE while Hakai has planetery AOE and the GoDs have hakai armor at will ? and we litteraly saw Whis being afraid of Zeno too, why would he care if every Angels actualy had an ability that would kill Zeno ?

The only absurd thing is any of them being able to do shit against planetary sized AOE invisible EE if they don't resist EE, especialy when Zeno litteraly can lose track of ******* Dyspo.

@Elizhaa

Yes, Naruto and One Piece share a common power system that allows them to resist certain abilities. But that's literally the case with Dragon Ball as well because there's no other form of Power that the characters who demonstrated the Resistance have in common except being Saiyans and "Ki".

There's no other prerequisite or caveat in this case.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
@Dragomer
Zeno has 2-C AOE too lol, so he can nuke regardless of where they are XD.
Doesn't matter since they can also one shot him and Zeno explicitly think they move too fast and are hard to follow in the manag for exemple.

Trying to act like this obviously absolute authority is actualy in a position to be one shotted at any time if he raise his hand slower than an hakaishin is dumb, same for the angels being basicaly powerless if the hakaishin use his hakai armor, that's all absolute nonsense that i'v never seen applied to any other verse, so much for 'muh privilege'.

But I don't wanna >_>.

Okay...

I stand neutral on this.

This scaling is only logical since Ki is the only similarity that actually matters between all these characters, so I would agree if it were stated or even hinted as the reason why some haxes don't work on DB peeps.

The Calaca said:
But I don't wanna >_>.
Okay...

I stand neutral on this.

This scaling is only logical since Ki is the only similarity that actually matters between all these characters, so I would agree if it were stated or even hinted as the reason why some haxes don't work on DB peeps.
As my scan above say Vegito's resistance is directly linked to his great strength.

Dragomer said:
Wokistan said:
Since we apparently use guides now, this one clearly say it's because of power
306b51a7c6f16370cfd3c237dcc9a6e81c62642bv2 hq
And honestly, saying they are resisting through ki isn't an assumption, it's assuming they are resisting through an unknown never mentionned power that is an assumption and pretty big one.
just incase they didn't read it @Drag XD

This entire thread about removing resistances is pretty idiotic. Every hax being resisted in DBH and DBX is because of a character's Ki; Hax regularly gets overpowered because someone has More Ki. Note that I did NOT say power, because it isn't sheer power that gives you resistance in Dragon ball; it's Ki.

And don't even try to make the absolutely asinine "Oh but Ki is just ENERGY", because it blatantly isn't. In canon, Guldo uses a crap ton of Ki to stop time (AKA Ki did a Hax), Evil-Alignment Potency (The Genki Dama straight up works on people better because they're quote "more evil"), and Instant Teleportation by literally warping Local Space are all things Ki could do.

The argument you're trying to present is LITERALLY "Oh even though they use the same energy and the same techniques, this guy resisting this thing CANNOT scale to this guy even though there's nothing else different about them!" which makes zero sense.

Actually, Goku should scale FAR above Trunks and everyone else since he's the only one that learned even basic Spirit Control (Instant Transmission), meaning his mastery is higher than everyone else's.

Your very argument in the OP of "We only scale resistances based on Biology", why can't we scale resistances based on Energy Source? Everyone cross-resists Android 21's Power Null Waves because lolGodKi. There is no difference from that to here.

Akreious said:
Your very argument in the OP of "We only scale resistances based on Biology", why can't we scale resistances based on Energy Source? Everyone cross-resists Android 21's Power Null Waves because lolGodKi. There is no difference from that to here.
If that's your argument, the let's remove all resistances via God Ki as well, since it has the same problems as you pointed out.

Ionliosite said:
Akreious said:
If that's your argument, the let's remove all resistances via God Ki as well, since it has the same problems as you pointed out.
There is no problems that I pointed out. Literally all there is, is extreme double standard.

The reason why Android 21's waves are resisted by Gods? Because they possess God Ki. Goku and Vegeta who wasn't using God Ki at the time, we see are affected. Therefore we know God Ki is the thing allowing them to resist it as the absence of it allowed Goku and Vegeta to be affected.

The reason why haxes are resisted in Dragon Ball Heroes and Xenoverse? Ki. The moment a character with hax powers up or the resister person gets too weak, they're subject and suddenly very weak to said Hax.

The only difference between Biology and Ki is that one is innate in everyone and the only difference is amount and mastery as opposed to "just being".

What you're trying to imply goes against EVERYTHING Dragon Ball stands for in terms of how they treat hax and Ki/

Ionliosite said:
Akreious said:
If that's your argument, let's remove all resistance via anything and replace it with a hax weakness category since all resistance on this site have the same problem.

Again, being unable to affect people stronger than the user with hax isn't a resistance feat, it's just proof the hax is unable to bypass durability and thus has a severe weakness.

All the arguments trying to remove the resistances right now is essentially working on extreme, extreme double standard as the logic can be applied to literally any hax.

"Oh X Character resists Timestop? MUST BE A WEAKNESS OF THE TIMESTOP!".

"Oh Y character resists Soul destruction because their Ki grants them protection? MUST BE WEAKNESS OF THE SOUL DESTRUCTION!"

This is the logic being applied here and it's horrifically filled with double standards and blatant ignorance of the source material, namely KI grants protection.

Edit: Ninja'd by Dragomer

Edit 2:

Ionliosite said:
Again, being unable to affect people stronger than the user with hax isn't a resistance feat, it's just proof the hax is unable to bypass durability and thus has a severe weakness.
Way to ignore our arguments once more just to fit your viewpoint. Again, sheer power was NEVER the thing that allowed you to resist hax. Time and time again, characters refer to Ki as being the thing that lets them resist anything.

So no, your logic doesn't even work because it was never sheer power that let them resist it but a very esoteric energy source.

Ionliosite said:
Again this is not how this works, if that was, there would not be hax resistance at all, it wouldn't be a thing and the strongest hax in fiction would be some shit used on powerless humans which never get resisted and thus one shot TOAA.

You're trying to go even more into NFL nonsense than the site already accept.

I know this site love hax and is obsessed with going full NFL with them but that's going too far even for VSBW.

If that's your argument, let's remove all resistance via anything and replace it with a hax weakness category since all resistance on this site have the same problem.

List me all the verses that grant resistances via being stronger, because I'll make the CRTs to remove all of those if that annoys you so much.

Ionliosite said:
If that's your argument, let's remove all resistance via anything and replace it with a hax weakness category since all resistance on this site have the same problem. List me all the verses that grant resistances via being stronger, because I'll make the CRTs to remove all of those if that annoys you so much.
Blatantly ignoring our arguments time and time again won't help you. Again, Dragon Ball DOES NOT grant resistances based on sheer power. They specifically use KI as the attributing source for haxes and resistances.

So your argument on "muh brute force" DOES NOT WORK.

Litteraly every verse has a few exemple of it, even Naruto's page has his power negation resistance from other six path user.

You trying to go full 'muh hax never get resisted or it's a weak hax' is what annoy me, this site is already far enough into NLF hax wanking, no need to pretend we're even further into that.

And be prepared to make CRTs for every single pages on this wiki since hax resistance doesn't exist, those are just weakness of the hax after all, have fun with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back