• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it doesn't work this way normally. You can't just resist hax just because you have more ki or chakra or whatever.

You have to show resistance for it to qualify for that, and even then that's how haxes wirk in Dragon Ball. You simply resist inlt by becoming stronger (which makes no sense)

Gilad Hyperstar said:
But it doesn't work this way normally. You can't just resist hax just because you have more ki or chakra or whatever.
You have to show resistance for it to qualify for that, and even then that's how haxes wirk in Dragon Ball. You simply resist inlt by becoming stronger (which makes no sense)
Because you DON'T! RESIST! HAX! VIA! BRUTE! STRENGTH! REEEEE

Literally every single time they bring up "Getting more powerful", they're ALWAYS talking about one's Ki. ALWAYS. When talking about how powerful Jiren is, they specify "his Ki...".

You just saying "Ki doesn't work that way" doesn't change the fact that... it blatantly does!

No? Then explain how Goku resist Hakai or Broly resisting Goku's paralysis or Vegito turning into candy... while weaker characters don't resist it (Zamasu is erased by Beerus, Buu turns into candy by Skinny Buu etc.)

Gilad Hyperstar said:
You're litteraly telling me 'you can't resist hax by having more fuel for your hax resistance'.

No, you just become stronger because that's also one of the effect of their energy source, they corrolate and you can measure one by measuring the other but they can't cause each other, there are just cause by the same underlying source / power system

Huh so I guess we need to remove the entire future Warrior profiles because ALL OF IT IS GAMEPLAY.
The false equivalence here is so thick I can cut it with a knife. Do you know the difference between story and gameplay? Or that a moveset falls much closer to the former than the latter?

So what you're trying to say is... this character who's mastered EVERY TECHNIQUE EVER IN-CANON... used none of it against the big enemy despite the CaC being literally a Majin and it's their defining trait... Not even a "Possibly" or ANYTHING.

Yeah okay Cal. Nice one. I can totally believe my Majin CaC with Transmutation didn't once try to use Candy Beam. Nope. I can also believe that every fight I've had with Buu in the story, I've never once been hit by it. Nooope.

That's basically the level of argument you're going to here, Cal.

YES.

Does Crono resist any of Lavos's hax despite it being effing LAVOS and doesn't do anything other than hax in gameplay? No.

Does any Digimon resist the hax of Lucemon who has the same qualifications besides the RKs who show it? No.

Do any of the playable Fate CCC characters resist BB's stuff despite her having hax out the ass? ...actually yes. Because they explicitly gain resistance throughout the story.

Does Ren Fuji resist anything but soul hax despite coming from gosh darn Shinza Bansho where being haxxed af isn't enough to keep you from being fodder? No.

This is the same reason why we don't give RPG bosses resistance to [insert status here]. Because gameplay isn't canon.

There are multiple RPG bosses with their resistance tho.

You keep saying 'we don't do X' and when i look, we totaly do, it's annoying.

Gilad Hyperstar said:
If ki gives you hax resistance, then why it works in weaker people but stronger characters resist it?
Because stronger characters have better Hax resistance because their ki is better, that's also why they are stronger.

Yeah, because there's story reasons. Lavos resists X, Y, and Z because of his absorption prowess. Sephiroth? Lifestream shiz. But note how someone like Kefka has zero resistances on his profile.

And the Majin CAC not one shot transmuting everyone isn't a story reason because ? and before you ask, your species IS acknowledged in the story.

'He wanted to commit suicide in a really weird way' is the most innaccurate answer and wank the ability the most so i don't see how 'he can't' isn't the most accurate answer or is wank, if anything it's more downplay than wank compared to assuming they can actualy one shot everyone in their verse.

Instead you assume the hax one shot, i don't see how that's better or 'conservative' when you have to break the plot to make it work and inflate the ability compared to what it is in canon, if we don't know for sure, we use Occam's razor and give a 'possible resistance to X' because that's what make the most sense.

'god know why' isn't a good justification to then say 'so it totaly actualy really one shot him forever and everything from the plot to the author is wrong'.

"Instead you assume the hax one shot" I assume it because that's what is shown. Hardly an assumption.

"wah you're breaking the plot" tough shit bucko. PIS and CIS happens all the time. We can't pull abilities out of our asses to cover up for fiction not knowing how to deal with hax.

Also Resistance does not follow occam's razor at all. Saying that a character own's body is unaffected by a certain ability despite not being stated or hinted to be the case is a bigger assumption than most other solutions (Like PIS, CIS, the character just avoiding the hax (especially here since it's just a beam), etc.)

No, we are talking in the case where someone explicitly can't win against someone and the hax user doesn't one shot everyone with their hax, your assumption as to why is 'it actualy one shot everyone' i don't see how it's not a huge assumption if not outright a counter sense.

'b-b-b-b-bucko !!!!' Sure it happen all the time if you go out of your way to break the plot and make a random ability able to shot everyone forever even people who explicitly can't be beaten by the guy who has said ability.

Or, and hear me out, All of fiction isn't wrong and you're just playing up hax way too much by actively breaking everything single narrative that doesn't consider that booger manipulation can one shot multiversal beings ?

Yeah, instead of ''''''''pullling'''''''''''''' a 'possible resistance to X' like the plot is obviously going for, you instead pull out a 'it one shot everything forever that double one shot that guy my user can't ever beat' ability out of your ass and call the plot stupid for not following your random standard, so much better, what were you saying about wank again ?

Yes, it does, everything follow's occam razor, 'the simplest answer is the best' apply to hax, the answer to 'why can't A beat B despite having X ?' isn't 'A actualy one shot' it's 'X can't beat B', simple as that.

No, assuming a character can actualy totaly beat someone they explicitly can't beat and can actualy one shot everyone when they obviously can't and are actively shown not to and even to lose IS the bigger assumption, throwing all the PIS and CIS in the world can't save that argument when you're the one breaking the plot just to avoid the obvious 'he can't'.

Seriously your argument is 'Vegeta could have killed everyone short of Buu with his dirty fireworks at any point in time' tier.

Seriously, you can try to pull all the PIS and 'muh hax is best' in the world, you litteraly can't change that the simplest and most obvious answer to 'why can't A beat B despite having X ?' will always be 'because X can't beat B'.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
I still stick to my and Dragomer's points because that's just explicitly how it has always worked in DB, DBH even more so because they resist hax all the time through Ki. The concept is ridiculously simple, so why are we trying to overly complicate everything?
Because many people, this is through objective viewpoints, is bias against Dragon Ball. It's a meme but it straight up isn't at this point.

Multiple times has Dragon Ball qualified for something only for people to go "Oh wait it shouldn't qualify because (X Arbitrary Reason)" when it's BLATANTLY clear that said problem is ONLY a problem because Dragon Ball qualifies.

Just saying but whoever is calling me a DB wanker in my discord's DM and talking about this thread, stop, it's obvious you're from VSBW and i already blocked you, let's leave it at that rather than turn it into a whole drama.

Dragonball characters should have scalable Resistances FRA

The edifice for all the dragonball downplay on this site really seems like it comes down to bias ngl

Mephistus said:
I think Saikou is making more sense here.
Yeah, characters beating people they explicitly can't beat because all of fiction is wrong make a lot of sense, sure.

I know this site is obsessed with haxs but there is a limit to reaching before your arms fall down.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
"My arguments aren't good enough to hold their own so I'll just accuse people on the other side of the debate as being biased."
Keep pretending your side didn't start with the whole 'The profiles are biased toward DB', Even Cal admitted he though DB was privilegied.

Didn't see you complain or say it was bad arguing was it was coming from uber hax wank side (but let's be honest, just like Cal was salty about his character losing, you're salty about Sonic character losing.)

Dragomer said:
Keep pretending your side didn't start with the whole 'The profiles are biased toward DB', Even Cal admitted he though DB was privilegied.

Didn't see you complain or say it was bad arguing was it was coming from uber hax wank side (but let's be honest, just like Cal was salty about his character losing, you're salty about Sonic character losing.)
You realize that Bill is treated far worse here than DB right?

Also let's be honest, if this was an upgrade thread instead of downgrade thread, some mod would have closed it already in mid discussion.

No, he isn't, at best he is getting some backlash now because he had been 'lol snap' god for a long ass time.

@Dragomer Should I point out that you started off by accusing Cal of creating the thread for being "petty" to make his character win? Here, I'll even quote it for you.

Dragomer said:
Yeah, okay so it's just a petty thread to make your character win on another thread, all the resistance with the same logic are fine, it's just the one that make Goku win against your character that need to go, how convenient, too bad it doesn't need to go, it's perfectly justified even without Vegito.
Since forever, we don't use the power statement in it, we don't use the maps, we don't use the multipliers, the daizenshuu has been refused basicaly every time i brough it up on multiple threads.
Have you ever stopped to think that Cal made this thread because just maybe, he saw arguments used on a versus thread that highlighted issues with the profile? Surely that's a far more reasonable point of view than to accuse people of bias because you just don't have good arguments to refute Cal and the people agreeing with him.

No, this started out by Cal litteraly saying DB is getting priviledge no one else getting and even saying it in previous threads that led to this one.

I have and i dismissed it because it's not credible and even Cal clearly admitted to doing that over a feeling of unfairness rather than anything actualy objective.

'y-y-y-you don't have arguments', read above, buddy, litteraly the last argument your side is still holding on to is 'saying a character can't one shot their verse because of a random ability is wank' and that's not solide at all.

Litteraly 'i don't know, PIS' is basicaly the last bastion of defense against 'why would they say they can't beat a character when by your logic they have an ability that one shot them and can be spammed'.

Alright, besides ad homins and other useless junk, what is the proof for scaling resistances?

You will need hard proof to give over it being resisted through ki and such.

If you don't have any, this thread will be closed due to toxicity and the resistances will be removed.

Can we, like, calm the hell down here and stop coming for each others throats here guys? I get that this debate is getting heated but theres 0 reason or excuse for anyone here to be uncivilized when discussing this.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Alright, besides ad homins and other useless junk, what is the proof for scaling resistances?
You will need hard proof to give over it being resisted through ki and such.

If you don't have any, this thread will be closed due to toxicity and the resistances will be removed.
Read above, quotes about strength being the reason, people resisting in DBH and DBX the same way Vegeto did litteraly by being stronger, basicaly all of DBX2 with a Majin character ETC.

Multiple people already did, that's the whole thread.

Okay, no, that's ******* bulshit abuse of powers, if a thread get closed due to toxicity, whatever revision it was trying to do can't and shouldn't go through, multiple CRTs were shut down like that and it litteraly never got the CRT passing, that's the whole point of closing it for toxicity, you can't even play the consensus card because most people don't even agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back