• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilad Hyperstar said:
But he still can't use abilities or do anything other than physical attacks.
And again, that's a weakness of Buu's hax and not a resistance for Vegito or Trunks just because he's stronger
That literally doesn't negate the fact that they resisted it

Honestly where is "It's a weakness of the hax" even coming from? How can Transmutation which logically goes through durability have such a silly weakness in the first place? It legitmately makes no sense. Let me guess, Buu's specifically has the weakness?

@Zenkai

Oh cry me a f*cking river. DB is the only verse to my knowledge where hax are so sh*t that you can power through them through sheer strength. It has nothing to do with bias, only the really poor hax mechanics that the verse functions on. And yes, it's a weakness of the hax. When every resistance-less 2-C and their mother can power through Hakai, that's the Hakai's problem. Whether it ignores durability against weaker characters is meaningless since at that point, what even is the point of using it.

They resist it through power which is synonymous with Ki. Ergo, per verse equalization stronger characters possess more Ki, ergo, they can resist, ergo, resisting it in-verse does not mean hax from other verses without this convention won't affect them.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
That literally doesn't negate the fact that they resisted it

Honestly where is "It's a weakness of the hax" even coming from? How can Transmutation which logically goes through durability have such a silly weakness in the first place? It legitmately makes no sense. Let me guess, Buu's specifically has the weakness?
Except that Buu's Candy Beam don't ignore durability since stronger characters such as Vegito can still fight and resist it.

Also Yes, Buu specifically have this weakness

Alright I will, my apologies. Sorry but it feels like I've repeated myself ad-nauseum in this thread.

Yes, I get it.

This thread happened at least five times already. The reason nothing was changed was for the simple fact that it ends up worse for DB regardless.

Either you admit that power is the reason to scaling the hax resistance, which downgrades the haxes, or you say that it doesn't get resisted with power alone, in which case no-one resists.

Regardless they can't have it both ways. They can't both resist DB haxes through power alone and at the same time claim that they also resists the same hax from other cerses where you can't resist hax through power alone

Akreious said:
Tagoma also didn't have his guard up (AKA his Ki up) because he didn't expect a frog to swap ******* souls with him.

Y'know, something everyone else who resisted hax had up.
Guard up or not, he is still several orders of magnitudes stronger than him. Tagoma doesnt have good ki control, he cant lower his ki unlike Z-fighters, so his ki is always up. Neither Frieza or any of his henchmen had good ki control, they dont know how to conserve their ki.

Ginyu in Goku's near-death body was about to switch soul with Vegeta, despite Vegeta obviously having his ki up and Ginyu barely being alive. The difference in power was also several orders of magnitudes.

AKM sama said:
Dragon Ball needs to be deleted from the wiki.
I don't blame you.

It must be tiring for you to deal with the same bs everyday especially when they bring the same CRT over and over again..

You have done a lot in this wiki. Just take a break. You deserved it!

I dont really see how these situations is only brought to 2 possible outcomes, that's a clear false dichotomy. Which is only brought about by an opinionated "verse equalization". Other series shouldn't have powers and Resistances from other series and they definitely shouldn't have Ki. If Ethier series is at a disadvantage because of this, then so be it bruh. Like, if a move only worked on ki users for example then it only works on ki users. It shouldn't affect someone like Walter white because people want to give everyone Ki.

Anyways, I would like to mention that these hax Resistances should only work and scale from the abilites shown to work like this and from the level it was shown to work. I dont think saiyan saga yamcha should resist some human level Existence Erasure since his level of power hasn't shown to be able to overcome that. It clearly starts at certain level of power. Time skip for example, ssb Vegeta couldn't resist it but Ssb kaioken Goku could with his power.

Also if I had to choose from the 2 outcomes I would go with remove the Resistances and state the abilities have weakness, since alot of them are clearly powerbase.

I mean, that's probably not a weakness of the hax but an upgrade for DB characters so they resist hax via Ki be it in or out verse as long as they're stronger

Omegas03 said:
I mean, that's probably not a weakness of the hax but an upgrade for DB characters so they resist hax via Ki be it in or out verse as long as they're stronger
but remember you can't have your cake and eat it too.

So it means that the hax only works on weaker characters, meaning this is a weakness for the character using it.

For Buu's case: "Weaknesses: ...His candy beam is resisted by characters with more ki than his"

For Hit's case: "Weaknesses: ...His time skip ability only works on weaker characters and fails against characters with more ki then his

For any Hakai user: "His/her hakai doesn't work against characters stronger than them

ArmBill said:
Also if I had to choose from the 2 outcomes I would go with remove the Resistances and state the abilities have weakness, since alot of them are clearly powerbase.
Agreed. If their hax relies in power level then it's a weakness of the respective hax rather than the victim having a resistance

So, this goes through then what? Dragon Ball characters get almost no resistances and their hax is useless against anyone with the AP advantage?

It's already is in verse, so it's not like DB doesn't face it already (like how Hit's tkme skip is overpowered by power, or Toppo's hakai, or Buu's candy beam, or Goku's God Bind)

Gilad Hyperstar said:
It's already is in verse, so it's not like DB doesn't face it already (like how Hit's tkme skip is overpowered by power, or Toppo's hakai, or Buu's candy beam, or Goku's God Bind)
Well if that goes through get ready to revise A LOT of Verses because if you think this concept is exclusive to DB you're unfortunately mistaken.

Why add weakness to Dragon Ball characters' abilities when they are not backup by valid statements or as such?

Ginyu's body change working on those who stronger and Buu absorbing a stronger Gohan prove that working on they can work on stronger individuals already, for example, and these cases look to negate these weakness points.

I rather leave the judgment of standard resistance from DB on a case by case basis unless clearer evidences are found so I disagree with the weakness proposals.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Guess it's time to remove majority of dragon ball resistances as well as literally any verse who has resistances based on overpowering the ability because "It's the weakness of the hax" Yet another standard to go through because a DB character was doing well? Interesting
This is really happening a lot XD

Shubham Sonsurkar said:
Doesn't that also mean who ever their fighting against if they are weaker then DB character their hax will not work?
If that were the case we wouldn't be treating it as a weakness of said Dragon Ball characters hax.

And Elizhaa the propsal isn't all of Dragon Ball hax gets the weakness section it will be case by case as I understand, Hit's Time Skip will get the weakness but Guldo's Time Stop won't, Buu's Transmutation will get it but his Absoprtion won't, Hakai will get it but Zen'o's erasure won't, only stuff that has shown that it won't work on people with higher AP will get the resistance not all of Dragon Ball's Hax, just because some Hax doesn't have the weakness doesn't negate that others do.

Well if that goes through get ready to revise A LOT of Verses because if you think this concept is exclusive to DB you're unfortunately mistaken.

If it's not DBZ then it's definitely limited to shounen. Because other series don't rely on simple power and like to give weaker characters an edge so fights aren't just "bigger number win."

Case by case. Hax that does bypass durability and people who resist it can keep their resistances, but if it's overpowered by raw strength then that's just a weakness of the ability.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Case by case. Hax that does bypass durability and people who resist it can keep their resistances, but if it's overpowered by raw strength then that's just a weakness of the ability.
Exactly

Funny how Buu's absorption works on stronger people but as soon as Vegito uses ki energy he completely nullifies that shit.

Funny how Goku's regular punches can't do anything to Hit but his ki can block intangible attacks and non-corporeal beings.

Funny how Goku's boby can't handle Lavender's poison but negs that shit when using Ki.

Funny how Vegeta has to surround his hand with aura to negate a hakai instead of just throwing a regular punch.

Funny how Base Goku and Golden Frieza resist the hakai ball despite being weaker than the hakai itself.

Funny how in the DBS manga controling your ki gives you different abilities you never had before.

Funny how no one believes there's different properties between physical attacks and ki attacks.

Only haxes shown to get overpowered by AP (Goku using Kaioken to overpower Hit's time skip, Vegito being able to move despite being turned to a candy, and Vegeta resisting Toppo's hakai)

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Only haxes shown to get overpowered by AP (Goku using Kaioken to overpower Hit's time skip, Vegito being able to move despite being turned to a candy, and Vegeta resisting Toppo's hakai)
In hakai's case it'll just be it's weakness to ki.

Ki is treated as almost interchangable with AP, as ki attack usually behave the same as physical attacks in terms of AP, and they can be held, pushed away and beams can clash with each other

I don't agree with that DB weakness tho, other for debatably hakai. Whole thread was just resistances don't scale.

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Ki is treated as almost interchangable with AP, as ki attack usually behave the same as physical attacks in terms of AP, and they can be held, pushed away and beams can clash with each other
If ki has feats of nullifying attacks that are considered hax then obviously Ki has more properties than just AP.

I mean Chakra, Reiatsu, Haki, and Nen also dictate your AP depending on the quantity you have, but that doesn't change that they have certain properties unrelated to AP. They offer certain abilites and resistances sometimes. Why is applying that same principle for Ki such a hard concept lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back