• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some John Wick feats in the comics

W╠Âe╠ ╠Ân╠Âe╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âp╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Âm╠Âi╠Âc╠ ╠Âv╠Âe╠Âr╠Âs╠Âi╠Âo╠Ân╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Âg╠Âa╠Âi╠Ân╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âe╠Âa╠Âc╠Âh╠Âo╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Ât╠Âb╠Âh╠Â

Nani

Would like to see them calcs tho. Should be pretty interesting.

Not only is the calc unaccepted, I don't think she actually dodged anything. It looks like the blonde just missed every shot.

Qawsedf234 said:
Not only is the calc unaccepted, I don't think she actually dodged anything. It looks like the blonde just missed every shot.
Nope, she jumped out right before the shots hit her human shield. This is the actual feat, and the blonde's the one who does the dodging.
RCO008 (1)
M3X forgot to add this scan into his calc.

Yeah, that's not aim dodging and it's pretty consistent for Calamity ( the blonde ) who also has a feat of dodging a motorcycle going top speed zipping right past her head.

All of the bullets hit the body shield and there's no indication as to when she started to move. To call it bullet timing is a stretch.

The body shield that was standing behind her while holding her in place? She then jumps while getting shot at point blank, jumps over the guard and avoids the bullets. To say it isn't bullet timing sounds like a stretch if anything. Bullet timing feats happen quite consistently in the comic.

@Qawsedf

So which of the feats do you accept, and what, if any, upgrades would you suggest from them?

I think the kid Wick and the other running scene probably supports a superhuman rating for out running the aim of multiple shooters in decent lighting conditions

That's gonna make John Wick's stats more stronger. The comic book of it is a prequel to the films that shows John Wick's careers before he retired for 5 years.

Qawsedf234 said:
I think the kid Wick and the other running scene probably supports a superhuman rating for out running the aim of multiple shooters in decent lighting conditions
This can probably be applied.

Actually, wait, is the John Wick profile a composite? Or alternatively, are the comics acknowledged by the movies? If no to both, any stats derived by these should be a new key, no?

Maybe you linked the wrong article? Because I don't see the statement for the canonicity of the comics, which are besides the point anyhow. We don't use these supposedly "canon" games and comics to scale other characters very much, what makes Wick so special?

Are the comics acknowledged by the movies? If no to both, any stats derived by these should be a new key, no?

Which are besides the point anyhow. We don't use these supposedly "canon" games and comics to scale other characters very much, what makes Wick so special?

In my opinion a second "Comics" key is a much better fit for the changes proposed

Zark2099 said:
We don't use these supposedly "canon" games and comics to scale other characters very much, what makes Wick so special?
That's probably because said comics and games arent canon? And if they are then they should be used. Cant say much here but if these comics are in fact canon, and the canonicity comes from a reliable source like a director or something then it isnt a case of being special, it's just using canon information.

They're loose canon, by that logic every single Spider-Man should be scaling to the Spider-Verse event, since that was supposedly canon too despite never being mentioned by their original sources. Hell we don't even see AoS or other verse being compatible with franchises like MCU. Also, stuff like this leads to massively inflated tiers overtime, slightly exaggerated example would be Legends Canon from Star Wars.

It isn't like the directors and writers themselves are supervising the comics. Also, when has there ever been a problem with keying these sorts of stuff? It's only helping with consistency. The two keys concept is a very neat compromise for both the worlds.

Directors and Reeves themselves gave the comics their blessings. Just sayin'.

And Kevin Feige insisted that the Marvel TV Shows connect with the Movies before Disney+. We all know how well directors consider stuff like this before making their films.

There is a 2003 Daredevil Comic and a Dark Knight direct-to-DVD animated special that is stated to be canon, despite very clearly having little to relevance to the films themselves. The Dark Knight one I remember can upgrade the Verse significantly. Hell, Marvel Animated lists a ton of cartoon shows that supoosed belong to the same universe, despite having little to no continuity

Zark, I doubt that the reason why spidermans dont scale from the spiderverse event is because of some arbitrary reason like that. It's probably because outliers and Marvel being inconsistent as all hell and mostly acts on the rule of cool half the time. Agents of Shield should be compatible with MCU, isnt it literally disney and the same actors even (minus big names that cost way to much)? While taking place in the same established world? Star Wars has explicitly different canons though? It aint the same canon being used to scale the same canon i dont think. And for massively inflated tiers, that's called looking at consistency and seeing what's an outlier or not not banning the use of canon information.

Cant say anything on if these comics are indeed canon or who or what is being supervised, but if they are in fact cano then theyre 100% usable by virtue of being canon, and it aint a case of being special, it's literally how these things work, it being a different medium doesnt invalidate it.

>There is a 2003 Daredevil Comic and a Dark Knight direct-to-DVD animated special that is stated to be canon, despite very clearly having little to relevance to the films themselves.

It being relevant doesnt mean it aint canon. Jaco the galactic patrolman is canon but Bulma's sister is the most nonrelevant thing in dbz history. Or Jiya which is even worse with the only relation being it's where the galactic patrol came from.

>The Dark Knight one I remember can upgrade the Verse significantly. Hell, Marvel Animated lists a ton of cartoon shows that supoosed belong to the same universe, despite having little to no continuity

It seems to me youre taking things that arent relevant or things that have outliers to mean they arent canon, as that's what I'm getting from your posts. You need to understand that even though something isnt important, doesnt mean it aint canon and apart of that story officially and that even though outliers exist, that doesnt invalidate it being canon.

Back