• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Cosmology up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the cosmology was separated by some notable writers, decided to throw in a comic from a neutral atvor as a baseline for scaling the cosmology.

In a multiverse, there are universes with any number of spatial dimensions (From League of Justice#2)
We witness the birth and deaths of countless universes: see time create itself in a myriad of different vectors: Experience being folded into any number of spatial dimensions
From this it is already possible for the rest of cosmology to attract Low 1-A and even 1-A. As an example with Morpheus.

There are dreams that are more real than reality,and they are infinitely recursive. (The Sandman#15) And thus Morpheus must have 1-A. He can also drive a person into an infinite layers Dream.(The Sandman#1)

Last edited:
I'm not sure we can use League of Justice since its an Elseworlds story.

Additionally, the writer seems to have limited contribution to the overall cosmology.

That's not much to work with regarding our RF standards.

I'm not sure we can use League of Justice since its an Elseworlds story.
Elseworld is just as much a part of the DC multiverse only an alternate reality. Kindom Come is also Elseworld(But his connection was shown to the main universe ). I don't see any problem with using this to scale for the entire multiverse
Additionally, the writer seems to have limited contribution to the overall cosmology.
Well, that shouldn't say anything at all as long as it doesn't contradict cosmology.

Elseworld is just as much a part of the DC multiverse only an alternate reality. Kindom Come is also Elseworld(But his connection was shown to the main universe ). I don't see any problem with using this to scale for the entire multiverse

Well, that shouldn't say anything at all as long as it doesn't contradict cosmology.
In any case, do we have any context or examples of the dimensions in this example being superior to the other.

I disagree with the proposals.
In a multiverse, there are universes with any number of spatial dimensions (From League of Justice#2)
Sounds like a huge NLF to extrapolate this as meaning individual universes can be tiered at high 1-B or low 1-A. From a semantic lens, "any" does not entail "all." [Any] implies a selection from a larger set, while [all] encompasses the whole set without exception. Even then, there's nothing saying any, or even all, would imply infinite dimensions as opposed to any/all which have been shown. Not to mention, you'd have to prove these spatial dimensions hold qualitative superiority or otherwise meet tiering standards.
There are dreams that are more real than reality,and they are infinitely recursive. (The Sandman#15) And thus Morpheus must have 1-A. He can also drive a person into an infinite layers Dream.(The Sandman#1)
"Infinite layers" has no inherent implications unless we have reason to believe each layer is unreachable or [beyond] infinitely transcendent to lower layers. At best, as someone else had said, this seems to be describing an endless loop where dreams encompass dreams.

You seem to be suggesting possible R>F to prove such a gap between "layers," but I disagree with your interpretation. "More real than reality" seems like flowery language to describe an especially immersive kind of 'lucid dream.'
Dreams in general have a habit of being fictional by default,
Sagan standard
but in DC cosmology dreams are more real than reality.(Not just because of the instructions but because of belonging to the Sphere of the Gods, the same New Gods see mortal realities as bubbles).
I feel like this is a non sequitor? Are you saying these endless dream layers have R>F because they exist in the sphere of gods, thus the "reality" the dreams are more real than is creation/the multiverse? From what I got in reading your proposals, it seemed like the whole construct existed in the sphere of gods. Now, it seems like you're suggesting that the "floor" of this construct ("reality") is creation, and the hierarchy extends through the multiverse and past the god sphere. Regardless, if visually trivializing something was enough to qualify for a beyond infinite gap in and of itself, Zeno's palace in DBS would have long since been upgraded to low 1-C.

In any case, do we have any context or examples of the dimensions in this example being superior to the other.
Maybe I don't understand something, but here the infinite-dimensional beyonder was accepted without proof of a qualitative difference between the dimensions. But there is this.

I'm asking whether one dream is superior to another dream and how.
Um... Well, a dream is an illusion created by the human brain, and it's not real, it's a fiction (In this case it's the other way round) and a dream within a dream should logically be like that, no?

Sounds like a huge NLF to extrapolate this as meaning individual universes can be tiered at high 1-B or low 1-A. From a semantic lens, "any" does not entail "all." [Any] implies a selection from a larger set, while [all] encompasses the whole set without exception. Even then, there's nothing saying any, or even all, would imply infinite dimensions as opposed to any/all which have been shown. Not to mention, you'd have to prove these spatial dimensions hold qualitative superiority or otherwise meet tiering standards.
You're right about the definition of the word "any." It implies any choice from a set. In this case the set is numbers, and how many numbers do we have? Right, infinity/above infinity, aleph zero, aleph one, and so on.

"Infinite layers" has no inherent implications unless we have reason to believe each layer is unreachable or [beyond] infinitely transcendent to lower layers. At best, as someone else had said, this seems to be describing an endless loop where dreams encompass dreams.

You seem to be suggesting possible R>F to prove such a gap between "layers," but I disagree with your interpretation. "More real than reality" seems like flowery language to describe an especially immersive kind of 'lucid dream.'
As I said above, a dream is an illusion(in this case vice versa) and a dream for a dream is an illusion for a dream(in this case vice versa)

You're right about the definition of the word "any." It implies any choice from a set. In this case the set is numbers, and how many numbers do we have? Right, infinity/above infinity, aleph zero, aleph one, and so on.
Infinity isnt a number, the any part would mean any quantifiable number, which would be enough for countless 1-B, if proven qualitifully superior

Last edited:
For a story to scale to a specific cosmology, it needs to either be written by one of the main authors of that cosmology or have a clear and direct connection to it beyond simply "is also a DC comic."
Is that a policy or something that has been accepted somewhere?

Could you show me?

For a story to scale to a specific cosmology, it needs to either be written by one of the main authors of that cosmology or have a clear and direct connection to it beyond simply "is also a DC comic."
Kind of unfair to DC. Since in other universes, which also have many authors, there is no such rule, and in the same Marvel(In a track that used literally unrelated stories. )

Last edited:
I didn't find that in there, can you give a quote? And why isn't that Marvel and DC's scaling rules?

Last edited:
Kind of unfair to DC. Since in other universes, which also have many authors, there is no such rule, and in the same Marvel(In a track that used literally unrelated stories. )
The sheer level of intricacy in DC and Marvel is unparalleled, and we just haven't gotten to Marvel yet.
Nah, I don't see why we should ignore the literal explicit mention of dimensions
I wasn't asking you, and the "literal explicit mention of dimensions" is nowhere near enough for such an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back