• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some John Wick feats in the comics

@Chariot I'm not panning the idea of cross scaling due to different mediums, I'm panning the idea because it's clear that the comics aren't being considered by filmmakers while creating the film. They're loose canon at best, and unless the movies are specifically acknowledging the comics, I don't think they should exactly be used since it results in the posiibility of the profiles deviating from the films

@Cropfist So are comics mainstream now? They're obscure as well, especially if they're being used for something other than supporting feats. That's the entire point of my argument.

>I'm not panning the idea of cross scaling due to different mediums, I'm panning the idea because it's clear that the comics aren't being considered by filmmakers while creating the film. They're loose canon at best, and unless the movies are specifically acknowledging the comics, I don't think they should exactly be used

But you are doing exacty that, if they're canon, and the filmdirectors said so, then they are by defnition, canon. The movies dont need to shove them down your throat to make them canon, it's probably why they're comics to begin with, so the movies can focus on their own story without muddying it up with nonrelevant information that you can find out by reading said comics while also telling stories and things that cant be properly told and shown within a movie without taking away from other more important things.

>I don't think they should exactly be used since it results in the posiibility of the profiles deviating from the films

You'd have a point if any deviations existed, from what I know, no contradictions exist within the story due to comics.

>So are comics mainstream now? They're obscure as well, especially if they're being used for something other than supporting feats. That's the entire point of my argument.

I think Crop was saying the only reasons your examples arent used is because nobody is even aware of it, and if they were, then theyd be used, not that being obscure means it aint canon.

In the long run, you're talking a hypothetical what if possibility that you have no idea is going to happen and are utilizing one of the most promenent examples of it when no such thing like that is happening (plus i thought legends was a different canon then disney).

If we do what you're trying to say then we'd essentially have to overhaul numerous profiles because maybe a contradction may happen in the future and because of double standards.

I think that Zark makes sense for the examples that he used, but am not sure if this type of convoluted incoherence is a problem for the John Wick verse in particular.

You might be able to find more information in our Cano page.

Technically speaking the comics take place waaaaaay before the John Wick 1 and 2, so I am uncertain, though Dynamite Comics did intend it to be an official prologue to John Wick's career as an assassin.

So, according to our canon page, Primary canon will be the movies, with the secondary canon being the comics. The movies will always supercede the comics in the scenario there's a contradiction.

Currently, there are seemingly no contradictions made (since there are no upgrades here, right?), so the feats can be very well added, but in future cases it should be noted that any major changes that contradict the limits as shown in the film, will not likely be added.

@Antvasima Some folks are trying to upgrade the composite James Bond to 9-A based off of explosion calcs found in some comic books. I have a certain nervousness taking chances on these things, especially drawn media, since artistic exaggerations lead to extremely high calcs

The James Bond profile is a composite one and I think the 9-A was later rectified by Bambu to be 9-B.

Yes it is, but it is an analogous situation to this one, where someone attempts to use secondary canon sources to revise characters.

Anyhow, that detail is irrelevant anyhow, the point was to show that secondary canon tends to result in significantly higher stats overtime

It is good that you are concerned about that our profiles should be reliable. Thank you for helping out.

So what should we do here then?

All except the last feat should be fine to add to the profile as justification. There are seemingly no statistic changes or anything.

The last feat needs to be calced first, and, if it is compatible with 9-B Wick, can be added onto as well

What Zark accepted is probably fine, and somebody should try to find the missing calculation.

Zark2099 said:
All except the last feat should be fine to add to the profile as justification. There are seemingly no statistic changes or anything.

The last feat needs to be calced first, and, if it is compatible with 9-B Wick, can be added onto as well
Here.

Back