• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Ideas For Potential Avatar Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, then this is a problem. Though I'm pretty sure we see a cloud to ground lightning in the show
I honestly don't remember that part. Maybe when Zuko was out in the rain or Iron was. If that feat never happened then we can at least still use the reaction feat from Toph but yeah again, the current calc was never accepted

They already got much faster reactions by scaling from Zuko blocking the lighting Azula sent at Katara
bro i got all their reaction speeds saved on my pc their easily hypersonic+ causally but can go up to mhs due to lightning. and the spirit blitzed mako who has lightning reaction scaling

zukos calc dont even matter
1- amon dodged lightning closed range vs the lightning guy
2- azula caught lightning and sent it back in the comics
3-aang outpacing explosion bending with air
4-korra reactions to explosions with airbending
5-iroh outpacing azulas lightning (it came out her hand) then reflecting it http://prntscr.com/xmw0cp i got gif and scans for days but find it hard to post it here
6-aang dodging multiple lightnings from ozai, which the first time he did it ozai shot first and aang used air bending for speed to dodge and all bendings are natural
7-irohs lightning from clouds feat
8- zukos outpacing lightning and doing it to ozai http://prntscr.com/xmw409
9-i refuse to allow anyone to say avatar isnt mhs , thats foolishness at this point.

Yeah, I've pretty much heard the arguments. Avatar Lightning is clearly real lightning considering literally every other element is real. That, and it has scientific details of real lightning based on Iroh's description; (positive energy means Proton charged kinetic energy and negative energy means negative charged kinetic energy).

Ok but he would need more criteria for lightning though. It can’t just be 1 thing and then that’s it. It wouldn’t be fair for other verse that had to have like over 3 criteria for the lightning standard but this just needs 1. Doesn’t Iroh reacts to an actually lightning strike?

Isn't there a requirement where you need to be a high enough tier for the lightning to be considered legitimate also? I may be misremembering.

The way the scene's shot is weird, do we take this as reaction or aim dodging?

dont matter tbh, look at azula vs zuko, before she fired lightning which came out of her hands via the link i gave above iroh outpaced that then reflected it

I don’t even know again if they are shooting actual lightning. They only gave out 1 criteria for what a lightning bolt is but that’s it. The only thing that’s way more impressive of just Iroh deflecting a lightning strike in the video above. Also question but do we have any calcs for different types of lightning? cause this one doesn’t look like a cloud-to-ground lightning strike

Yeah, I've pretty much heard the arguments. Avatar Lightning is clearly real lightning considering literally every other element is real. That, and it has scientific details of real lightning based on Iroh's description; (positive energy means Proton charged kinetic energy and negative energy means negative charged kinetic energy).
Iroh was never referring to science with his "positive" and "negative" take on energy. He was talking about Yin and Yang.

yes sure but thats how real lightning is also, plus all BENDING is natural so it dont even matter .. why would every other bending be natural but lightning? dont make sense
I don't think the concept of Yin and Yang is involved irl Lightning.
I don't care about ATLA profiles tbh, wanted to clarify.

You'll still have to prove the speed of lightning though.
Unlike for example Earth, Wind, or Water which benders mostly acquire through natural means (using the environmental resources), Lightning is produced with Yin and Yang energies, fictional energies.

I don't think the concept of Yin and Yang is involved irl Lightning.
I don't care about ATLA profiles tbh, wanted to clarify.

You'll still have to prove the speed of lightning though.
Unlike for example Earth, Wind, or Water which benders aquire through natural means (using the environment resources), Lightning is produced with Yin and Yang energies, fictional energies.
um i like how you ignored fire bending lol which is literally like air bending and once again all bendings are natural. this isnt a debate its lore. also your comment is the reason we have this joke https://prnt.sc/xnz8xz

plus mako also used machine generated lightning and sent it back when a mech tank captured him.. so theres that plus the power plant lightning benders

um i like how you ignored fire bending lol which is literally like air bending and once again all bendings are natural. this isnt a debate its lore. also your comment is the reason we have this joke https://prnt.sc/xnz8xz
I ignored Fire because I am not sure about it, we never question the legitimacy of fire, water wind or earth when it comes to VSB, we usually only question Lightning because it's huge for speed.
All those verses in your "meme" had to prove that their lighting is the speed of actual lightning by providing multiple actual scientific criteria for "Lightning", all you have is "All elements are natural".
I don't think that's enough, anyway, I said what I wanted to say, decide for yourself.

cept we literally have a cloud lightning reaction, even if iroh predicted he still has to move his arms to catch it. Which isnt a outiner since he outpaced azulas to save zuko as for your yin yang thing i googled it, they dont say its fake or real tbh its just more of a "balance" type thing

and via new manga arc chakra was literally proven NOT to be natural so i doubt chakra lightning proved anything

cept we literally have a cloud lightning reaction, even if iroh predicted he still has to move his arms to catch it.
Iroh was already in the pose before lightning struck.
and via new manga arc chakra was literally proven NOT to be natural so i doubt chakra lightning proved anything
I get your point but until you make a CRT to debunk it, Naruto lightning stands as in Lighting Speed via having a lot of criteria.

i dont gotta debunk what the manga debunked itself lol and tbh im fine with any power lightning being that speed.. it dont really bother me was just making a point but as for iroh.. he was standing still and looking around then the lightning striked down. either way its a reaction to the highest level oh and btw he also tanked the heat coming out of that lightning which should be good heat resistance no?

That was why the calc (thats currently being used) was reject since even the person who made the calc agreed that there is no proof that lightning benders dont actually shoot real lightning.

Also again I want to know do we use calcs for different types of lightning other than the cloud-to-ground ones

Last edited:
him predicting still needs reaction time tho... if i can predict where you gonna shoot me .. i can dodge it ofc but i need reaction speed also... like look at luffy vs kaido.. he can predict the future but still got blitz

alot of people try to low ball them but they got too many lightning reactions feat to ignore . also the spirit blitzing a injured mako(arm) who has lightning reaction scaling , should be a solid mhs

him predicting still needs reaction time tho... if i can predict where you gonna shoot me .. i can dodge it ofc but i need reaction speed also... like look at luffy vs kaido.. he can predict the future but still got blitz
Yeah I was thinking of something else but then this came up in my mind lol so yeah disregard that. Well the calc we are using still needs to be disregarded since it was rejected anyways. We need to calc iron predicting the lightning strike though

well idk anything about calcs but most of these would possibly hit hypersonic+ possibly mhs
1-iroh predicting/reacting calc
2-azula catching zukos lightning calc
3-amon dodging lightning after it was fired calc
4- zuko reacting to ozais lightning after it was fired calc
5-aang doing the same as zuko via air tornado and also catching lightning calc
6-iroh outpacing azulas lightning to save zukos calc
7-spirit man blitzing mako

Bro. 2-6 is the reason why the calc was rejected in the first place by the mere fact that it doesn't have the criteria for lightning benders shoot actual lightning strikes. The first thing "iroh predicting/reacting calc" is pretty much the only thing that can keep them Hypersonic and up

thats false, toph reacting to explosions in the comics , korra reacting to it via air waves, aang vs sparky boom man reacting to his blast, and su reacting to sparky girl before her blast can leave her head so they got more feats to keep them hypersonic other than lightning. And yes ofc they shoot actual lightning why would they be shooting fake ones? are any bending fake? ice,lava,metal,fog,mist,plant,blood,sound(air benders kinda),glass (novel) ,all sub bendings and prime are also natural so why would out of ALL of them lightning be fake? it dont make sense man and anyone trynna say that is low balling. Mako also redirected machine generated lightning from the mecha tank when it had him captured.

Iroh doesn't mention anything about protons or electrons, but he mentions an "Imbalance" of positive energy and negative energy. And he does compare it to Yin and Yang, but there is still a lot more details and nature about Avatar's lore to consider Avatar lightning real lightning than the opposite.

Iroh doesn't mention anything about protons or electrons, but he mentions an "Imbalance" of positive energy and negative energy. And he does compare it to Yin and Yang
No, he doesn't compare anything to anything, he literally refers to positive and negative energies as Yin and Yang without comparison.
Yin and Yang are the energies and it has nothing to do with science.
"There's energy all around us, the energy is both Yin and Yang, Positive energy and Negative energy"
but there is still a lot more details and nature about Avatar's lore to consider Avatar lightning real lightning than the opposite.
I don't think any have been posted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back