• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Abilities for Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i decided to make this thread because Elizhaa brought up two things that she thinks that Pokémon in general need to have, i will be updating this as we go.

First thing that she proposed was the addition of Extrasensory Perception because Non-Physical Interaction gives you that, apparently.

And the Second and last one is the addition of Resistance to Soul Manipulation to all pokémon via taking hits and not be one-shotted by Ghost type attacks. Likewise, if this is accepted, Dark mons should have extreme resistance to it and Normal mons would problaby be immune to it, or just have a higher resistance of Soul Manip than Dark mons. Psychic and Ghost type Pokémons are strange, they are not one-shotted, but they are weak to it, so they could either have Soul Manip not to be mentioned on the profile, added as a weakness, or just put that it resist Soul Manip, even though Game Mechanics say otherwise.

Other option is that Ghost type attacks don't have Soul Manipulation aspects, i don't know how they got that, but i don't see why they should have Soul Manip

I do not recall Non-Physical Interaction granting Extrasenry Perception by default, ghost-type pokemon aren't spiritually invisible by default neither to grant that ability.

And why ghost-type pokemon would one-shot other beings? They do not destroy one soul in one go, I do not recall such statement.

Non-Physical Interaction does not give you Extrasensory Perception.

What is your evidence for every ghost type attack attacking the soul? also immunity isn't a thing unless you have something stating those pokemon lack a soul.

I'm against both of these.

Why would you gain extrasensory perception because of non-physical interaction? I don't get it.

Ghost attacks are just attacks made from spectral or ghostly energy. They aren't manipulating or destroying the soul of their targets.

Yeah I disagree with both these too. NPI=/=ESP as everyone else has already said, and just because you're a ghost doesn't mean every attack hits the soul. Hell, not all soul manip even needs to negate durability, so even if they could it wouldn't necessarily be a resistance.

Ummm, maybe i should wait for she to make a thread about those explaining her point better, also, i updated the OP in relation to Soul Manipulation on Ghost type attacks

You only get an immunity to soul manipulation via not having one, and even then Enrico Pucci exists with his power of inserting souls to mess with people.

No to both. Ghosts aren't invisible in Pokémon. Anyone can see them.

Also like I said somewhere else before, ghost types have NPI with their ghost-type attacks, not soul manip.

This could also mean that Ghost type attacks would lose their Soul Manipulation effect?

Since when they have that? I mean, it wouldn't be strange that few pokemon have that power, but all ghost types?

Neither do i, but i recall that some Ghost type attacks granted Soul Manip, as i have seen in some profiles, like Murkrow's profile

Some Pokémon do have soul manip, like Chandelure and other soul-stealing mons, but that's not inherent to either ghost types or ghost type attacks.

I vehemently disagree with both suggestions, and Saikou raises a valid point on this.

They're not attacking the soul as much as they're just using spiritual energy when using Ghost type moves.

It's one specific case where the ghosts aren't even invisible, just in a different form. And the Pokémon are explictly affected by it.

You can't close threads.

Instead it will remain open forever, reminding you every day of your past mistakes as the disagreements keep pilling up.

Or I could just close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back