• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epsilon_R

He/Him
Lucius should gain a layer of power modification, mind and soul manip as his Soul Magic works on Devils and Devil hosts, who already have resistance to these effects as listed on their physiology page.

Edit: I noticed the Devil Physiology page doesn't have soul manip and power modification, so here we are.

Negative Mana should gain Soul Manipulation.
One's Mana is said to be the origin of the soul, with the shape of the soul being the one's magic itself.
Negative Mana affects its user's quality of magic, which can even make them lose their ownership of their grimoire (which is linked to one's soul). In some extreme cases their mana is affected and they become ancient demons.

As for Power Modification, it's straightforward, negative Mana literally turned Lolopechka's support type water magic into an offensive type Devil Water Magic.
Inb4, in BC attack mages can hardly learn support type spells and vice versa. In Lolopechka's case, she wasn't even able to cast a single offensive spell prior to her modification.

I also wanted to talk about Naamah being able to burn light in a place where light is non existent as well as Nacht's spell, which is physically nonexistent. but I'm unsure what ability it would grant.

Edit: Their CM just changes from type 3 to type 2, Nacht also gets CM type 2 to create a world devoid of these concepts (read post #28 for the justification).

Last edited:
Agree

Burning light is burning electromagnetic radiation or photons, so his fire can affect to macro-quantum or quantum level , I don't know which one is right now

Agree

Burning light is burning electromagnetic radiation or photons, so his fire can affect to macro-quantum or quantum level , I don't know which one is right now
Damn you're fast asl, didn't even have the time to send it to yall

Sure, but the thing is that Light doesn't exist in Nacht's world, so he technically burned something that wasn't even there ?

Damn you're fast asl, didn't even have the time to send it to yall

Sure, but the thing is that Light doesn't exist in Nacht's world, so he technically burned something that wasn't even there ?
But they are refering to be able to burn/freeze shadows, light and invisible concepts, unless they are wanking themselves, they don't have reasons to point out that

Lucius should gain a layer of power modification, mind and soul manip as his Soul Magic works on Devils and Devil hosts, who already have resistance to these effects as listed on their physiology page.
I checked the physiology but couldn't find Soul Manipulation resistance. Can you show where it's listed?
I also wanted to talk about Naamah being able to burn light in a place where light is non existent as well as Nacht's spell, which is physically nonexistent. but I'm unsure what ability it would grant.
Isn't this already covers in CM type 3 or 2 which is listed in their profiles.

Damn the profiles are more outdated than I thought, oh well.

Well discard the soul part for now

Isn't this already covers in CM type 3 or 2 which is listed in their profiles.
Nacht mentions light and concepts separately, so he's not referring to the concept of light here (even then, Nacht's world is devoid of light to begin with).

Damn the profiles are more outdated than I thought, oh well.

Well discard the soul part for now
Well, I don't think it qualifies for layered power modification either because it's also not on the physiology page. Regarding mind hax, I'll be neutral on this because it seems like the method used for overwriting the soul is just overwriting the mind. I don't know if this qualifies for layers. Yeah, the physiology page does have mind manipulation resistance, but I don't know if using different methods, and which acts as side effects, qualifies for mind manipulation layers.
Nacht mentions light and concepts separately, so he's not referring to the concept of light here (even then, Nacht's world is devoid of light to begin with).
No? It's clearly mentioned, "It burns everything & freezes everything," then they continue to say light and darkness and concepts. It's the way of explaining how their power works not that at the time light is burning or freezing where light doesn't exist.

Regarding Burning light and shadow seems like NPI and concepts will give type 3 Concept manipulation.

I also wanted to talk about Naamah being able to burn light in a place where light is non existent as well as Nacht's spell, which is physically nonexistent. but I'm unsure what ability it would grant
In the 3 day training with Asta he mentions that his magic is made of non-existent/lacks substances(depends on the translation) that fit the description of void manipulation
The "invisible concepts" he affected with the twins were the "life and death" that did not exist within the shadow world , that would be CM2 as it is affecting the entire shadow world not just the individuals within it
I was waiting for the next chapters to do a CRT on this since there is a system of duality in the verse between light and shadows, which could yield non-duality to antimagic

In the 3 day training with Asta he mentions that his magic is made of non-existent/lacks substances that fit the description of void manipulation
Physically doesn't exist ≠ Void manipulation
Lacking substance ≠ Void Manipulation
Void Manipulation, also known as Nothingness Manipulation is the ability to control and manipulate a void: nothingness or non-existence.
Read the bolded part
The "invisible concepts" he affected with the twins were the "life and death" that did not exist within the shadow world , that would be CM2 as it is affecting the entire shadow world not just the individuals within it.
Independent concepts are treated as type 3 in wiki. Need a feat or statements to show those concepts governs the reality.
Edit: Forget this ☝️. I just realised the shadow realm can be considered as seperate reality.
This might qualify for type 2 concepts. But void manipulation is a no-no.

Physically doesn't exist ≠ Void manipulation
Lacking substance ≠ Void Manipulation
The first part of the description for VM qualifications says that manipulating "non-existent substances" fits for void manipulation

Edit : In fact, I doubt that manipulating shadows can qualify as any type of matter manipulation, especially with Nacht's own descriptions of "lack of substances".

Last edited:
Lacking physical substances is contextually seems like talking about how shadow works.
I agree , but this is more of a case-by-case situation, as not every verse describes shadows being composed of "non-existent substances"
His magic is shadow magic right?
Yes, and magic in the verse is described as "substance manipulation" which means that Nacht is actually manipulating the lack of substances/non-existent substance

Last edited:
I agree , but this is more of a case-by-case situation, as not every verse that describes shadows being composed of "non-existent substances"
This has nothing to do with non-existent substance here. What you are saying and what Nacht is saying are completely different sentences and words.
Here's the corrected version:

"My magic is non-existent substance" (Your words) & "My magic lacks substance (physically doesn't exist, aka his Shadow magic)" (Nacht's words).

You're merging Nacht's statement with the Void Manipulation page. Nacht didn't say 'non-existent substance.' He said his magic lacks substance (physically doesn't exist) and backed it up with a statement about his magic. His magic isn't non-existent substance.
Yes, and magic in the verse is described as "substance manipulation" which means that Nacht is actually manipulating the lack of substances/non-existent substance
That scan isn't helping anything. Mana influencing other substances doesn't disapproves Shadows themselves do not have physical substance.

This has nothing to do with non-existent substance here. What you are saying and what Nacht is saying are completely different sentences and words.
Here's the corrected version:

"My magic is non-existent substance" (Your words) & "My magic lacks substance (physically doesn't exist, aka his Shadow magic)" (Nacht's words).

You're merging Nacht's statement with the Void Manipulation page. Nacht didn't say 'non-existent substance.' He said his magic lacks substance (physically doesn't exist) and backed it up with a statement about his magic. His magic isn't non-existent substance.
This depends on the translation, I'll try to find raws of these scans, but I don't know anyone who can translate

That scan isn't helping anything. Mana influencing other substances doesn't disapproves Shadows themselves do not have physical substance.
They are important when macroquantum manipulation (ray magic, light, photons, etc.) already exists within the verse and has a substance, unlike shadow magic.

オレの魔法を…存在しないものを…破った…

Translates to You broke my magic, something that doesn't exist.

The word substance/physically isn't mentioned, it simply doesn't exist

Shadows and darkness basically state in the non-existence of Light, but except from in the verses explaining the relationship between darkness and nothingness, darkness and shadow manipulation are depicted as an incorporeal elemental power/energy that is the counterpart of light manipulation, so it is not described as void manipulation.
So is there any ability like "incorporeal manipulation" on the Wiki or is it just like normal shadow manipulation?In fact, doesn't the Wiki treat incorporeality as empty/non-existent according to the non-existent physiology page?
The physical body of every character with this ability has to be nonexistent. That means that users always are Incorporeal, unless maybe they physically qualify for Paradoxical Nonexistence. That means that robots or similar don't qualify for spiritual or mental nonexistence, as they physically exist. Incorporeality alone, however, is not enough. The character has to additionally have at least one combination of the following types:

So is there any ability like "incorporeal manipulation" on the Wiki or is it just like normal shadow manipulation?
Normal shadow manipulation because, as I said, shadow manipulation is basically the manipulation of the absence of light, but in the wiki, we give shadow manipulation or darkness manipulation to the characters that manipulate shadows and darkness instead of void manipulation.
In fact, doesn't the Wiki treat incorporeality as empty/non-existent according to the non-existent physiology page?
Non-existent beings are inherently incorporeal, but incorporeal entities are not inherently non-existent entities, they can still exist as some kind of energy, spirit, mind etc.

Edit: I noticed the Devil Physiology page doesn't have soul manip and power modification, so here we are.

One's Mana is said to be the origin of the soul, with the shape of the soul being the one's magic itself.
Negative Mana affects its user's quality of magic, which can even make them lose their ownership of their grimoire (which is linked to one's soul). In some extreme cases their mana is affected and they become ancient demons.

As for Power Modification, it's straightforward, negative Mana literally turned Lolopechka's support type water magic into an offensive type Devil Water Magic.
Inb4, in BC attack mages can hardly learn support type spells and vice versa. In Lolopechka's case, she wasn't even able to cast a single offensive spell prior to her modification.

Edit: Their CM just changes from type 3 to type 2, Nacht also gets CM type 2 to create a world devoid of these concepts (read post #28 for the justification).
About layers, I think it needs to be done in the layer evaluation topic,
Lucius doesn't need layers, having soul magic would be equivalent to having control over the concept of the soul in BC

About layers, I think it needs to be done in the layer evaluation topic,
The hax evaluation thread is an insurance, you don't need it (and that thread is seriously stagnating to be honest).

At the end of the day, you need a few staff to agree so it doesn't even matter
Lucius doesn't need layers, having soul magic would be equivalent to having control over the concept of the soul in BC
That's not the case nor how concepts works.

Isn't Patri got affected because Zagris whatever that devil name is corrupting him (It's been a while I read BC so can't remember the name lol)
This is after she was turned into devil host or whatever right? How this has anything to do with Mana? (As I said it's been a while I read the series so I forgot the events)

Isn't Patri got affected because Zagris whatever that devil name is corrupting him (It's been a while I read BC so can't remember the name lol)
Basically he was overflowing with negative Mana, just like Licht before (Except Licht resisted it).
The only thing Zagred may have done is, well, make him overflow with Negative Mana.
This is after she was turned into devil host or whatever right?
She's not a devil host, you mistook her for Sister Lily
Regardless, there's also Patry's case.
How this has anything to do with Mana? (As I said it's been a while I read the series so I forgot the events)
Anything that uses Negative Mana is considered Forbidden Magic, so while things like Devils power and all have different name, it's still uses negative Mana.

Back