• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, is there characters out there that could do the pull-back method on this guy?

Is there any character in fiction that at least has a understanding of physics and body control and coordination that can use Accelerator's Shield against him?

I'm still trying to understand his power but it seems like nobody can even lay a finger on him.

It's possible that Spider-Man can pull it off with his Spider-Senses. Or the Flash, but I'm not fully conifdent due to the recent feats he has displayed by reflecting a multiversal attack or some crap like that.

There's her.

The way I see it, if anyone is capable of timing the method perfectly or at least knows how physics really works or get a basic understanding of his ability, they can beat him.

It's extremely difficult, but not impossible. Characters with superhuman reflexes and reaction like Spider-Man could pull it off. And characters that exceed the speed of light and beyond like Flash, most likely would pull it off as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but after the fight with Kihara, didn't Accelerator patch that loophole in his re-Direction so that it wouldn't be a problem anymore?

There has never been any indication that he patched it so no. Rensa didn't do it but she probably could since she can use Accels power.

The only person in Index to do it succesfully is Kihara Amata, while that one ninja guy who I forgot the name of did it but it broke his arm.

Other people who could possibly do it are Kuroyoru Umidori and Kihara Enshuu.

Significantly faster characters, characters with really good precog or info analysis

The techique is not about speed so the likes of the flash can't pull it off with speed alone. The key to the technique is precision, knowing what and how Accel's ability works and Accel's personality itself as he can change where his AIM is. Kihara Amata was able to pull it off simply due to the fact that he knew both Accel's ability and his personality inside out that he was able to pull it off. No one else has been able to pull it off fully. A ninja slightly pulled it off in OT19 but he ended up with a broken hand due to the fact he couldn't pull if off properly. No one else has used the techinque since but Umidori says that she can.

YamiBakura321 said:
Kumawaga Misiogi's All Ficiton could negate Acceleators shield.

Ryougi Shiki's Mystic Eyes of Death ignores Acceleators shield.
And neither of those matter to the question.

Probably Han Jee-Han could info-analysis and use battle plan to figure the same tactic out.

Edit* The pullback method is a very specific way of bypassing Accelerators power. Since Accelerator is aware of the exploit, he knows to counter it so it shouldnt be too much of an issue for him now. I agree with Demise0 that someone like Kihara Enshuu/Yuuitsu who are familair with Amata's techniques or Rensa/Umidori who are accustomed to his AIM makeup could be capable of replicating it.

I think with Rensa it would depend on how much she knows about Accel. Yes she can copy his power but that doesn't necessarily mean she knows of the pull back technique or how to pull it off. Accel himself didn't know of such a technique until Amata explained it to him. So it would depend on how much Rensa knows about Accel, which seems to be a lot so she most likely could pull it off.

Oxygen removal easily is one thing. One method that was assumed to be able to defeat him was literally making the air around him incredibly poisonous to breathe in. Or so iirc. Mikasa clones planned that.

Spawn888 said:
Well shit,

What CAN bypass that field? What abilities?
- Time stop/manipulation

- Vectorless alpha strike

- Extremely potent Mind Hax

- Complete power negation

- True reality warping

- Existence Erasure

- Extremely foreign & in-comprehensible attacks

- Soul manipulation

- Asphyxiation

- Instantaneous planet bust

Are all lethal to Accelerator.

Manipulation of the soul does not, because now Accel knows what souls are, so the shield has already been adapted to defend against attacks like this.

That bit itself in the story dosent really make sense in context with his power, it was put in so there would at least be some way that the opponent could do something to Accelerator. We shouldent be able to use it since it is only if you move an unspecified speed, at an unspecified distance from him, he reflects it back into him. We cant really give a combatent info we dont even know. That would just lead to both sides speculating. We cant figure out who can do it if we dont even know the specifics of what they need to do.

No one without some sort of auto-analyze ability + extremely good reflexes and speed can do it. It requires literally microscopic accuracy and the slightest mix up will break you immediately. You also need to know specifically how fast his reflection happens to begin with and where to pull back (an analyze ability should cover that part at least) but I really think it's a method that can almost never be replicated without specific contexts and/or having cultivated his ability to begin with. Speed itself is not a factor. Flash cannot pull it off. Precog also probably doesn't matter since unless they can analyze down to the last detail where his AIM field begins instead of knowing it will be reflected, it doesn't matter. The biggest requirement is tempermental microscopic pin-point needle percision with your fists. Speed doesn't matter but reaction time helps as well. In reality I don't think anyone should rely on this method in say a fight because it's so extremely contextual and situation based that it probably won't matter since if you tried it Accel is more likely to just slam himself right into you instead to circumvent it and you're left as a red mist. So.

Theoretically though he should've been able to patch it. He didn't show any sense of fear against Umidori, he just kinda stared at her. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't for some reason though but I highly doubt it even matters since Accelerator no longer just stands there and lets you punch him.

The ability could only be used by amata cause he knew accel way of thinking and developed his power + his filed of study was specific to precision ( controlling hammer-level destructive power on the microscopic level ), accel can easily change the parameters of the barrier(from the direction of the force to the distance of his barrier to his skin, for example make it go up instead of reflecting) but amata would simply adjust to it as he knew accel way of thinking, 1 way to copy it is: knowing the weakness, having the precision to do it and constantly scanning accel mind to know the changes he made to the barrier

and u can bypass it by what is listed by potato if they don't require vectors or out calculate him (3 combined lvl 5 calculations power managed to bypass reflection to teleportation but not physical and slightly damage him with telekinesis, 1 processor device used to predict the future managed to bypass it completely through raw calculation power)

Schnee One said:
How potent mindhax are we talking?
Pretty sure he doesn't have any mindhax resistance, it's just that he is able to reflect the vectors. If a mindhax uses vectors it won't affect him, so the force would work no problem.

well he does have mind hax res, he easily resisted people clearing field and 545 mind corruption + he has control over his own body with vector control so it's like 2 layers 1 the barrier 2 his own control

btw, the Star Wars force should not work on Accel, as it has both biological manipulation and soul manipulation features, both of which Accel can now reflect.

He can only reflect stuff with vectors. He doesn't have inherent resistance to mind/soul hax, so any of those that don't work with vectors will work on him. And pretty sure the Force mindhax doesn't have vectors.

With regards to my thing above:

I don't exactly see how with a sufficiently ridiculous speed advantage (like, can make minute movements before he can even form thoughts) they can't just react to when he flips the direction (since you still feel force on you) and flip in response to it. Similarly, detailed enough precog should be able to divine that exact movement to switch direction.

Ogbunabali said:
He can only reflect stuff with vectors. He doesn't have inherent resistance to mind/soul hax, so any of those that don't work with vectors will work on him. And pretty sure the Force mindhax doesn't have vectors.
He reflected Corazon's soul after he acquired the platinum wings, then the current shield can reflect things in both the material and spiritual planes, i am not an Star Wars expert, but afaik to manipulate the mind of someone you need to manipulate the midi-chlorians inside the brain of someone, the midi-chlorians are things inside all cells that produce the vital/spiritual energy of all living beings. Sorry for any grammar errors, my English is still in training.

The life force in star wars is produced by the midi-chlorians, and accel can manipulate life force anyway.

Is this thread still on the specific mechanic OP asked about, or just who in general asks this?

XDragnoir said:
The life force in star wars is produced by the midi-chlorians, and accel can manipulate life force anyway.
That's absolutely not true.

The Yuuzong Vong still exist despite living outside of the force

Besides, just because the force can be applied to soul manipulation doesn't mean Accel can reflect it when it isn't used for that purpose

Back