• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Saik matt changed the rules a few months ago now, it allowed characters with aignificantly different tiers and minor character / story differences allowed to be added, so im guessing the same can be applied for smash characters? although i see where youre coming from, maybe smash is pushing it a bit too far

The problem is that 90% of these characters are the exact same as their canon counterparts story-wise, outside of the SSE. So it's not enough to fit the requirements imo, unless it's stuff with characters who don't fight usually and thus gained a bunch of new abilities in Smash (Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, G&W, Wii Fit, etc.)

The only reason Kirby has a profile is because the calc came from him. And I don't think we need to create bonus profiles for all these characters unless they have something to make them a different character. Or if said character is pretty much featless outside of Smash. For example, Captain Falcon is literally featless outside the his Anime and Comics. As is the Wii Fit trainer. Also fine with R.O.B. and Game and Watch, because the former is basically just a toy IRL with no original game and the latter is a composite of many Game and Watch characters.

And actually, the Crossover rules basically says there needs some significant difference from their original counterparts for them to be considered profiles iirc.

I think Sheik should have a Smash profile, tbh.

In terms of power though, because that was brought up, doesn't Rosalina create miniature galaxies with some of her aerials?

Also Bayonetta referenced the Smash series, which obviously means it's canon to Bayonetta.

But ye, we should probably delete Kirby if we're going to disallow Smash profiles.

Well we don't really make this kind of exceptions for other such characters, like GT Buu and all and all, so not sure if we should do it for Kirby.

Also not really. Apart from the Pocket Ability and the Balloons, Smash Villager is just the canon Villager without time-related abilities and stronger.

Well Dark649 did have plans to update the Dragon Ball GT verse page to Dragon Ball (Anime) or something like that. As well as move all the Anime and Filler characters to that page.

Was this approved though? Also GT is kinda its own continuity compared to Smash, who heavily borrows from its home franchises, so I'm not sure.

Dragon Ball GT continues where the DBZ Anime left off, and Filler and Movie characters make appearances in the Super 17 saga. On top of movie characters appearing in filler and vice versa. GT, Anime adaptations, Movie, and Filler are all part of one big Extended Universe. But that's off topic.

I do not have much knowledge of Smash Bros., but don't we have crossover profiles for existing characters that have their own stats correspondent to the verse at hand (E.G, Classic Mega Ma and Archie Comics Mega Ma)? I don't see what is wrong with the smash profiles aside from having identical backstories and nerfed down versions of an existing character's abilities. Please feel free to point out if the analogy I made was incorrect.

With all due respect, Hadou's blog seems rather flawed. Most of them aren't even feats, just wavy backgroun cinematic effects to make things look cooler.

I still think Villager is different enough to warrant a Smash key for him.

Yeah Hadou's feats aren't the best. A wavy background is nowhere near a black hole.

Most characters we allow a Smash version of are far more different than the Village is to his original self:

G&W: Regular human with a few odd abilities | Humanoid abomination in 2-D capable of teleportation made out of a primal substance capable of taking the shape of nearly anything and copy abilities

Duck Hunt: Regular dog who's tougher than usual | Intelligent beast capable of summoning 8-Bit creatures in a 3-D world, can BFR people and can summon a non-corporeal shooter to shoot stuff out of nowhere

Wii Fit Trainer: Yoga teacher | Superhuman capable of harnessing the power of the sun to heal or attack and can project energy to directly attack people

R.O.B.: Backstory-less 10-C robot | Leader of an ancient race of robotic lifeform who can shoot lasers and possesses an integrated jetpack

Cap. Falcon: Racer with a gun | Superhuman brawler capable of producing fire from his hands

And the Villager...

Villager: Normal Citizen with access to a variety of items | Normal Citizen with access to a variety of items and can absorb and shoot back projectiles

Still hold my ground that Villager isn't different enough for a new key.

I intended to take the black hole stuff off, but I don't see any problem with using the "effects" that appear when characters use Final Smashes as feats. Not like they would be very good feats but still.

Back