• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
It's been bugging me for a while, but the verse is linking the canon counterparts of many of its characters rather than the smash versions (i understand they have not been made yet, but it isnt quite accurate)

also i call dibs on the metroid profiles

Pretty sure we shouldn't make profiles for Smash-versions of characters, unless it's stuff like G&W or R.O.B.. We had a thread on that.

It's a problem with the category too, since we apply the Smash Bros. category to the canon versions of characters who appeared in Smash, rather than the few Smash versions or Smash-original profiles we have.

Because all character in Smash are trophy who aren't the true characters of their respective licence?

Normal crossover -> actual character

Smash -> Toys that represent the character, they aren't the character itself.

I don't see why we shouldn't do the pages for Smash characters, as they aren't a version of that character, but different characters.

Except that they have the exact same backstory and most of their abilities (If anything, the Smash versions of these characters are just nerfed ability-wise version of the originals).

Because silly reasons. Akuma should be deleted as well to be honest, alongside Ryu. Literally the same character except stronger.

There are higher showings than tier 7, now. I'm sure there is enough trophy lore and black hole techniques now in Smash to up the characters at least to like tier 5 or tier 4.

They can be scale to both Sonic and Tabuu to skyrocket them to tier 2 actually. We just need to split the keys into pre and post Subspace Emissary.

TriforcePower1 said:
@ Saikou
"Same backstory". The Smash characters are literally toys. The "original" character is not.
Except no? We clearly see, due to stuff like Palutena's Guidance and Snake's Codec, that the evens of their respective games did happen. Them being trophy doesn't change that.

And I mean it's not like we have the real Mario interacting with his Trophy Smash self or anything.

Tier 2 Smash was proposed before (Complete with Trophies and the feat of surviving the destruction of Subspace) and rejected.

Well, I'm looking for original description but is tanking the background attacks like that bullshit lasers in Corneria counts as a dura feat? If it is I found some tier 5 shit.

Well, the trophy called Orbital Gate has some tier 5 description but I think it isn't consistent. I gotta find more.

I also kind of think that Master Core needs to be At least Low 2-C just like Master Hand. He is appeared like a superboss of some sort in 4.

Seems like MC was rated as "Unknown" because it's stronger than MH by an unknown amount, but that seems silly to me.

In unrelated news

Think we should remove the Super Smash Bro's category on everyone who isnt really a playable fighter, or at least not a boss. Just to clear it up a bit.

What do people feel about Jinx's suggestion of removing "smash bros" from non smash Bros versions of character (or just non playable ones)

I agree that it should be removed. It's redundant and honestly confusing.

While we're at it the BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle tag should probably go too. It's the same thing only there aren't even any TAG original characters to begin with.

I see, I see.

Also given the canonicity rules being significantly less restrictive, do you guys think we can make smash version profiles or nay?

Background characters shouldn't be included, only those who directly interfere in the battles (Assist Trophies, Final Smashes and Pokeballs/Masterballs). My opinion.

SomebodyData said:
Also given the canonicity rules being significantly less restrictive, do you guys think we can make smash version profiles or nay?
I'm okay with that.

Back